- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Film Performance by Physical Properties of Gelatin(Glue) in Dancheong
젤라틴(아교)의 물성에 따른 단청 도막의 성능비교 연구
- Park, Ji Hye (C&T Inc. and Gyeongdam Conservation Lab.) ;
- Jeong, Seon Hye (Institute of Preventive conservation for Cultural Property, Korea National University of Cultural Heritage) ;
- Kim, Ik Joo (C&T Inc. and Gyeongdam Conservation Lab.) ;
- Chung, Yong Jae (Dept. of Conservation Science, Korean National University of Cultural Heritage)
- Received : 2013.01.13
- Accepted : 2013.03.12
- Published : 2013.03.20
This study aims to investigate the film performance by physical properties of glue and gelatin in traditional paint(Dancheong). To do this, homemade, commercial glue and gelatin was selected and evaluated water reaction and weatherproof. The result, the highest gel strength, gelatin was better than acrylic acid ester resin, when compared with hygroscopic property and adhesive property. And that was better than in any others, when compared with water-proofing.
- Gwak, D.H. and Kim, D.H., 2002, The Korean Danchung. Hakyeun Co., Seoul. (in Korean)
- Han, K.S. and Shin, S.J., 2007, Effect of vehicle resin on coating performance of Dan-Chung. The Korean Society of Wood Science & Technology, 35, 44-50. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Han, S.S. and Jang, K.I., 1993, Danchung, Bosunggak, Seoul. (in Korean)
- John, S. and Raymond, W., 1999, Oils and fats; The organic chemistry of museum object. Butterworths Heinemann, 321.
- Kawanobe, W. and Oh, J.S., 2005, Influence of mechanical properties of painting layers and priming methods to weathering resistance of Danchung. Journal of Conservation Science, 17, 19-32. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Korea Institute of Science and Technology, 1973, A study of development Dancheong paint for cultural heritage buildings. 15-16. (in Korean)
- KS M ISO 6572, 2006, Glue and Gelatin.
- KS M ISO 9665, 2010, Adhesive - Glue and Gelatin.
- Lee, G.B., Yang, J.B. and Yu, J.H., 2011, Food Chemistry. Yuhan Co., Seoul, 426. (in Korean)
- National Science Museum, 2009, Research on Restoration of Manufacturing Mechanism of Korean Traditional Glue "Gatpul" and Development of Adhesives for Danchung. 64. (in Korean)
- Seo, S.H., 2007, A Study on Pigments Binder - The durability of Lead Red and Glue.Acrylic. Master's Thesis, Kyonggi University, Seoul. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Yamawuchi, A., 2007, A Study on Glue. Bulkyomisulsahak, 5, 633-646.
- Analysis of animal glue by pyrolysis/GC/MS vol.28, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5806/AST.2015.28.3.221