- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of a simple laboratory-made radioactive source to check the integrity of a gamma spectrometry system with HPGe detector
HPGe 검출기를 사용한 감마분광분석계의 점검선원 개발
- Lee, Mo Sung (Cheongju Univ.)
- 이모성 (청주대학교 이공대학)
- Received : 2013.05.21
- Accepted : 2013.06.10
- Published : 2013.06.30
A simple laboratory-made radioactive source to check the integrity of a gamma spectrometry system with HPGe detector was developed. The check source consists of radium-riched soil which was ground in size of less than 0.154mm and contained in air tight cylinderical vial, and provides photons with 12 distinct energies. The spectra of the check source were measured once a month during one year, analyzed the charactreictics of their peaks. When the gamma spectrometry system was in normal state, the areas and FWHMs of the gamma rays with more than 3% gamma emission rate in radium and its decay products was constant within standard deviation 2% and 3%, respectively, except 77 keV peak. And it was found that this check source can play a sufficient role to check the integrity of a gamma spectrometry system using 10 peaks in the range of 77 to 2202 keV.
- 국가표준기본법. 법률 제10690호. 2013.
- 한국인정기구. 교정대상 및 주기설정을 위한 지침, KOLAS-G-013. 2013.
- American National Standards Institute. Calibration and use of gamma spectrometers for the measurement of gamma-ray emission rates of radionuclides. ANSI N42.14 1991.
- IEC TC/SC 45. Nuclear instrumentation - Measurement of gamma-ray emission rates of radionuclides - Calibration and use of germanium spectrometers. IEC 61452 Ed. 1.0 b:1995.
- Knoll GF. Germanium gamma-ray detectors. in:Bill Zobrist, Robin Factor, Sigmund Malinowski. Radiation detection and measurement, 3rd ed. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1999.
- http://www.ezag.com/fileadmin/ezag/user-uploads/ isotopes/pdf/EZIP_Ref_Cal_Catalog.pdf.