- Volume 37 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Numerical Analysis of Waves coming with Oblique Angle to Submerged Breakwater on the Porous Seabed
침투층 위의 잠제에 경사각을 가지고 입사하는 파랑의 수치해석
- Kim, Nam-Hyeong (Department of Civil Engineering/Marine & Environmental Research Institute, Jeju National University) ;
- Woo, Su-Min (Department of Civil Engineering/Marine & Environmental Research Institute, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2013.03.22
- Accepted : 2013.06.13
- Published : 2013.06.30
Wave profiles coming with oblique angle to trapezoidal submerged breakwater on the porous seabed are computed numerically by using a boundary element method. The analysis method is based on the wave pressure function with the continuity in the analytical region including fluid and structure. When compared with the existing results on the oblique incident wave, the results of this study show good agreement. The fluctuation of wave profiles is increased in the rear of the submerged breakwater due to the increase of the transmission coefficient, as the incident angle increases. In addition, in the case of the wave profiles passing over the submerged breakwater on porous seabed, it is able to verify that the attenuation of wave height occurs more significantly due to the wave energy dissipation than that of passing over the submerged breakwater on the impermeable seabed. The results indicate that wave profile own high dependability regarding the change of oblique incident waves and porous seabed. Therefore, the results of this study are estimated to be applied as an accurate numerical analysis referring to oblique incident waves and porous seabed in real sea environment.
- Bai, K, J. (1975) "Diffraction of oblique waves by an infinite cylinder", Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 68, Part 3, pp. 513-535. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112075001802
- Chen, K.H., Chen, J.T., Chou., C.R., and Yueh, C.Y. (2002) "Dual boundary element analysis of oblique incident wave passing a thin submerged breakwater", Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, Vol. 26, pp. 917-928. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0955-7997(02)00035-8
- Cruz, E.C. M. Isobe. and A. Watanabe. (1997) "Boussinesq equation for wave transformation on porous beds", Coastal Engineering, Vol, 30, pp. 125-156. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-3839(96)00039-7
- Dean, G.R. and Dalrymple, R.A. (1984) "Water Wave Mechanics for Engineers and Scientists", Prentice-Hall, Inc., New Jersey.
- Garrison, C. J. (1969) "On the interaction of an infinite shallow draft cylinder oscillating at the free surface with a train of oblique waves", Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 39, Part 2, pp. 227-255. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112069002138
- Ijima T. and Sasaki T. (1971) "Theoretical sutdy on the effect of a submerged breakwater", Proceedings 18th Japanese Conference on Coastal Engineering, JSCE, pp. 141-147 (in Japanese).
- Ijima, T, Yoshida A, Kitayama, H. (1982) "Numerical Analysis on the Reflection Effect of Submerged Breakwater for Oblique Incident Wave", Proceedings 29th Japanese Conference on Coastal Engineering, JSCE, pp. 418-422 (in Japanese).
- Kim, N. H. and Woo, S. M. (2012) "The Boundary Element Analysis of Waves coming with Oblique Angle to a Submerged Breakwater", journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, KSCE, Vol. 32, No. 5B, pp, 295-300 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2012.32.5B.295
- Kim, N. H., Young, Y. L., Yang, S. B., and Park, K. I. (2006) "Wave damping analysis in a porous sea-bed. Journal of Civil Engineering", KSCE, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 305-310. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02830083
- Kim, N.H.(1995) "Analysis of the Wave Characteristics of Parallel Submerged Porous Breakwaters by Boundary Element Method", journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, KSCE, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 425-431 (in Korean).
- Kirby, J. T. and Dalrymple, R. A. (1983) "Pro pagation of obliquely incident water waves over a trench", Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 133, pp. 47-63. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112083001780
- Liu, P.L.-F. and Darymple, R.A. (1984) "The Damping of gravity water-waves due to percolation", Costal Engineering, Vol. 8, pp. 33-49. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-3839(84)90021-8
- Reid, R.O. and Kajiura, K. (1957) "On the damping of gravity waves over a permeable sea bed", Transactions - American Geophysical Union, Vol. 38, No. 5, pp. 662-666. https://doi.org/10.1029/TR038i005p00662
- Takikawa, K. and Kim, N. H. (1992) An analytical technique for permeable breakwaters using boundary element method. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 299-305. https://doi.org/10.1016/0955-7997(92)90143-U