- Volume 27 Issue 1
Case Report of Primary Carcinosarcoma of the Gallbladder
담낭의 암육종 1예 보고
- Jo, Hyang Jeong (Department of Pathology, Kunsan Medical Center) ;
- Moon, Hyung Bae (Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2013.02.01
- Accepted : 2013.02.20
- Published : 2013.02.25
Carcinosarcoma of gallbladder is a rare malignant tumor characterized by malignant epithelial and malignant mesenchymal components. Its pathogenesis is unknown and most of carcinosarcomas of gallbladder are associated with poor survival because the disease presents at an advanced stage. A 69-year-old man presented with right upper quadrant pain. The preoperative diagnosis was gallbladder cancer, and thus, curative radical cholecystectomy was performed. Pathologic examination of the surgical specimen revealed that the tumor was composed of carcinomatous components with adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, and sarcomatous components with spindle cell sarcoma and chondrosarcoma, which was consistent with a diagnosis of primary carcinosarcoma of the gallbladder. The tumor was found to extend to the pericholecystic fat and no metastasis in regional lymph nodes.
Supported by : 원광대학교
- Baillie, J. Tumors of the gallbladder and bile ducts. J Clin Gastroenterol. 29: 14-21, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004836-199907000-00006
- Kim, H.H., Hur, Y.H., Jeong, E.H., Park, E.K., Koh, Y.S., Kim, J.C., Kim, H.J., Kim, J.W., Cho, C.K. Carcinosarcoma of the gallbladder: report of two cases. Surg Today. 42: 670-675, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00595-012-0160-6
- Park, S.B., Kim, Y.H., Rho, H.L., Chae, G.B., Hong, S.K. Primary carcinosarcoma of the gallbladder. J Korean Surg Soc. 82: 54-58, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4174/jkss.2012.82.1.54
- Kim, M.J., Yu, E., Ro, J.Y. Sarcomatoid carcinoma of the gallbladder with a rhabdoid tumor component. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 127: 406-408, 2003.
- Jonson, A.L., Bliss, R.L., Truskinovsky, A., Judson, P., Argenta, P., Carson, L., Dusenbery, K., Downs, L.S. Jr. Clinical features and outcomes of uterine and ovarian carcinosarcoma. Gynecol Oncol. 100: 561-564, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2005.09.017
- Batsakis, J.G., Suarez, P. Sarcomatoid carcinomas of the upper aerodigestive tracts. Adv Anat Pathol. 7: 282-293, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1097/00125480-200007050-00002
- Huguet, K.L., Hughes, C.B., Hewitt, W.R. Gallbladder carcinosarcoma: a case report and literature review. J Gastrointest Surg. 9: 818-821, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gassur.2004.12.009
- Okabayashi, T., Sun, Z.L., Montgomey, R.A., Hanazaki, K. Surgical outcome of carcinosarcoma of the gall bladder: a review. World J Gastroenterol. 15: 4877-4882, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.15.4877
- Uzun, M.A., Koksal, N., Gunerhan, Y., Celik, A., Gunes, P. Carcinosarcoma of the gallbladder: report of a case. Surg Today. 39: 168-171, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00595-008-3805-8
- Nishihara, K., Tsuneyoshi, M. Undifferentiated spindle cell carcinoma of the gallbladder: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and flow cytometric study of 11 cases. Hum Pathol. 24: 1298-1305, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0046-8177(93)90263-G
- Guo, K.J., Yamaguchi, K., Enjoji, M. Undifferentiated carcinoma of the gallbladder. A clinicopathologic, histochemical, and immunohistochemical study of 21 patients with a poor prognosis. Cancer. 61: 1872-1879, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-0142(19880501)61:9<1872::AID-CNCR2820610925>3.0.CO;2-Q
- Liu, K.H., Yeh, T.S., Hwang, T.L., Jan, Y.Y., Chen, M.F. Surgical management of gallbladder sarcomatoid carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 15: 1876-1879, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.15.1876
- Lumsden, A.B., Mitchell, W.E., Vohman, M.D. Carcinosarcoma of the gallbladder: a case report and review of the literature. Am Surg. 54: 492-494, 1988.
- Hotta, T., Tanimura, H., Yokoyama, S., Ura, K., Yamaue, H. So-called carcinosarcoma of the gallbladder; spindle cell carcinoma of the gallbladder: report of a case. Surg Today. 32: 462-467, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1007/s005950200077