- Volume 25 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study on the Deodorization Performance of Exhaust Filter Unit in a Laboratory Animal Breeding Facility
실험동물 사육실에서의 Exhaust Filter Unit의 악취제거성능에 관한 실험적 연구
- Received : 2012.11.22
- Published : 2013.04.10
In this study, an exhaust filter unit for removing bad smells is designed and manufactured to understand the characteristics, damages, and effects on humans and animals of bad smell substances in laboratory animal breeding facilities. Using the exhaust filter unit, a deodorization performance test using ammonia gas, as a typical bad smell in an animal breeding room, was carried out for three types of activated and impregnated charcoal filters. The experimental results showed that the pressure loss of the HEPA and carbon filter was increased with flow rate and that the average deodorization performance for the case where an impregnated carbon filter was installed was a maximum value of between 93 and 96%, with various fractional flow rates ranging from 1,500 to
Activated charcoal;Laboratory animal breeding facility;Bad smells;Impregnated charcoal;Deodorization performance;Exhaust filter unit
- Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service, The medical care condition of Influenza case 2006-2008.
- Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Korean Influenza Surveillance Report, 2007-2008.
- Shin, S. G. and Song, J. H., 2007, Nano-silver attached Activated Carbon used Removal of Odorous Compound, Proceedings of the Korean Society of Odor Research of Engineering, pp. 71-73.
- Kang, J. H., Hyun, T., and Song, J. H., 2008, Proceedings of the Korean Society of Odor Research of Engineering, Removal Efficiencies of Airborne Bacteria using Granular Activated Carbon Filter, pp. 135-136.
- Nam, S. Y., Kang, B., Ha, Song, J. H., and Han S., 2010, An Experimental Study on the Deodorization Performance Enhancement of the Air Handling Unit using a Nano-Silver Material, Proceedings of the SAREK 2010 Summer Annual Conference, pp. 739-744.
- SAREK:Handbook, 2011, Air-conditioning, Ch. 5, Bioclean Room, Vol. 2, No. 4.
- Cho, J. S., 2005, The Fundamental Architecture and Facility of Laboratory Animal, National Institute of Food and Drug Safety Evaluation.
- National Academies Press, 1998 Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
- Yang, I. H., 2000, Laboratory Animals Air-conditioning.
- Hwang, D. Y., 2007, Laboratory Animal Facility of GLP, Jounal of KARSE, Vol. 6, pp. 41-48.
- Yanai Hirosi 2005, Activated Carbon, Dong Hwa.
- Rodriguez-Reinoso, F., 1989, An Overview of Methods for the Characterization of Activated Carbons, Pure and Appl. Chem., Vol. 61, No. 11, pp. 1859-1866. https://doi.org/10.1351/pac198961111859