- Volume 24 Issue 3
A Study on Nano-emulsion for Enhanced Transdermal Delivery of Hippophae rhamnoides Leaf Extract
비타민나무 잎 추출물의 피부 흡수 증진을 위한 나노에멀젼 연구
- Chae, Kyo Young (Department of Fine Chemistry, Nanobiocosmetic Laboratory and Cosmetic R&D Center, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kwon, Soon Sik (Department of Fine Chemistry, Nanobiocosmetic Laboratory and Cosmetic R&D Center, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Park, Soo Nam (Department of Fine Chemistry, Nanobiocosmetic Laboratory and Cosmetic R&D Center, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- 채교영 (서울과학기술대학교 정밀화학과 나노바이오화장품연구실 화장품종합기술연구소) ;
- 권순식 (서울과학기술대학교 정밀화학과 나노바이오화장품연구실 화장품종합기술연구소) ;
- 박수남 (서울과학기술대학교 정밀화학과 나노바이오화장품연구실 화장품종합기술연구소)
- Published : 2013.06.10
In this study, nano-emulsions containing 0.01, 0.03, 0.05, and 0.10% ethyl acetate fraction of Hippophae rhamnoides (H. rhamnoides) leaf extracts were prepared. The particle size, particle size distribution and skin permeability of the nano-emulsions were evaluated for five weeks. Nano-emulsion was prepared by the sequential use of homogenizer and microfluidizer. Nano-emulsion containing the ethyl acetate fraction exhibited a monodispersed form. Nano-emulsion containing 0.03% ethyl acetate fraction was the most stable for five weeks. The in vitro skin permeation study of nano-emulsion containing 0.03% ethyl acetate fraction was carried out using Franz diffusion cell. The nano-emulsion showed a better skin permeability than that of O/W emulsion. These results indicate that the nano-emulsion containing the ethyl acetate fraction of H. rhamnoides leaf extract showed a remarkable stability and skin permeability than that of O/W emulsion.
Hippophae rhamnoides leaf;nano-emulsion;transdermal delivery;Franz diffusion cell
- T. Tadros, P. Izduierdo, J. Esquena, and C. Solans, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci., 180, 303 (2004).
- A. Forgiarini, J. Esquena, J. Gonzalez, and C. Solans, Prog. Colloid Polym. Sci., 115, 36 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-46545-6_8
- J. M. Gutierrez, C. Gonzalez, A. Maestro, I. Sole, C. M. Pey, and J. Nolla, Curr. Opin. Colloid Interface Sci., 13, 245 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cocis.2008.01.005
- B. R. Won, M. K. Kang, and S. N. Park, J. Soc. Cosmet. Scientists Korea, 35, 79 (2009).
- H. S. Jeong, J. Y. Yoo, H. S. Lee, J. H. Seo, and W. B. Ko, KIC News, 12, 1 (2009).
- K. M. Kim, M. H. Park, K. H. Kim, S. H. Im, Y. H. Park, and Y. N. Kim, J. Appl. Boil. Chem., 52, 58 (2009). https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2009.011
- A. S. Chauhan, P. S. Negi, and R. S. Fitoterapia, 78, 590 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fitote.2007.06.004
- Y. Padwad, L. Ganju, and M. Jain, Int Immunopharmacol, 6, 46 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intimp.2005.07.015
- T. Y. G. Tiffany, C. Stefan, and H. Arnie, J. Food. Sci., 70, 514 (2005).
- J. S. Kim, C. Y. Yu, and M. J. Kim, J. Plant Biotechnol., 37, 47 (2010). https://doi.org/10.5010/JPB.2010.37.1.047
- J. E. Kim, K. Y. Chae, and S. N. Park, J. Soc. Cosmet. Scientists Korea, 37, 265 (2011).
- S. S. Baik, J. Soc. Cosmet. Scientists Korea, 19, 127 (1993).
- W. G. Cho, J. Kor. Oil Chem. Soc., 69, 410 (2007).
- M. S. Lim, M. A. Park, and S. N. Park, Appl. Chem. Eng., 23, 222 (2012).
- B. Godin and E. Touitou, Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews., 59, 1152 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addr.2007.07.004
- A. Gupta, R. Kumar, K. Pal, P. K. Banerjee, and R. C. Sawhney, The Int. J. of Low. Extremity Wounds., 4, 88 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1177/1534734605277401
- Y. Zu, C. Li, Y. Fu, and C. Zhao, J. Pharmaceut. Biomed. Anal., 41, 714 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpba.2005.04.052
- W. G. Cho, J. Korean Oil Chemists Soc., 37, 97 (2011).
- K. Y. Kyong and C. K. Lee, J. Soc. Cosmet. Scientists Korea, 32, 214 (2006).
- W. G. Cho, J. Soc. Cosmet. Scientists Korea, 37, 1 (2011).