- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Land cover change and forest fragmentation analysis for Naypyidaw, Myanmar
미얀마 네피도 지역의 도시개발로 인한 토지피복변화 탐지 및 산림파편화 분석
- Kong, In-Hye (Graduate School, Seoul National University) ;
- Baek, Gyoung-Hye (Graduate School, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Dong-Kun (Department of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2013.01.07
- Accepted : 2013.02.18
- Published : 2013.04.30
Myanmar(Burma) has been preserved valuable environmental resources because of its political isolation. But recently, Myanmar has moved a capital city(Naypyidaw) at central forest area and it has been urbanized radically since 2005. In this paper, we built multi-temporal land cover map from Landsat images of 1970s to 2012 with ENVI 4.5 software. For a broad approach, administrative district Yamethin which includes Naypyidaw is classified into 3 classes and with only Naypyidaw region is classified with 4-5 classes to analyse specific changes. And with forest cover extracted by Object Oriented Classification, we evaluated forest fragmentation before and after the development using Patch Analyst(FRAGSTATs 3.3) at Yamethin area. For Yamethin area, there were significant forest cover change, 51% in 1999 to 48% in 2012, and for Naypyidaw area, 67% in 1999 to 57% in 2012 respectively. Also landscape indices resulted from Patch Analyst concluded that the total edge, edge density and mean shaped index of forest patches increased and total core area is decreased. It is attributed from land cover change with urbanization and agricultural land expansion.
Land use change;urbanization;forest fragmentation;landsat
Supported by : 환경부
- 공영호, 윤양, 강미랑, 유리, 2012, 해외산림투자 실무가이드:미얀마, 산림청 녹색사업단
- 김광래.이종성, 1998, 원격탐사자료를 이용한 서울시 토지피복의 시계열 변화량 추출, 대한국토.도시계획학회 33(3), 363-374.
- 김상욱.박종화, 2001, 북한 도시지역의 산림파편화 변화조사, 환경영향평가 10(1), 39-47.
- 김은영, 송원경, 이동근, 2012, 산림파편화에 대한 국내외 연구동향, 한국환경복원기술학회 15(2), 149-159.
- 양승윤, 2005, 미얀마, 한국외국어대학교출판부
- 이우성, 박경훈, 김동필, 2008, 등산로 개설에 의한 산림의 경관생태학적 영향 분석, 한국환경생태학회지 22(2), 128-137.
- 허성구, 김기성, 안재훈, 윤정숙, 임경재, 최중대, 신용철, 유창원, 2007, FRAGSTAT 모형을 이용한 도암댐 유역의 산림 파편화 분석, 한국지리정보학회지 10(1), 10-21.
- 홍창희.박종화, 2009, 고해상도 영상자료 및 객체지향분류기법을 이용한 식생분류 정확도 향상방안 연구, 한국환경영향평가학회 18(6), 387-392.
- Hlaing, Z. C., 2012, The Growth of Teak(Tectona grandis Linn.f) in different aged plantations in Bago Yoma Range, Myanmar, 서울대학교 산림과학부 석사학위논문.
- Kupfer, J. A., 2012, Landscape ecology and biogeography: Rethinking landscape metrics in a post-FRAGSTATS landscape, Progress in Physical Geography (published online 2 April 2012).
- Marshall Cavendish Corporation, 2007, World and Its Peoples: Eastern and Southern Asia. Marshall Cavendish. p. 650.
- Maung, T. M., and Yamamoto, M., 2008, Exploring the Socio-Economic Situation of Plantation Villagers: A Case Study in Myanmar Bago Yoma, Small-scale Forestry 7, 29-48. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11842-008-9039-1
- McGarigal, K. and Marks, B. J., 1995, FRAGSTAT: Spatial Pattern Analysis Program for Quantifying Landscape Structure.
- MEA(Millenium Ecosystem Assessment), 2005, Ecosystems and Human Well-being: Multiscale Assessment, Millennium Ecosystem Assessment Series, 4, Washington, DC(Island Press), Google Books.
- Pham, H. M. and Yamaguchi, Y., 2011, Urban growth and change analysis using remote sensing and spatial metrics from 1975 to 2003 for Hanoi, Vietnam, International Journal of Remote Sensing 32(7), 1901-1915. https://doi.org/10.1080/01431161003639652
- Seekins, D. M., 2009, 'Runaway chickens' and Myanmar identity, City: analysis of urban trends, culture, theory, policy, action, 13:1, 63-70
- Songer, M. Aung, M. Senior, B. DeFries, R. Leimgruber, P., 2009, Spatial and temporal deforestation dynamics in protected and unprotected dry forests: a case study from Myanmar (Burma), Biodiversity Conservation 18, 1001-1018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10531-008-9490-5
- Steinberg, D. I., 2009, Burma/Myanmar:What everyone needs to know, Oxford University Press(장준영 역, 2011, 버마/미얀마: 모두 가 알아야 할 사실들, 높이깊이, pp. 191-195)
- Stibig, H-J. Beuchle, R. and Achard, F., 2003, Mapping of the tropical forest cover of insular Southeast Asia from SPOT4-Vegetation images, Int. J. Remote Sens 24 (18), 3651-3662. https://doi.org/10.1080/0143116021000024113
- Tang, J. Bu, K. Yang, J. Zhang, S. Chang, L., 2012, Multitemporal analysis of forest fragmentation in the upstream region of the Nenjiang River Basin, Northeast China, Ecological Indicators 23, 597-607. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2012.05.012
- UNEP, 2009, Vital forest graphics.
- WFP, 2011, Food security assessment in the dry zone Myanmar.
- CIA Factbook "https://www.cia.gov" (2013.1.28)
- CNN news (2011) "six of world's 10 fastest-growing cities in China" "http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/10/31/population.fastest.growing.cities/index.html" (2013.1.28)
- CNN news (2013) "From Burma to Myanmar: Land of rising expectations" "http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/02/opinion/myanmar-khanna/index.html" (2013.1.28)
- USGS site "http://glovis.usgs.gov" (2013.1.28)
- Wikipedia Naypyidaw "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naypyidaw" (2013. 1.28)