- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Relation of Self-Efficacy and Cognition of Irradiated Food among High School Students
고등학생의 방사선조사식품에 대한 인식과 자기효능감과의 관련성
- Received : 2013.04.23
- Accepted : 2013.05.23
- Published : 2013.06.30
In this paper, we analyzed the Cognition of irradiated food and its relation with self-efficacy. The most important variables described behaviors based on health choices compared with the choice to choose irradiated food items. According to the survey, 33.1% of respondents said that the reason why irradiated food is considered to be a health risk is because "radiation is dangerous". 27.9% of respondents answered that "eating irradiated food is like eating a radioactive substance", 21.1% said radiated food is comparable to a "genetic variation in food" while 10.1% said "food goes bad during the irradiation process". On this basis, it is reasonable to conclude that respondents have a misunderstanding of irradiated food without reference to the general theory of irradiated knowledge. In this respect, it would be helpful to provide education showing that irradiated food is not related to eating harmful or genetically modified food to help high school students create informed opinions of irradiated food. In terms of relevance with health-specific self-efficacy, experience of acquiring information about irradiated food was marked at r=0.148 (p<0.01), experience of purchasing irradiated food was marked at r=0.077 (p<0.05), experience of eating irradiated food was marked at r=0.113 (p<0.01) while knowledge of irradiated food, attitude towards irradiated food and behavior was marked at r=0.103 (p<0.01), r=0.076 (p<0.05) and r=0.105 (p<0.01) respectively. This shows that self-efficacy is high when one has experience of acquiring information about irradiated food, purchasing or eating irradiated food resulting in a high level of knowledge, attitude and behavior. Education which serves to improve the level of self-efficacy needs to be provided along with an educational program which will increase the public's understanding of irradiated food. It is expected that if this education which increases the level of self-efficacy is provided together with correct information of irradiated food, behavior to choose and eat irradiated food will also improve.
- 김용문. 식품과 방사선 조사에 대한 WHO의 기본입장. 식품위생안전학회지. 1994;9(1):13-16.
- World Health Organisation. Wholesomeness of Irradiated Food; Report of a joint FAO/IAEA/WHO expert committee. Technical Report Series 659. 1981:7-34.
- Codex Alimentarius Commission. Codex General Standard for Irradiated Foods. CODEX STAN106- 1983; REV 1-2003. 2008.
- 소비자안전센터. 방사선조사식품 표시실태 조사. 한국소비자원. 2011:4.
- 김규헌, 최은진, 장호원, 신춘식, 김문영, 황초롱, 김은정, 조태용, 박건상, 강명희, 김재이, 김진숙, 박순희, 성락선, 장영미, 윤혜성, 한상배. 광자극발광법, 열발광법 및 전자스핀공명법을 이용한 국내 방사선 조사 허용 외 식품에 대한 검지법 적용 연구. 식품위생안전학회. 2012;27(3):233-246.
- 변명우. 식품산업에서 방사선 조사기술의 이용과 전망. 식품과학과 산업. 1997;30(1):89-100.
- 조준일, 이지애, 이순호, 황인균. 광자극발광법과 열 발광법을 이용한 국내 방사선 조사 허용 외 식품에 대한 실태 조사. 식품위생안전학회지. 2010;25(1): 73-78.
- 식품의약품안전청. 식품공전-식품일반에 대한 공통 기준 및 규격. 2012:2-1-11.
- 김미라. 방사선조사에 대한 국내.외 관리동향 보고서. MONO1200506432. 식품의약품안전청. 2004:5.
- 김효정, 김미라. 방사선조사 식품에 대한 소비자의 태도. 대한가정학회지. 2003;41(5):119-130.
- John W, Malone J. Consumer willingness to purchase and to pay more for potential benefits of irradiated fresh food products. Agribusiness. 1990; 6(2):163-178. https://doi.org/10.1002/1520-6297(199003)6:2<163::AID-AGR2720060209>3.0.CO;2-J
- Foster A. The impact of consumer acceptance on trade in irradiated foods. Brit. Food J. 1990; 92(5): 28-34.
