- Volume 14 Issue 6
This study was conducted to provide basic data for improvement of oral health of workers, by investigating oral health behaviors of industrial workers. About sixty percent(60.9%) of subjects experienced in having dental examinations and 54.3% of them didn't receive follow-up treatments after the dental examinations. Also, those who brushed teeth twice per week(58.6%) and averagely, earned 2~3 million won of monthly income(p<.01), showed a higher frequency of tooth brushing. Experienced workers(p<.01) were more interested in oral health. Those who were engaged in other jobs and had less than 10~20 years of experience(p<.05), had lots of experience in staying away from work. More aged group recognized that oral health education is necessary(p<.05). The population of oral examination and health instruction may have a favorable impact on maintenance of oral health status and improvement in quality of life.
Oral health;Oral health behavior;Workers
- R. Ide, T. Mizoue, Y. Tsukiyama, M. Ikeda, T. Yoshimura, "Evaluation of oral health promotion in the workplace: the efforts on dental care costs and frequency of dental visits", Community Dent Oral Epidemiol, Vol.29, No.3, pp.213-219, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0528.2001.290307.x https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0528.2001.290307.x
- S. G. Yang, "A study on the relationship of the form of employment to oral health behavior among some workers in the city of Iksan", Wonkwang University, A Thesis for the degree of master, 2010.
- H. D. Kim, D. H. Koh, B. J. Lee, W. C. Park, H. Riew, H. S. Seo, S. C. Shin, "Reformation on the annual/bi-annual oral examination program for workers: for early detection and early treatment of oral disease", J Korean Ind Dent Health Assoc, Vol.12, No.1, pp.1-15, 2003.
- M. H. Hong, Y. S. Kim, M. A. Jeong, "A study on the oral health care and oral health awareness of some laborers", J Korea Acad Ind Coop Soc, Vol.10, No.9, pp.2545-2550, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.9.2545
- H. J. Kim, S. M. Bae, O. S. Choi, "A Study on oral health status of industrial workers Gumi city", J Dent Hyg Sci, Vol.5, No.4, pp.205-209, 2005.
- J. E. Jang, C. H. Lee, "Dental care utilization patterns and its related factors of industrial workers", J Korean Acad Oral Health, Vol.10, No.5, pp.841-849, 2010.
- H. J. Kim, C. M. Park, K. H. Woo, E. S. Lee, J. R. Lee, E. K. Ha, "A study on oral health status and factors related with oral health among industrial workers", J Korean Public Health Assoc, Vol.28, No.2, pp.158-167, 2002.
- J. E. Sim, S. H. Kim, I. S. Park, S. H. Choi, S. H. Kim, M. J. Kim, "A study on the cognition for the periodontal disease management on the industrial workers", Oral Biol Res, Vol.28, No.3, pp.173-185, 2004.
- H. R. Park, "A study on the status of oral health & oral health attitude of workers in industries", J Dent Hyg Sci, Vol.6, No.3, pp.177-186, 2006.
- Y. H. Kim, "The study on the oral health knowledge and behavior of industrial workers at Ulsan province", J Dent Hyg Sci, Vol.9, No.1, pp.17-23, 2009.
- J. E. Jang, "Survey on the dental health status & dental health behaviors of workers", J Dent Hyg Sci, Vol.12, No.1, pp.55-62, 2012.
- Enforcement regulation of Industrial Safety & Health Act, Article 99, 1995.
- M. D. Macek, G. W. Taylor, S. L. Tomar, "Dental care visits among dentate adults with diabetes, United States, 2003", J Public Health Dent, Vol.68, No.2, pp.102-110, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1752-7325.2007.00064.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1752-7325.2007.00064.x
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan, http://www.mhlw.go.jp/houdou/2006/05/h0508-1a.html, "The National Health and Nutrition Survey in Japan in 2004", Sep 21, 2012.
- T. Oshikohji, Y. Shimazaki, T. Shinagawa, N. Fukui, S. Akifusa, Y. Hirata, Y. Yamashita, "Relationship between receiving a workplace oral health examination including oral health instruction and oral health status in the Japanese adult population", J Occup Health, Vol.53, No.3, pp.222-229, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1539/joh.O10031 https://doi.org/10.1539/joh.O10031
- T. Ichihashi, T. Muto, K. Shibuya, "Cost-benefit analysis of a worksite oral-health promotion program", Industrial Health, Vol.45, No.1, pp.32-36, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2486/indhealth.45.32 https://doi.org/10.2486/indhealth.45.32
- M. J. Kim, "A study on oral health status and oral health behavior practice perceived by workers in part areas", J Korean Acad Oral Health, Vol.12, No.1, pp.201-212, 2012.