- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study of maintenance behavior based on the experience of the tooth brushing instruction for implant patient
임플란트 환자의 잇솔질 교육경험에 따른 유지관리행태 연구
- Received : 2013.03.20
- Accepted : 2013.06.05
- Published : 2013.06.30
Objectives : This study aims to provide the basic data for the maintenance and management of healthy implants through finding out the educational experience of toothbrushing and the oral hygiene management for the implant patients and to determine the maintenance measure. Methods : From April 1 to october 1, 2012, 250 patients in the dental clinic in Daejeon completed the self-reported questionnaire. Results : As for the educational experience of toothbrushing, 66.4 percent received the training for toothbrushing and 33.6 percent had not received the training for toothbrushing. Those who brushed three times a day accounted for 74.1 percent. Those who received the training for toothbrushing comprised 56.0 percent and took regular check up of every 6 months. Approximately 50.0% received regular scaling service every 6 months. Periodical medical check up comprised 55.6% among those who received toothbrushing education. Approximately 63.9% thought that periodical medical check up is the most important to maintain oral health. Conclusions : There were important factors for oral health. They were tooth-brushing, the utilization of various oral hygienic products, and the awareness of importance of oral hygiene management. The customized education program for the general public should be implemented as regular as possible.
implant;maintenance behavior;tooth brushing instruction
- Kim MR, Kang NR, Koo Y, Kim BY, Kim SJ, Kim SH et al. The newest Implant Dentistry. 3rd ed. Seoul: Narae Publisher; 2009:3-11.
- Korean Dental Hygienists Association.The Korean Academy Of Oral & Maxillofficial Implantology. Implant Dentistry. Seoul: Narae Publisher; 2006: 68.
- Kim SK, Kim YK, Moon SY, Kang HS, Kwon HM, Kim JS et al. Implants for dental hygienists Studies. Seoul: Komoonsa; 2009:3-4.
- Jeon WJ, Kim SK, Ha JW, Kim MS. Around the implants inflammation. J Oral Surgery 2003; 29: 257.
- Kim SK, Na TH. Implant Maintenance. Dental Clinical 2005; 1:76-85.
- Park HR. Awareness of the patient's implant surgery dental implant consultation and maintenance survey. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2007; 7: 176-7.
- Albrektsson T, Zarb G, Worthington P, Eriksson AR. The long-term efficacy of currently used dental implants: A review of proposed criteria of success. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 1986; 1; 11-25.
- Lee MY. A study on the Influencing for the Bone Ioss of the dental implant. [Master's Thesis]. Cheonan: Univ. of Dankook, 2008.
- Kim Young Sun, Oh Mi Jung. The effect of following oral health care on implant patients. J Dent Hygiene science 2009; 9(5):491-6.
- Jung MO, Kang BS, Lee KS, Hwang TY. Usage patterns of oral care products of dental patients. J Med 2007; 24: 320-8.
- Shin CH. Study implant treatment of patients with loss of teeth parts satisfaction. [Master's Thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Yonsei, 2004.
- Truhlar RS, Morris HF, Ochi S. The efficacy of a counter-rotational powered tooth brush in the maintenance of endosseous dental implants. J Am Dent Assoc 2000; 131: 101-07. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2000.0028
- Lee MJ, Han GS, Choi JS. Patient's functional satisfaction of dental implant treatment J Dent Hyg Sci 2008; 8(2): 97-101.
- Choi HS, Gu IY, Yu EM. A study on implant awareness and attitude to oral hygiene care : The case of dental consumers in seoul and gyeonggi province. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 12(1):37-45.
- Jang BS. The prevention and treatment of inflammation around the implant. J Korean Dent Assoc 2001; 39: 825.
- Study on the Correlation between Dental Implant Patients' Oral Hygiene Behaviors and Satisfaction vol.16, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.1.576