- Volume 26 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Recycling Technology for Aged Aluminum Wire in Overhead Conductor
폐가공송전선 Al선재 재활용 기술개발
- Kim, Shang-Shu (R&D Center Metallink Inc.) ;
- Ku, Jae-Kwan (R&D Center Metallink Inc.) ;
- Lee, Young-Ho (R&D Center Metallink Inc.) ;
- Kim, Byung-Geol (HVDC Research Division, KERI)
- Received : 2013.04.10
- Accepted : 2013.05.12
- Published : 2013.07.01
The new recycling technology for aged aluminum wires in overhead conductor has been carried out. The authors are attempting to develop remanufacturing method for them for more effective way of recycling in stead of its conventional remelting process. The new recycling technology for aged aluminum wire in overhead conductor was composed of four steps in different develop process, destranding process for conductor, surface cleaning process, welding process and drawing process for aluminum wire. This paper investigates the properties during recycle process of aged aluminum wire. The results of microscopic analysis and mechanical properties were discussed to underscore recycling aluminum wire. Various graphs are presented accompanied by discussion about their relevance on the process. In conclusion, we confirmed the possibility of remanufacturing technique by using new process.
Supported by : 환경부
- H. I. Kim and Y. S. Han, The Understand & Using for Aluminum, 272 (2009).
- The Greenhouse Gas Guideline, Ministry of the Environment, Japan (2003).
- T. E. Graedel, J. Electrochem. Soc., 136 (1989).
- IEEE Standard 664-1993, IEEE Guide for Laboratory Measurement of the Power Dissipation Characteristics of Aeolian Vibration Dampers for Single Conductors (New York, 1993).
- M. Iordachescu and D. Iordachescu, J. Materials Processing Technology, 209, 4255
- S. S. Kim, J. K. Ku, Y. H. Lee, and B. G. Kim, J. KIEEME, 26, 415 (2013).
- W. C. Nam, The Handbook of Advanced Aluminum Technology, 892 (1997).
- S. S. Kim, J. K. Ku, Y. H. Lee, and B. G. Kim, J. KIEEME, 26, 482 (2013).
- G. Chen, X. Wang, J. Wang, J. Liu, T. Zhang, and W. Tang, Engineering Failure Analysis, 19, 13, (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2011.09.002