- Volume 24 Issue 3
Influence of Food Wastewater Loading Rate on the Reactor Performance and Stability in the Thermophilic Aerobic Process
음폐수 부하량에 따른 고온호기성 공정의 처리 양상
- Jang, Hyun Min (School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology) ;
- Choi, Suk Soon (Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering, Semyung University) ;
- Ha, Jeong Hyub (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology) ;
- Park, Jong Moon (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology)
- Published : 2013.06.10
In this study, the feasibility of a single-stage thermophilic aerobic process for the treatment of high-strength food wastewater produced from the recycling process of food wastes was examined to substitute anaerobic digestion process. Also, the removal and stability of thermophilic aerobic process were assessed according to the changes of hydraulic retention times (HRTs) and organic loading rates (OLRs). When the OLR increased from 9.2 to
thermophilic aerobic digestion;food wastewater;organic loading rate (OLR);organic acid;lipid
- Korea Ministry of Environment (KME), Seoul, South Korea (2011).
- D. H. Kim, H. S. Shim, and S. E. Oh, J. KSWM., 25, 716 (2008).
- S. K. Han, H. K. Yun, J. H. Kim, D. H. Ahn, and J. Y. Kim, J. KSWM., 27, 719 (2010).
- S. Liu, N. Zhu, and L. Y. Li, Bioresource Technol., 104, 266 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2011.11.041
- USEPA, Report EPA/625/10-90/007, Washington DC, USA (1990).
- APHA, Standard Methods for the Examination of water and Wastewater, 20th ed., American Public Health Association (APHA), Washington DC, USA (1998).
- O. H. Lowry, N. J. Rosebrough, A. L. Farr, and R. J. Randall, J. Biol. Chem., 193, 265 (1951).
- M. DuBois, K. A. Gilles, J. K. Hamilton, P. A. Rebers, and F. Smith, Anal. Chem., 28, 350 (1956). https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60111a017
- E. G. Bligh and W. J. Dyer, Can. J. Biochem. Physiology., 37, 911 (1959). https://doi.org/10.1139/o59-099
- H. G. Kim, D. S. Lee, H. N. Jang, and T. H. Jung, J. KORRA., 18, 50 (2010).
- R. Rahman, T. C. Leow, A. B. Salleh, and M. Basri, BMC Microbiology, 7, 77 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2180-7-77
- M. Krzywonos, E. Cibis, M. Lasik, J. Nowak, and T. Miskiewicz, Bioresource Technol., 100, 2507 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2008.12.008