- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of Deduct Value Curves for the Pavement Condition Index of Asphalt Airfield Pavement
아스팔트 공항포장의 PCI 산출을 위한 공제값 곡선 개발
- Received : 2013.04.09
- Accepted : 2013.05.02
- Published : 2013.06.17
PURPOSES: This study is to develop the deduct value curves for the calculation of pavement condition index of asphalt airfield pavement. METHODS: To develop the deduct value curves of asphalt airfield pavement, panel rating was conducted to decide the pavement condition based on pavement distress type, severity, and density. RESULTS: Results show that standard deviation of deduct values by panel rating is increased at higher severity level and as damage density increases. The deduct value of alligator cracking show the highest. CONCLUSIONS: The deduct value curves based on panel rating could be used without existing problems which were occurred in Shahin's method.
Supported by : 한국건설교통기술연구원
- An, Deok-Soon, Kwon, Soo-Ahn, Suh, Young-chan (2003), The Study on Customization for Domestic Application of Micro PAVER, Journal of the Korean Society of Pavement Engineers, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp.21-29.
- Broten, M. and Sombre, R. D. (2001), "The Airfield Pavement Condition Index(PCI) Evaluation Procedure : Advantages, Common Misapplications, and Potential Pitfalls", 5th International Conference on Managing Pavements.
- FAA (2007), Guidelines and Procedures for Maintenance of Airport Pavements, Advisory Circular 150/5380-6B, Federal Aviation Administration
- Shahin, M. Y., Darter, M. I. and Kohn, S. D. (1977), Development of a Pavement Maintenance Management System : Volume 1. Airfield Pavement Condition Rating, Final Report, Civil and Environmental Engineering Development Office (Air Force Systems Command), Illinois.
- Shahin, M. Y. (1994), Pavement Management for Airports, Roads, and Parking Lots, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Uzarski, D. R., Weightman, P. A., Hunter, S. L. and Brotherson, D. E. (1995), Development of Condition Indexes for Building Exteriors, USACERL Technical Report, US Army Corps of Engineers.