- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Galvanic Corrosion Behavior between Carbon Steel Bolted GECM(Graphite Epoxy Composite Material)/Al plates
탄소강 볼트 체결된 GECM(Graphite Epoxy Composite Material)/Al 판재 간의 갈바닉 부식 거동
- Kim, Youngsik (Materials Research Center for Energy and Green Technology, School of Advanced Materials Engineering, Andong National University) ;
- Park, Sujin (Materials Research Center for Energy and Green Technology, School of Advanced Materials Engineering, Andong National University) ;
- Yoo, Youngran (POMIA (Pohang Institute of Metal Industry Advancement))
- 김영식 (국립안동대학교 신소재공학부 청정에너지소재기술연구센터) ;
- 박수진 (국립안동대학교 신소재공학부 청정에너지소재기술연구센터) ;
- 유영란 ((재)포항금속소재산업진흥원 부식방식연구실)
- Received : 2012.10.23
- Accepted : 2012.12.06
- Published : 2013.02.15
This work focused on galvanic corrosion of carbon steel bolted GECM/Al plates by long-term test in tap water and NaCl solutions. Test product was carbon steel bolted between cross packed GECM and painted aluminium. Tests for the product and coupled parts determined corrosion rate in tap water and NaCl solutions. Also, using a potentiostat and salt water sprayer, galvanic test was done. In galvanic test on carbon steel bolted GECM/Al plates, corrosion of carbon steel bolt was faster in series of tap water>1% NaCl solution>3.5% NaCl solution. In galvanic couple between aluminium and carbon steel bolt, their corrosion rates were higher than those of single specimen. In galvanic couple between GECM, aluminium, and carbon steel bolt, corrosion behaviors of carbon steel bolt and aluminium were changed due to different corrosion mechanism in tap water and chloride solution.
- Y. R. Yoo, Y. I. Son, S. T. Shim, Y. H. Kwon, and Y. S. Kim, Corros. Sci. Tech., 8, 27 (2009).
- Y. S. Kim, H. K. Lim, Y. L. Sohn, Y. R. Yoo, and H. Y. Chang, Corros. Sci. Tech., 9, 39 (2010).
- Y. S. Kim, H. K. Lim, Y. I. Son, Y. R. Yoo, and H. Y. Chang, Kor. J. Met. Mater., 48, 514 (2010).
- Y. Kim, S. Park, and Y. Yoo, Corros. Sci. Tech., 11, 232 (2012). https://doi.org/10.14773/cst.2012.11.6.232
- D. M. Aylor and J. N. Murray, The Effect of a Seawater Environment on the Galvanic Corrosion Behavior of Graphite/Epoxy Composites Coupled to Metals, CDNSWCSME-92-32, Carderock Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Bethesda, MD (1992).
- G. Mantong and X. Changgan, Contact corrosion between carbon fiber reinforced composite materials and highstrength metals, NAIC-ID(RS)T-0413-95, National Air Intelligence Center(China) (1995).
- S. D. Thompson, B. L. White, and J. A. Snide, Accelerated Corrosion Testing of Graphite/Epoxy Composites and Aluminum Alloy Mechanically - Fastened Joints, AFWALTR-84-3115 (1985).
- D. M. Aylor and J. N. Murray, The Effect of a Seawater Environment on the Galvanic Corrosion Behavior of Graphite/Epoxy Composites Coupled to Metals, , AD-A256 072 (1992).
- F. Bellucci, A. Di Martino, and C. Liberti, J. Appl. Electrochem., 16, 15 (1986). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01015979
- F. Lu, Q. P. Zhong, and C. X. Cao, Acta Metall. Sin., 16, 41 (2003).
- F. Lu, X. Zhang, Z. Tang, Q. Zhong, and C. Cao, Mater. Process, 4, 16 (2004).
- F. Bellucci, Corrosion, 47, 808 (1991). https://doi.org/10.5006/1.3585192
- F. Bellucci, Corrosion, 48, 281 (1992). https://doi.org/10.5006/1.3315934