- Volume 14 Issue 4
The history of the APOCP/APJCP goes back to 1999 when a number of interested scientists joined together to form the organization and to launch a new journal to support cancer prevention research in the Asian-Pacific area. Since the initial Founding Conference, some six General Assemblies (GAs) and ten Regional Conferences (RCs) and Special Study Sessions have been organized. Already the decisions have been made for two further GAs and at least three RCs. As of the April issue of 2013, a total of nearly 3,700 papers have already been published in regular issues of the APJCP or special supplements. With support of the Korean National Cancer Center, housing the Chief Editorial Office, the journal is now including approximately 100 papers a month. Although it experienced a set-back by reduction in the Impact Factor (IF) from 1.29 in 2010 to 0.67 in 2011, there are good grounds to expect an improvement in 2012. However, the future of the APOCP/APJCP will continue to depend on its membership, making continuous efforts to attend our conferences and submit good quality manuscripts. It is particularly important to cite papers in the APJCP wherever possible, if the wish is for an IF commensurate with our long term aims. In that sense it is up to all authors, since the journal will continue to have a very positive ploicy towards accepting papers from all countries within the Asian-Pacific, with continue to varied levels of resources. The editorial team looks forward to your considered support. The APOCP also hopes to see you in person at future meeetings, so that you have a more active voice in deciding the best way forward in our cooperative enterprise.
APOCP;APJCP;conferences;impact factor;citation policy;membership support
- Baldwin L, Dunn J (2013). Global controversies and advances in skin cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2155-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.4.2155
- Deerasamee S (2000). Asian Pacific Organization for Cancer Prevention (APOCP) Founding Conference-'The APOCP and Regional Collaboration for Cancer Prevention'. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 1, 263-7.
- Moore MA, Yoo KY, Tuncer M, Sobue T (2010). Overview of players and information in the cancer epidemiology and control world in Asia. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 1-10.
- Moore MA (2009). Members responses regarding the future of the APOCP and APJCP. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 10, 181-2.
- Moore MA, Shin HR, Curado MP, Sobue T (2008). Establishment of an Asian Cancer Registry Network-problems and perspectives. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 9, 815-32.