- Volume 33 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Examination of Availability of Whole Crop Silage TMR for Late Fattening Hanwoo Steers in the Cattle
비육후기 거세한우 용 사료작물 사일리지 TMR의 소 체내 이용성 조사
- Jugder, Shinekhuu (Animal Breeding and Biotechnology Department, Mongolian State University of Agriculture) ;
- Choi, Seong Ho (Department of Animal Science, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Jeong Ju (Department of Animal Science, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Gyeong Geun (Department of Animal Science, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Sang Suk (Department of Animal Resources, Sunchon National University) ;
- Song, Man Kang (Department of Animal Science, Chungbuk National University)
- 최성호 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 축산학과) ;
- 이정주 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 축산학과) ;
- 이경근 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 축산학과) ;
- 이상석 (순천대학교 생명산업과학대학 동물자원학과) ;
- 송만강 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 축산학과)
- Received : 2013.05.22
- Accepted : 2013.05.30
- Published : 2013.06.30
The present study was conducted with three ruminally cannulated non-lactating Holstein cattle in a
Supported by : 농림수산식품기술기획평가원
- Yoon, S.G. and Kazuo, A. 2000. Effect of maturing stages on chemical composition for feed and in vitro dry matter digestibility of triticale. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 20:227-232.
- Yoon, S.K., Park, T.I., Seo, J.H., Kim, K.H., Song, T.H., Park, K.H. and Han, O.K. 2009. Effect of harvest time and cultivars and forage yield and quality of whole crop barley. Journal of The Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 29:121-128. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2009.29.2.121
- Chung, K.W., Cho, I.H., Whang, B,S. and Lee, S.H. 2009. Effects of feeding total mixed rations containing different winter forage crop silages on feed intake, nutrient digestibility and blood characteristics in Korean black goats. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 29:389-398. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2009.29.4.389
- Duncan, D.B. 1955. Multiple range and multiple F tests. Biometrics. 11:1-42. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001478
- Fawcett, J.K. and Scott, J.E. 1960. A rapid and precise method for the determination of urea. Journal Clinical. Pathology. 13:156-163. https://doi.org/10.1136/jcp.13.2.156
- Harrison, J.H. and Blauwiekel, R. 1994. Ferment- ation and utilization of grass silage. Journal of Dairy Science. 77:3209-3235. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(94)77264-7
- Jin, K.L., Kim, J.K., Qin, Wei-zw, Chung, J., Chang, S.S., Sohn, Y.S., Choi, C.W. and Song, M.K. 2012. Effect of feeding whole crop barley silage- or whole crop rye silage based-TMR and duration of TMR feeding on growth, feed cost and meat characteristics of Hamwoo steers. Journal of Animal Science Technology. 54:111-124. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2012.54.2.111
- Kellems, R.O., Jones, R., Andrus, D. and Wallentine, M.V. 1991. Effect of moisture in total mixed rations on feed consumption and milk production and composition in Holstein cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 74:929-932. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(91)78242-8
- Kim, K.H., Kim, K.S., Lee, S.C., Oh, Y.K., Chung, C.S. and Kim, K.J. 2003. Effect of total mixed rations on ruminal characteristics, digestibility and beef production of Hanwoo steers. Journal of Animal Science and Technology. 45:387-396. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2003.45.3.387
- Lee, D.Y., Ko, J.Y., Choi, N.J., Lee, S.S., Song, J.Y., Lee, S.Y., Park, S.H., Sung, H.K. and Ha, J.K. 2003. Effects of type of TMR on rumen fermentation characteristics and nutrient digestibility in sheep. Journal of Animal Science and Technology. 45:805-812. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2003.45.5.805
- Orskov, E.R. and McDonald, I. 1979. The estimation of Protein degradability in the rumen from incubation measurements weighted according to rate of passage. Journal of Agricultural Science (Camb.). 92:499-506. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0021859600063048
- Qin, W.Z., Jin, G.L., Kim, J.K., Oh, Y.K., Lee, S.C. and Song, M.K. 2010. Estimation of availability of whole crop barley and Rye Silage TMR in the Cattle. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage. 30:343-354. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2010.30.4.343
- SAS. 2002. SAS Procedures Guide release 9.0 SAS institute Inc., Cary, NC. U.S.
- Seo, S., Kim, W.H., Kim, K.Y., Choi, K.J., Ji, H.C., Lee, S.H., Lee, K.W. and Kim, M.J. 2011. Forage productivity and quality of domestic Italian ryegrass and barley varieties. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 31:261-268. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2011.31.3.261
- Shinekhuu, J., Jin, K.L., Ji, B.J., Li, X. Z., Oh, Y.K., Hong, S.K. and Song, M.K. 2009. Protein fractionation of whole crop silages, and effect of borate-phosphate buffer extraction on in vitro fermentation characteristics, gas production and degradation. Journal of Animal Science and Technology. 51:369-378. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2009.51.5.369
- Van Soest, P.J., Robertson, J.B. and Lewis, B.A. 1991. Methods for fiber, neutral detergent fiber, and non starch polysaccharide in relation to animal nutrition. Journal of Dairy Science. 74: 3583-3597. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(91)78551-2
- AOAC. 1991. Official Methods of Analysis(15th ed.). Association of Official Analycal Chemists, Washington, D.C.
- Charlot, G. 1964. Calorimetric determination of elements. Principles and methods. Elsvier Publishing Co.
- Cho, W.M., Cho, Y.M., Hong, S.K., Chung, E.S., Lee, J.M. and Yoon, S.K. 2000. Effect of feeding whole crop barley silage on growth performance, feed efficiency and meat quality in Hanwoo steers. Journal of Animal Science and Technology. 42:181-188.