- Volume 26 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Optical Analysis for the 3D Display with a Lenticular Array
렌티큘러 렌즈 기반 3차원 디스플레이 장치의 광학적 해석방법
- Kim, Bong-Sik (School of Electronics Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Kim, Keon-Woo (School of Electronics Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Lee, Kil-Hoon (School of Electronics Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Park, Woo-Sang (School of Electronics Engineering, Inha University)
- Received : 2013.06.05
- Accepted : 2013.06.24
- Published : 2013.07.01
We propose a generic method to calculate the optical functionalities of a 3D display with a lenticular lens array. In the present work, based on the geometrical optics, it is designed considering the specifications of the display panel. For the effective simulation, we first calculate the optical functionalities of a single cylindrical lens and, by comparing with the results obtained from the conventional geometrical optics, confirm the validity of the present method. Afterwards, we obtain the full distribution of the light intensity at an optimum viewing distance by expanding the results of the single lens to the horizontal plane of the display panel. From these results, we finally confirm whether the 3D images are realized or not in the system.
- P. D. Lin and C. Y. Tsai, J. Opt, Soc. Am., 174 (2012).
- A. Miks and P. Novak, J. Opt, Soc. Am., 1356 (2012).
- P. D. Lin and C. Y. Tsai, J. Opt, Soc. Am., 1358 (2012).
- C. V. Berkel, A. R. Franklin, and J. R. Mansell, Design and Applications of Multiview 3D-LCD, Proc. SID Euro. Display 96, 109 (1996).