- Volume 14 Issue 3
Many studies have suggested that the XRCC1 Arg280His gene polymorphism might be involved in the development of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). However, the results have been inconsistent. In this study, the authors performed a meta-analysis to assess the association between XRCC1 Arg280His and HCC susceptibility. Published literature from PubMed, EMBASE and CNKI Data was searched. Pooled odds ratios (ORs) and 95% confidence intervals (CIs) were calculated using fixed- or random-effects models when appropriate. Begg's test was used to measure publication bias. A total of 7 case-control studies covering 1,448 HCC cases and 1,544 controls were included. No significant variation in HCC risk was detected in any of the genetic models overall. In the stratified analysis, four studies with sample sizes over 300 produced similar results. The corresponding pooled ORs were not substantially altered after the exclusion of three studies deviating from Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium in the control group, which indicated reliability for our meta-analysis results.
- Bo WL, Zhang GX, Li DY, et al (2011). Polymorphisms of DNA repair gene XRCCI and susceptibility to hepatic cancer. Modern Oncol, 19, 1724-6 (in Chinese).
- Duan WH, Zhu ZY, Liu JG, et al (2012).XRCC1 Arg399Gln Gene Polymorphism and Hepatocellular Carcinoma Risk in the Chinese Han Population: A Meta-analysis. Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev, 13, 1-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.1.001
- Han X, Xing Q, Li Y, et al (2012).Study on the DNA repair gene XRCC1 and XRCC3 polymorphism in prediction and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma risk. Hepatogastroenterology, 59, 2285-9..
- Hu Z, Ma H, Chen F, et al (2005).XRCC1 polymorphisms and cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 38 case-control studies. Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev, 14, 1810-8. https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-04-0793
- KiranM, Saxena R, ChawlaYK, et al (2009). Polymorphism of DNA repair gene XRCC1 and hepatitis related hepatocellular carcinoma risk in Indian population. Mol Cell Biochem, 327, 7-13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11010-009-0035-3
- Lindahl T, Wood RD (1999).Quality control by DNA repair. Science, 286, 1897-905. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.286.5446.1897
- Niwa Y, Matsuo K, Ito H, et al (2005). Association of XRCC1 Arg399Gln and OGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphisms with the risk of cervical cancer in Japanese subjects. Gynecol Oncol, 99, 43-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2005.05.018
- Parkin DM, Bray F, Ferlay J, et al (2001).Estimating the world cancer burden: GLOBOCAN 2000. Int J Cancer, 94, 153-6. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.1440
- Srivastava A, Srivastava K, Pandey SN, et al (2009). Singlenucleotide polymorphisms of DNA repair genes OGG1 and XRCC1: association with gallbladder cancer in North Indian population. Ann Surg Oncol, 16, 1695 703.
- Tang YT, LI XP, Liu TQ, et al (2011). Genetic polymorphisms of DNA repair genes in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Shandong Med, 51, 19-20 (in Chinese).
- Trikalinos TA, Salanti G, Khoury MJ, et al (2006). Impact of violations and deviations in Hardy Weinberg equilibrium on postulated gene disease associations. Am J Epidemiol, 163, 300-9.
- Wu H, Yang ZG, Xie Y, et al (2009). Correlation between DNA repair gene XRCC1 Arg280His polymorphism and susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma in Fusui county of Guangxi. Chin J Mod Med, 19, 2737-43 (in Chinese).
- Yuan T, Wei J, Luo J, et al (2012). Polymorphisms of baseexcision repair genes hOGG1 326cys and XRCC1 280His increase hepatocellular carcinoma risk. Dig Dis Sci, 57, 2451-7. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10620-012-2192-6
- Zeng XY, Yu HP, Qiu XQ, et al (2010). A case-control study of polymorphism of XRCC1 gene and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma. Chin J Dis Control Prev, 14, 760-3.
- Zhang K, Zhou B, Wang Y, et al (2012). The XRCC1 Arg280His polymorphism contributes to cancer susceptibility: an update by meta-analysis of 53 individual studies. Gene, 510, 93-101. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gene.2012.08.039
- Genetic polymorphisms of XRCC1 gene and susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma in Chinese population vol.31, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12032-014-0887-6