- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Component Analysis of Esophageal Cancer Incidence in Kazakhstan
- Igissinov, S. (Kazakh National Medical University named after SD Asfendiyarov) ;
- Igissinov, N. (Central Asia Cancer Institute) ;
- Moore, M.A. (APJCP Editorial Office) ;
- Kozhakhmetov, S. (Central Asia Cancer Institute) ;
- Igissinova, G. (Kazakh National Medical University named after SD Asfendiyarov) ;
- Sarsenova, S. (Astana Medical University) ;
- Aldiyarova, G. (Astana Medical University) ;
- Bilyalova, Z. (Central Asia Cancer Institute) ;
- Zhabagin, K. (State Medical University of Semey) ;
- Manambayeva, Z. (State Medical University of Semey)
- 발행 : 2013.03.30
Esophageal cancer (EC) incidence rates in Kazakhstan were assessed by component analysis based on primary registered cases in 2001-2010. It was found that despite an apparent general decrease in the number of EC patients in Kazakhstan, a potential increase should be evaluated, due to changes in aging as well as the increase in population. Some problems of EC patients' registration were broached with an emphasis on the importance of the expected absolute number and reasons for undercounting in the country. Based on these, ways of improving the recording and registration of such patients in the country were suggested.
- Bosetti C, Levi F, Ferlay J, et al (2008). Trends in esophageal cancer incidence and mortality in Europe. Int J Cancer, 122, 1118-29.
- Davydov MI, Aksel EM (2009). Cancer statistics in Russia and the CIS in 2007. Journal of NN Blokhin Russian Cancer Research Center RAMS, 20, 158.
- Cancer Epidemiology in the CMEA countries (1979). Under red. AV Chaklin (USSR). Monograph. Moscow, Medicine, 376.
- Dvoyrin VV, Axel EM (1987). Component analysis of cancer incidence: guidelines. Moscow, 11 .
- Fedorenko ZP, Goulak LO, Gorokh YL, et al. (2012). Cancer in Ukraine, 2010-2011: Incidence, mortality, activities of oncological service. Bulletin of National Cancer Registry of Ukraine N 13, 72 pp. Available from: http://www.ucr.gs.com.ua/dovidb0/PDF_E/17-18-pis.pdf, accessed on 20.01.2013.
- Ferlay J, Shin HR, Bray F, et al (2010). GLOBOCAN 2008 v1.2, Cancer Incidence and Mortality Worldwide: IARC CancerBase No. 10 [Internet]. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer; 2010. Available from: http://globocan.iarc.fr, accessed on 20.01.2013.
- Igissinov SI (2012). Some problems of the organization of cancer services in Kazakhstan. Zhandaua, N 1-2 (01), 7-14.
- Igissinov SI, Igissinov NS, Moore MA, et al. (2012a). Epidemiology of esophageal cancer in Kazakhstan. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 833-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.3.833
- Igissinov SI, Igissinov NS, Seytkazina GD. (2012b). Component analysis of the incidence of malignant tumors of the population of Kazakhstan from 1999 to 2010. Oncology Radiology Kazakhstan, 1, 3-8 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13566-012-0013-3
- Krutilina NI (2008). Cancer of the Esophagus: Guidelines. Minsk, 34 .
- Kudryavtsev IY, Balenko O. (2008). Component analysis of cancer incidence in Navoi region. Materials V Congress of Oncologists and Radiologists CIS Tashkent, 21.
- Malkevich VT (2009). Epidemiology of esophageal cancer in the Republic of Belarus. J Oncology, 3, 75-84.
- Moore MA, Aitmurzaeva G, Arsykulov ZA, et al (2009). Chronic disease prevention research in Central Asia, the Urals, Siberia and Mongolia – past, present and future. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 10, 987-96.
- Moore MA,Eser S, Igisinov N, et al (2010). Cancer epidemiology and control in North-Western and Central Asia - past, present and future. Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev, 10 (Asian Epidemiology Suppl), 17-32.
- Nasrollahzadeh D, Kamangar F, Aghcheli K, et al (2008). Opium, tobacco, and alcohol use in relation to oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma in a high-risk area of Iran. Br J Cancer, 98, 1857-63. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6604369
- Poddubnaya IV, Axel E., Kipriyanova NS, et al. (2007). Component analysis of cancer incidence population (Yakutsk, 1990-2003). Siberian J Oncology, 2, 55-63.
- Starinsky VV Poddubnaya IV, Axel E., et al. (2005). Component analysis of malignant tumors of the population of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) in 1989-2001. Russian J Oncology, 1, 38-41.
- Yankin AV (2003). Esophageal cancer: from statistics to diagnostics. Practical Oncology, 4, 61-65. Available from: http://www.practical-oncology.ru/arh014/01.pdf, accessed on 20.01.2013.
- Zambon P, Talamini R, La Vecchia C. et al. (2000). Smoking, type of alcoholic beverage and squamouscell oesophageal cancer in northern Italy. Int J Cancer, 86, 144-49. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0215(20000401)86:1<144::AID-IJC23>3.0.CO;2-B
- Zhao J, He YT, Zheng RS, et al. (2012). Analysis of esophageal cancer time trends in China, 1989-2008. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 4613-7. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.9.4613
- Laryngeal Cancer in Kazakhstan - Ethnic, Age and Gender Differences over Time vol.14, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.7033
- Epidemiological Evaluation of Laryngeal Cancer Incidence in Kazakhstan for The Years 1999-2009 vol.14, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.6.3969
- Overview of Cancer Registration Research in the Asian Pacific from 2008-2013 vol.14, pp.8, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.8.4461
- Prevalence of Esophageal Cancer in the Northern Part of Afghanistan vol.15, pp.24, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.24.10981
- Malignant Tumors of the Central Nervous System in Kazakhstan: Component Analysis of Incidence Dynamics vol.16, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.6.2289