- Volume 23 Issue 1
Randomized Controlled Clinical Trials in the Journal of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine : A Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis(1)
한방재활의학과학회지에 수록된 무작위대조임상연구의 양적, 질적 분석(1)
- Lee, Hyeon-Yeop (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Pu-San National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Heo, Kwang-Ho (School of Korean Medicine, Pu-San National University) ;
- Cho, Hyun-Woo (School of Korean Medicine, Pu-San National University) ;
- Hwang, Eui-Hyoung (School of Korean Medicine, Pu-San National University) ;
- Shin, Mi-Suk (School of Korean Medicine, Pu-San National University) ;
- Shin, Byung-Cheul (School of Korean Medicine, Pu-San National University)
- 이현엽 (부산대학교한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 허광호 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원) ;
- 조현우 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원) ;
- 황의형 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원) ;
- 신미숙 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원) ;
- 신병철 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원)
- Published : 2013.01.31
Objectives : The aim of this study is to assess the quantity and quality of randomized controlled clinical trials(RCTs) published in the journal of oriental rehabilitation medicine(JORM). Methods : After searching RCTs from all the articles published in the JORM from the inception(1991) to Oct, 2012, quantity assessment were made on the study design, sample size, main intervention, intervention versus control design and medical condition. Quality assessment were made on the cochrane risk of bias(RoB) check list. Assessment was performed by 2 independent reviewers and disagreement was discussed based on concensus of all authors. Results : Among the 1013 articles, total 59 RCTs were published. First RCT was published in 1994. 49 RCTs were parallel 2-arm designed. Average sample size was 35.1 per study and 16.3 per arm. The most common medical condition is musculoskeletal disease(30.5%). Quality from cochrane RoB was generally low. Conclusions : Though RCTs published in JORM were increasing, the quality remains low. Researchers should make a effort to follow the RoB checklists and improve the quantity and quality of studies.
- Swanson JA, Schmitz D, Chung KC. How to practice evidence-based medicine. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 2010;126:286-94.
- Sackett DL, Rosenberg WM, Gray JA, Haynes RB, Richardson WS. Evidence Based Medicine: what it is and what it isn't. BMJ. 1996;312 :71-2. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.312.7023.71
- 백용현, 박동석, 강성길. 침의 근거중심적 연구 동향에 관한 고찰. 대한침구학회지. 2002;19(3) :138-55.
- Harald O. Stolberg, Geoffrey Norman, Isabelle Trop. Randomized Controlled Trials. AJR. 2004; 183(6):1539-44. https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.183.6.01831539
- Juni P, Altman DG, Egger M. Systematic reviews in health care: Assessing the quality of controlled clinical trials. BMJ(Clinical research ed). 2001; 323(7303):42-6. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.323.7303.42
- Julian P T Higgins, Douglas G Altman, Peter C Gøotzsche, Peter Juuni, David Moher, Andrew D Oxman, Jelena Savovic, Kenneth F Schulz, Laura Weeks. The Cochrane Collaboration's tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials. BMJ. 2011;343:d5928. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.d5928
- Schulz KF, Altman DG, Moher D. CONSORT 2010 statement: updated guidelines for reporting parallel group randomised trials. BMC medicine. 2010;8(1):18. https://doi.org/10.1186/1741-7015-8-18
- MacPherson H, Altman DG, Hammerschlag R, Youping L, Taixiang W, White A, Moher D. Revised STandards for Reporting Interventions in Clinical Trials of Acupuncture (STRICTA): Extending the CONSORT Statement. Acupuncture in Medicine. 2010;28:83-93. https://doi.org/10.1136/aim.2009.001370
- Higgins JPT, Green S. Chapter 8: Assessing risk of bias in included studies. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. Chichester: Wiley -Blackwell. 2011.
- 권동현, 남종경, 정민규, 김호준, 이명종. 한방 재활의학과학회지에 수록된 무작위대조시험 연구의 양적, 질적 평가. 한방재활의학과학회지. 2010;20(4):91-103.
- 이윤재, 장보형, 고호연, 현민경, 박선영, 이창훈, 김진성, 조기호. 한의학 관련 무작위배정 비교임상연구의 비뚤림 위험 평가. 대한한방부인과학회지. 2011;24(4):105-13.
- Streitberger K, Kleinhenz J. Introducing a placebo needle into acupuncture research. The Lancet. 1998;352(9125):364-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(97)10471-8
- J Park, A White, H Lee, E Ernst. Development of a new sham needle. Acupuncture in medicine. 1999;17:110-2. https://doi.org/10.1136/aim.17.2.110
- Fink M, Gutenbrunner C, Rollnik J, Karst M. Credibility of a Newly Designed Placebo Needle for Clinical Trials in Acupuncture Research. Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd. 2001;8:368-72. https://doi.org/10.1159/000057254
- 보건복지가족부. 2011년 한방 의료 이용 실태 조사. 2012.
- 박동훈, 백순구. 무작위 비교연구의 설계와 진행. 대한간학회지. 2006;12(3):309-14.
- Pildal J, Hrobjartsson A, Jorgensen KJ, Hilden J, Altman DG, Gotzsche PC. Impact of allocation concealment on conclusions drawn from metaanalyses of randomized trials. International Journal of Epidemiology. 2007;36:847-57. https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dym087
- 권영달, 이상규, 이정우, 정순관, 김동은, 최선미. 만성 요통에 대한 침치료의 단기 효과에 관한 연구: 무작위 대조군 연구. 한방재활의학과학회지. 2007;17(2):123-32.
- 박정현, 이명종, 김호준, 홍선우, 이동기, 유재욱, 최선미, 문진석, 임지연, 이정복. 비만 환 자에서 한방 비만 변증에 따른 방풍통성산과 방기황기탕의 치료효과 및 부작용 비교: 무작위 배정, 이중 맹검, 위약-대조군 임상시험. 한방재활의학과학회지. 2011;21(2):265-78.