- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of a Needs Based Education Course on the Basics of Radiation
수요 분석 기반 방사선 기초 교육과정 개발
- Nam, Jong Soo (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Won, Jong Yeoul (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Seo, Kyung Won (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Yoo, Hye Won (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Hwang, In Ah (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.03.08
- Accepted : 2013.05.27
- Published : 2013.06.30
With the export of commercial nuclear power plants to UAE and that of a research reactor to Jordan, as well as the additional construction of domestic nuclear power plants, the demand of nuclear manpower is expected to increase sharply. Accordingly, nuclear manpower development is recently becoming an important issue. Major institutes involved in nuclear programs are well equipped with education and training procedures and resources. However, small and medium sized businesses have difficulties to educate their employees due to their limited resources and capacity for the education. Addressing the difficulties, this study is intended to develop and education course in accordance with the "Systematic Approach to Training (SAT)". For this, a survey is conducted on the need of education in small and medium sized businesses, based on which a pilot course on the basics of radiation is developed and operated. An assessment on the development and operation using a survey regarding participants response has shown high grades of performance, i.e. above 4.0 points (full mark: 5.0 points) on each level of expectancy, satisfaction and lecturers' capacity. The experience from this study will be used to develop other programs of nuclear power and ASME code, which are also identified from the need analysis.
- 내일신문. 진단: 원자력발전 인력양성 대책. 2010.07.15.
- 한국원자력연구원. 글로벌 원자력 인재육성. 2011.
- 한국원자력연구원. 원자력분야교육개발. KAERI/RR-3300/2011. 2011.
- 한국원자력산업회의. 원자력연감. 제9편 원자력 인력과 교육. 2011.
- 주용국 외. 중소기업 사내교육 내실화 방안. 중소기업 청/한국직업능력개발원. 2002.
- 과학기술부. 방사선안전 교육모델 및 평가제도 개발에 관한 연구. KAERI/RR-2198/2001. 2002.
- Dhawan S. The systematic approach to training: main phases of the training cycle. http://www.topconsultant. com/articles/The%20Systematic%20Appro ach%20to%20Training.pdf.
- IAEA. Training in radiation protection and the safe use of radiation sources. International Atomic Energy Agency. Safety Reports Series No.20. 2001.
- IAEA. A systematic approach to human performance improvement in nuclear power plants: training solutions. International Atomic Energy Agency. IAEA-TECDOC-1204. 2001.
- Development and Characterization of a Dosimeter Using Tissue-Equivalent Scintillator by Photon-Counting Method vol.23, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5369/JSST.2014.23.1.29