- 권중호. 방사선 조사식품의 ESR 검지법 적용연구. 식품의약품안전청. 2008:1.
- 김학수, 박성철. 청소년의 방사선조사 식품 이해에 관한 전국조사 연구. 한국식생활문화학회지. 2002; 17(2):142.
- Baranowski T, Perry CL, Parcel GS. How Individuals, Environments, and Health Behavior Interact: Social Cognitive Theory. In K.Glanz, F. M. Lewis, & B. K. Rimer(Eds.), Health Behavior and Health Education: Theory, Research, and Practice(3 ed, 165-184). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. 2002.
- Redding CA, Rossi JS, Rossi SR, Velicer WF, Prochaska JO. Health Behavior Models. The International Electronic Journal of Health Education. 2000;3:180-193.
- Icek Ajzen. Perceived Behavioral Control, Self- Efficacy, Locus of Control, and the Theory of Planned Behavior. Journal of Applied Social Psychology. 2002;32(4):665-683. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.2002.tb00236.x
- Bandura A. Social Foundations of Thought and Action: A Social Cognitive Theory. Englewood Cliffs NJ: Prentice-Hall. 1986.
- 김현정. 조직풍토에 따른 조직유효성에 관한 연구: 자기효능감 조절변수를 중심으로. 이화여자대학교 대학원. 2004.
- Bandura A. Self-efficacy: Toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological Rev. 1977: 84;191-215. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- Wood RE, Mento AJ, Locke. Task complexity as a Moderator of goal effects: A meta analysis. Journal of Applied psychology. 1987;23:127-138.
- Zimmerman BJ. Academic studying and the development of personal skill. Educational Psychologist. 1998;33:73-86. https://doi.org/10.1080/00461520.1998.9653292
- Gellathy IR, Meyer J P. The effects of goal difficulty on physiological arousal, cognition, and task performance. Journal of Applied Psychology. 1992;77:694-704. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.77.5.694
- Bandura A. Perceived self-efficacy in cognitive development and functioning. Educational Psychologist. 1993;28(2):117-148. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326985ep2802_3
- Latham GP, Winters DC, Locke EA. Cognitive and motivational mediators of the effects of participation on performance. University of Toronto. Unpublished manuscript. 1991.
- Schunk DH. Self-efficacy perspective on achievement behavior. Educational Psychologist. 1984;19(1):48-58. https://doi.org/10.1080/00461528409529281
- 한은옥, 이준일. 일부 대학생의 방사선이용에 대한 태도. 대한방사선방어학회 2006;31(4):219-235.
- 한은옥. 전공자와 비전공자 대학생 간의 방사선이용 분야별 필요성인식 수준 차이. 대한방사선방어학회 2011;36(4):230-236.
- Becker HA, Stuifbergen A, Oh HS, Hall S. The self- rated abilities for health practices scale: A health-efficacy measure. Health Value. 1993;17:42-50.
- 차정은. 일반적 자기효능감 척도개발을 위한 일 연구. 이화여자대학교 학위논문. 2007:1-79.
- 최정미. 일부 대학생의 자기 효능감이 건강증진 행위 에 미치는 영향. 이화여자대학교 학위논문. 2004:1-63.
- 김효정, 김미라. 방사선조사식품에 대한 소비자의 인식도 및 수용도에 관한 연구. 한국식생활문화학회지. 1998;13(4):275-291.
- 박태균. 방사선조사식품과 미디어 홍보전략. 식품저장과 가공산업. 2010;9(1):70-74.
- Bandura A, Schunk DH. Social foundations of thought and action: A social cognitive theory. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall. 1986.
- Lawrance L, McLeroy KR. Self-efficacy and health education. J. School Health. 1986;56: 317-321. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1746-1561.1986.tb05761.x
- Analysis of food irradiation education for elementary, middle, and high school students for three years in South Korea vol.10, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4162/nrp.2016.10.2.237
- Using education on irradiated foods to change behavior of Korean elementary, middle, and high school students vol.8, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4162/nrp.2014.8.5.595