- Volume 49 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Performance assessment of apparatus for controlling algae bloom in aqua pet pank using by a cold plasma
관상어 수족관용 저온 플라즈마방식 녹조억제장치의 성능 평가
- Lee, Kyounghoon (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Jang, Kyu-Sup (Enbion Co.) ;
- Kim, Seonghun (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Park, Seong-Wook (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute)
- Received : 2013.03.06
- Accepted : 2013.04.26
- Published : 2013.05.31
This study was performed to have an effect on control the growth of algae such as "Actinastrum fluviatile" which occurs frequently in the aquaculture tank using by a cold plasma, and it also would be expected to promote the growth of water plants due to active element causing OH radicals in the water. In addition, it was verified on the death rate as 99.9% on the scale protrusion of "Aeromonas hydrophila" as well as E. coli, especially, under extreme conditions more than 100 million pathogenic bacterium in the aqua pet tank, the ornamental fish had to act in a safe and healthy environment at over 98% death rate within 48 hours. It has been proven to give no affect on aerobic bacteria that exist in the filter or soil because there was no residual toxicity in the water tank. As the results, it will help to develop and apply on the sterilization device in other industries as well as aquarium organisms due to adopted energy-saving algorithm and reliability in use.
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- FAO. 2011. International trand of aqua pet fish. http://www.fao.org/fishery/topic/13611/en. Accessed 10 Aug 2011.
- Feitz AJ, Waite TD, Jones GJ and Boyden BH. 1999. Photocatalytic degradation of the blue green algae toxin microcystin-LR in a natural organic-aqueous matrix. Environ Sci Tech 33, 243-249. https://doi.org/10.1021/es970952d
- Han JH, Park WS, Kim JH, Lee YS, Rho JH, Kim YK and Yoon BS. 2000. The development of algae removal system to minimize the damage of algae bloom on freshwater. J Kor Soc Mar Environ Eng 3, 62-69.
- International Aquarium Forum (IAF). 2011. International trand of aqua pet fish. http://intaquaforum.org/index2%20mission.htm. Accessed 10 Aug 2011.
- Kil GS, Choi SK, Park DW, Kim SW and Cheon SG. 2009. Analysis of disinfection performance of UV LEDs for a phytoplankton. J Kor Soc Mar Eng 33, 959-964. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2009.33.6.959
- Kim DY, Jung MM. 2011. A study on development direction for ornamental fish industry in Korea. J Fish Mar Sci Edu 23, 616-626.
- Kim HS, Kim JH and Song JY. 2007. A study on the antimicrobial activity of copper alloy metal fiber in MWF. Theories and Applications of Chem Eng 13, 84-87.
- KMI. 2010. Policy direction to develop as a high value added ornamental fish industry. KMI report, 1-140.
- Lee K, Park SW and Kim HS. 2012. History and Advanced Market Trends of Aqua-Pet Industry in JAPAN. J Fish Mar Sci Edu 24, 44-55.
- Lee YS, Kim Y, Kim KS and Han HG. 2012. Disinfection properties and variation in the ozone concentration in seawater generated using a low-temperature dielectric barrier discharge plasma reactor. J Environ Sci 21, 1181-1186. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.10.1181
- Mok C and Lee T. 2012. Dielectric barrier discharge plasma inactivation of Echerichia coli. Food Eng Progr 16, 33-39.
Wei C, Lin WY, Zainal Z, Williams NE and Zhu K. 1994. Bactericidal activity of
$TiO_2$photocatalyst in aqueous media : Toward a solar-assisted water disinfection system. Environ Sci Tech 28, 934-938. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00054a027