- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
On the Minimization of Crosstalk Conflicts in a Destination Based Modified Omega Network
- Bhardwaj, Ved Prakash (Dept. of CSE and ICT, Jaypee University of Information Technology) ;
- Nitin, Nitin (Dept. of CSE and ICT, Jaypee University of Information Technology)
- Received : 2013.03.06
- Accepted : 2013.05.12
- Published : 2013.06.29
In a parallel processing system, Multi-stage Interconnection Networks (MINs) play a vital role in making the network reliable and cost effective. The MIN is an important piece of architecture for a multiprocessor system, and it has a good impact in the field of communication. Optical Multi-stage Interconnection Networks (OMINs) are the advanced version of MINs. The main problem with OMINs is crosstalk. This paper, presents the (1) Destination Based Modified Omega Network (DBMON) and the (2) Destination Based Scheduling Algorithm (DBSA). DBSA does the scheduling for a source and their corresponding destination address for messages transmission and these scheduled addresses are passed through DBMON. Furthermore, the performance of DBMON is compared with the Crosstalk-Free Modified Omega Network (CFMON). CFMON also minimizes the crosstalk in a minimum number of passes. Results show that DBMON is better than CFMON in terms of the average number of passes and execution time. DBSA can transmit all the messages in only two passes from any source to any destination, through DBMON and without crosstalk. This network is the modified form of the original omega network. Crosstalk minimization is the main objective of the proposed algorithm and proposed network.
- Nitin, RajanVaish and Utkarsh Srivastava, "On a Deadlock and Performance Analysis of ALBR and DAR Algorithm on X-Torus Topology by Optimal Utilization of Cross Links and Minimal Lookups," Journal of Supercomputing, 59 (3), DOI: 10.1007/s11227-010-0524-x, 2010, pp.1252-1288. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11227-010-0524-x
- Nitin and Durg Singh Chauhan, "Stochastic Communication for Application Specific Networks-on-Chip," Journal of Supercomputing, 59 (2), DOI: 10.1007/s11227-010-0472-5, 2010, pp.779-810. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11227-010-0472-5
- Nitin, S. Garhwal and N. Srivastava, "Designing a Fault-tolerant Fully-chained Combining Switches Multi-stage Interconnection Network with Disjoint Paths," Journal of Supercomputing, 55 (3), DOI 10.1007/s11227-009-0336-z, 2009, pp.400-431. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11227-009-0336-z
- Nitin and Durg Singh Chauhan, "Comparative Analysis of Traffic Patterns on k-ary n-tree using Adaptive Algorithms based on Burton Normal Form," Journal of Supercomputing, 59 (2), DOI: 10.1007/s11227-010-0454-7, 2010, pp.569-588. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11227-010-0454-7
- Ved Prakash Bhardwaj and Nitin, "A New Fault Tolerant Routing Algorithm for Advance Irregular Augmented Shuffle Exchange Network, Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation," Emmanuel College, Cambridge, UK, March 28-30, 2012, pp.505-509.
- Ved Prakash Bhardwaj and Nitin, "A New Fault Tolerant Routing Algorithm for Advance Irregular Alpha Multistage Interconnection Network," Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, Springer-Verlag, ISSN: 1867-5662, 2012, pp.979-987.
- Ved Prakash Bhardwaj and Nitin, "A New Fault Tolerant Routing Algorithm for IASEN-2," Proceed-ings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Advances in Computing and Communications, Kerala, INDIA, 2012, pp.199-202.
- C.W. Chen, "Design Schemes of Dynamic Rerouting Networks with Destination tag Routing for Tolerating Faults and Preventing Collisions," Journal of Supercomputing, 38, 2006, pp.307-326. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11227-006-8784-1
- S. Kaur, Anantdeep and D. Aggarwal, "Effect of Crosstalk on Permutation in Optical Multistage Interconnection Networks," Journal of Computing, 2 (4), 2010, pp.100-104.
- F. Abed and M. Othman, "Fast Method to Find Conflicts in Optical Multistage Interconnection Net-works," International Journal of The Computer, The Internet and Management, 16 (1), 2008, pp.18-25.
- Ved Prakash Bhardwaj, Nitin and Vipin Tyagi, "An Algorithmic Approach to Minimize the Conflicts in an Optical Multistage Interconnection Network," Communications in Computer and Information Science Series, Springer-Verlag, Vol.191, ISSN: 1865:0929, 2011, pp.568-576. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-22714-1_58
- Ved Prakash Bhardwaj, Nitin and Vipin Tyagi, "Minimizing the Switch and Link Conflicts in an Optical Multi-stage Interconnection Network," International Journal of Computer Science Issues, 8 (4) 1, 2011, pp.206-214.
- Ved Prakash Bhardwaj and Nitin, "Applying Address Selection Algorithm on Nonblocking Optical Multistage Interconnection Network," Proceeding of IEEE World congress on Information and Communication Technologies, 2011, pp.694-698.
- T.D. Shahida, M. Othman and M.K. Abdullah, "Fast Zerox Algorithm for Routing in Optical Multi-stage Interconnection Networks," IIUM Engineering Journal, 11 (1), 2010, pp.28-39.
- M.A. Al-Shabi and M. Othman, "A New Algorithm for Routing and Scheduling in Optical Omega Network," International Journal of The Computer, the Internet and Management, 16 (1), 2008, pp.26-31.
- M. Abdullah, M. Othman and R. Johari, "An Efficient Approach for Message Routing in Optical Omega Network," International Journal of The Computer, the Internet and Management, 14 (1), 2006, pp.50- 60.
- Farzaneh Abed and Mohamed Othman, "Efficient Window Method in Optical Multistage Intercon-nection Networks," Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE International Conference on Telecommunication and Malaysia International Conference on Communications, Penang, Malaysia.
- Sonia Kaur and Neeraj Shukla, "Reducing Crosstalk in an Optical Multistage Interconnection Net-work," International Journal of Computer Applications (0975-8887), 46 (14), 2012, pp.8-13.
- Optimization of High-Speed Train Control Strategy for Traction Energy Saving Using an Improved Genetic Algorithm vol.2014, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/507308