- Volume 26 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Synthesis and Characterization of Hybrid Azo Colorants for LCD Color Filter
LCD Color Filter용 Hybrid Azo Colorants 합성 및 특성 연구
- Choi, Woo-Geun (Department of Image Science & Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Jeong, Yeon Tae (Department of Image Science & Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2013.06.10
- Accepted : 2013.06.17
- Published : 2013.07.01
We focused on the development of red azo colorants with high thermal stability and good solubility for LCD color filter in this research. For the synthesis of hybrid azo colorants, we used the couplers of aniline, naphthol and benzoimidazol functional group. The synthesized hybrid azo colorants were charaterized by using NMR, UV/visible spectroscopy, FT-IR, EA and TGA. They represented the maximum absorption wavelengths which are longer than 500 nm in UV/visible spectrum. So they were confirmed to be suitable for red colorants of LCD color filter. Azo compound (1a, 1b) with aniline functional group had good solubility in organic solvents such as acetone, methanol, chloroform and PGMEA. Moreover azo compounds (1c, 1d and 1e) with naphthol and benzoimidazolone functional group gave excellent thermal stability higher than
- J. Choi, C. Sakong, J. H. Choi, C. Yoon, and J. P. Kim, Dyes and Pigments, 90, 82 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dyepig.2010.11.006
- R. W. Sabnis, Displays, 26 (1999).
- MMM. Raposo, AMRC Sousa, and AMC Fonseca, G Kirsch-Tetrahedron, 8246 (2005).
- C. Yoon, J. H. Choi, and J. P. Kim, Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 102 (2010).
- Y. W. Ho and I. J. Wang, Dyes and Pigments, 29, 117 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1016/0143-7208(95)00037-G
- EU Patent PCT/EP2009/062300 Azo Dyes, a Process for the Preparation thereof and the Use thereof (2010).
- N. Noroozi-Pesyan, J. Khalafy, and Z. Malekpoor, Prog. Color Colorants Coat., 2, 61 (2009).
- US Patent 4195020 Dichlo-Phenyl-Azo-Aceto acetylamino-Benzimidazolonepigment (1980).
- US Patent 3124565 Water-insoluble Benzimidazolone Monoazo Dye (1964).
- R. L. Shriner and R. C. Fuson, The Systematic Identification of Organic Compounds, 90 (1980).
- C. Sakong, Y. D. Kim, J. H. Choi, C. Yoon, and J. P. Kim, Dyes and Pigments, 166 (2011).
- P. T. Y. Feng and D. Li, Dyes and Pigments, 90, 253 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dyepig.2011.01.007