- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on the Reduction of Forging Oxide Scale using Hydrogen
단조 산화스케일로부터 철계분말 제조 기술개발 연구
- Lee, Dong-Won (Powder Technology Research Group, Korea Institute of Materials Science (KIMS)) ;
- Yun, Jung-Yeul (Powder Technology Research Group, Korea Institute of Materials Science (KIMS)) ;
- Shin, Shun-Myung (Extractive Metallurgy Group, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM)) ;
- Kim, In-Soo (Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Wang, Jei-Pil (Department of Metallurgical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2013.01.30
- Accepted : 2013.06.20
- Published : 2013.06.28
The study on the fabrication of iron powder from forging scales using hydrogen gas has been conducted on the effect of hydrogen partial pressure, temperature, and reactive time. The mechanism for the reduction of iron oxides was proposed with various steps, and it was found that reduction pattern might be different depending on temperature. The iron content in the scale and reduction ratio of oxygen were both increased with increasing reactive time at 0.1atm of hydrogen partial pressure. On the other hand, for over 30 minutes at 0.5 atm of hydrogen partial pressure, the values were found to be almost same. In the long run, iron metallic powder was obtained with over 90% of iron content and an average size of its powder was observed to be about
Grant : 용융환원법을 이용한 저품위 전략금속(REE, V, Mo) 광물의 융복합 제련 기반기술 개발
Supported by : 한국지질자원연구원
- D. Wagner, O. Devisme, F. Patisson and D. Ablitzer: Sohn International Symposium, San Deigo, (2006) 111.
- H. Rau: J. Chem. Thermodynamics, 4 (1972) 57. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9614(72)80008-9
- O. Kubascheweski and J.A. Catterall: Thermochemical Data of Alloys, Pergamon Press, London and New York (1956).
- H. Baolin, Z. Haiying, L. Hongzhing and Z. Qingshan: Chin. J. Chem. Eng., 20(1) (2012) 10. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1004-9541(12)60357-7
- W. K. Jozwiak, E. Kaczmarek, T.P. Maniecki, W. Ignaczak and W. Maniukiewicz: Appl. Catal. A: Gen., 326 (2007) 17. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcata.2007.03.021
- P. G. Coombs and Z. A. Munir: J. Mater. Sci., 25 (1990) 343. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00544229
- M. V. C. Sastri, R. P. Viswanath and B. Viswanathan: Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 7(12) (1982) 951. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3199(82)90163-X
- H. Y. Lin, Y.-W. Chen and C. Li: Therm. Acta., 400 (2003) 61. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0040-6031(02)00478-1
- S. T. Oh and W. S. Lee: J. Kor. Powd. Metall. Inst., 19(6) (2013) 446 (Korean).
- D. R. Lide: Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, CRC Press, New York (2006).