- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Review of Contamination and Monitoring of On-site Groundwater at Foreign Nuclear Power Plants due to Unplanned Release
비계획적 방출에 의한 해외 원전 부지 지하수 오염 및 감시 기술현황 분석
- Sohn, Wook (Central Research Institute, Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co. LTD.) ;
- Lee, Gab-Bok (Central Research Institute, Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co. LTD.) ;
- Yang, Yang-Hee (Central Research Institute, Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co. LTD.)
- Received : 2013.04.02
- Accepted : 2013.04.15
- Published : 2013.06.30
Utilities have tried to ensure that radiological hazards to the environment and residents are kept as low as reasonably achievable by monitoring and controlling planned releases. However, since groundwater contamination was reported to occur due to unplanned releases mostly in the United States nuclear power plants, the interest of the stakeholders has increased to a point where it is now one of the most important issues in the United States nuclear power industry. This paper aims to help to implement an effective on-site groundwater monitoring program at domestic nuclear power plants by briefing the experiences of the United States nuclear power plants on groundwater contaminations and groundwater monitoring, and responses of the United States nuclear industry and regulator body for them.
- Richards S, Frye T, Shepherd J, Nicholson T, Kuzo G, Shoop U, Sakai S, Allen R. Liquid radioactive release lessons learned task force final report. Washington D.C U.S. 2006.
- 손순환, 최원학, 이갑복, 손욱, 강금석, 양양희, 이두호, 고영우, 장영식, 김윤식, 윤정균, 김규원, 이수진. 원전 부지 지하수 모니터링 방안 연구. 대전 한국. 2010.
- 손욱, 손순환. 해외지하수오염사례조사. 대전 한국. 2010.
- 현승규, 이희택, 심택모, 진소범. 원전부지 내 액체방 사성물질 누출감시에 관한 규제지침(안) 개발. KINS/RR-736. 대전 한국. 2009.
- Nuclear Energy Institute. Industry ground water protection initiative-Final guidance document. NEI 07-07. Washington D.C U.S. 2007.
- Urfer B. Groundwater contamination from nuclear reactors goes nationwide. Nukewatch Quarterly. U.S. 2008.
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission. List of historical leaks and spills at U.S. Commercial Nuclear Power Plants. Washington D.C U.S. 2010.
- Excelon. Braidwood station groundwater tritium investigation. pbadupws.nrc.gov/docs/ML1024/ ML102450690.pdf.
- Bushart S, Scott D, Keefer D, Darois M, Darois E, Cardarelli R. Groundwater monitoring guidance for nuclear power plant. 1011730. Palo Alto U.S.2005.
- Http://greennuclearbutterfly.blogspot.com/2007_ 10_14_archive.html.
- Terrell MS, McGee D. Decommissioning lessons learned at Yankee Rowe. WM '01 Conference. 2001.
- Heathwaite R. INPO OE CR-VTY-2010-00069. Personal Communication. 2010.
- Stall JA. RE: Groundwater protection-Data collection questionnaire. L-2006-180. U.S. 2006.
- Kim K, Chardarelli R, Cumming E, Darois E, Scott D. Groundwater protection guidelines for nuclear power plants. 1015118. Palo Alto U.S. 2007.
- Kim K, McGrath R. Groundwater and soil remediation guidelines for nuclear power plants: Public edition. 1023464. Palo Alto U.S. 2011.