- Volume 45 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A STUDY ON THE INITIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF DOMESTIC SPENT NUCLEAR FUELS FOR LONG TERM DRY STORAGE
- Kim, Juseong (Hanyang University) ;
- Yoon, Hakkyu (KEPCO Nuclear Fuel) ;
- Kook, Donghak (Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Yongsoo (Hanyang University)
- Received : 2012.11.26
- Accepted : 2013.01.31
- Published : 2013.06.25
During the last three decades, South Korean nuclear power plants have discharged about 5,950 tons of spent fuel and the maximum burn-up reached 55 GWd/MTU in 2002. This study was performed to support the development of Korean dry spent fuel storage alternatives. First, we chose V5H-
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, "Nuclear fuel failure analysis of Kori 2- cycle 16," KAERI/2003.
- J.P. Mardon, D. Charquet and J. Senevat, "Influence of composition and fabrication process on out-of-pile and in-pile properties of M5 Alloy," ASTM STP 1354, pp. 505-524.
- International Atomic Energy Agency, "Analysis of differences in fuel safety criteria for WWER and western PWR nuclear power plants ," IAEA-TECDOC-1381, IAEA, Vienna (2003)
- Nuclear Energy Agency Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, "Nuclear Fuel Safety Criteria Technical Review (Second edition)," 2012, NEA No.72, ISBN 978-92-64-99178-1.
- A. Machiels and J. Rashid, "Spent Fuel Transportation Applications-Assessment of Cladding Performance: A Synthesis Report," EPRI 1015048, Palo Alto, CA: 2007.
- International Atomic Energy Agency, "Operation and Maintenance of Spent Fuel Storage and Transportation Casks/Container," IAEA-TECDOC-1532, IAEA, Vienna (2007).
- Nuclear Waste Technical Review Board (NWTRB), "Evaluation of the Technical Basis for Extended Dry Storage and Transportation of Used Nuclear Fuel," December 2010.
- K. Shigemune, T. Fujimoto, H. Matsuo, T. Matsuoka, D. Ishiko," Demonstration Test Program for Long-term Dry storage of PWR Spent Fuel," international Seminar on Spent Fuel Storage (ISSF), November 15-17, 2010, Tokyo, Japan.
- Heuijoo Choi, Dongkeun Cho, Donghak Kook and Jongwon Choi, "Current status of spent fuels and the development of computer programs for the PWR spent fuel management in Korea," Progress in Nuclear Energy, (2011) 1-8.
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), "Standard review plan for dry cask storage systems," NUREG-1536 revision 1A, 2010.
- M. A. McKinnon, R.E. Einziger, D.L. Baldwin, S.G. Pitman, "Data Needs for Long-Term Dry Storage of LWR Fuel," EPRI, Palo Alto, CA: 1998, TR-108757.
- Dongkeun Cho, Seokkyun Yoon, Heuijoo Choi, Jongwon Choi and Wonil Ko, "Reference Spent Nuclear Fuel for Pyroprocessing Facility Design," J. of the Korean Radioactive Waste Society, Vol. 6(3), 225-232, 2008.
- G.A. Berna, C.E. Beyer, K.L. Davis, D.D. Lanning," FRAPCON-3: A Computer Code for the Calculation of Steady-state, Thermal-Mechanical Behavior of Oxide Fuel Rods for High Burnup, vol. 2," NUREG/CR-6534, October 1997.
- F. Garzarolli, D. Jorde, R. Manzel, G. W. Parry, and P. G. Smerd, "Review of PWR Fuel Rod Waterside Corrosion Behavior," EPRI NP-1472, Interim Report, EPRI, Palo Alto, 1980.
- D.L. Chapin, C. Maury, M. Claeys, M.Q. Gutierrez, "Optimized Zirlo Qualification Program for EDF Reactors," Proceedings of Top Fuel 2009 Paris, France, September 6-10, 2009, Paper 2040.
- Y.S. Yang, D.H. Kim, S.K. Kim, J.G. Bang, K.W. Song, H.M. Kwon, H.S. Seo, H.K. Lee, Y.B. Jeon, D.K. Min, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, "Non-destructive PIE results of K23-M04 and P05 rod," KAERI/TR-3427/2007.