- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Benefit of the Drinking Water Supply System in Office Building by Rainwater Harvesting: A Demo Project in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Dao, Anh-Dzung (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Nguyen, Viet-Anh (Institute of Environmental Science and Engineering, Hanoi University of Civil Engineering) ;
- Han, Mooyoung (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2012.11.02
- Accepted : 2013.05.21
- Published : 2013.06.28
Vietnam is a developing country with the rate around 5%-6% per year, especially in urban areas. Rapidly developed urban areas lead to stress for infrastructure and the water supply is also stressed. In Hanoi city, total water capacity from the manufactories is around one million cubic meters per day and almost the entire main water source is groundwater but it is not enough to supply all of Hanoi's people, especially in the summer. A demo project is implemented in Hanoi University of Civil Engineering (HUCE) to produce drinking water by using the rainwater and membrane system and supply for people. In this project, rainwater is collected on the rooftop of the lecture building with an area of around
Drinking water;Rainwater harvesting;Rainwater tank;Water supply
- Mun JS, Yoo HG, Han MY. Particle removal in a rainwater storage tank, and suggestions for operation & design. J. Korean Soc. Water Wastewater 2007;21:131-138.
- Stickney CP, Weil RL, Schipper K, Francis J. Financial accounting: an introduction to concepts, methods, and uses. Mason: South-Western Cengage Learning; 2010.
- Newnan DG, Lavelle JP, Eschenbach T. Essentials of engineering economic analysis. 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press; 2002.
- Rahman A, Keane J, Imteaz MA. Rainwater harvesting in Greater Sydney: water savings, reliability and economic benefits. Resour. Conserv. Recycl. 2012;61:16-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2011.12.002