- Volume 24 Issue 1
Effect of Halogen-phosphours Flame Retardant Content on Properties of Rigid Polyurethane Foam
인-할로겐계 난연제가 경질폴리우레탄 폼의 물성에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Chang Bum (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kyonggi University) ;
- Kim, Sang Bum (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kyonggi University)
- Published : 2013.02.10
In this study, the effect of halogen-phosphorus flame retardant on the flame retardancy and the mechanical properties of the rigid polyurethane foam (PUF) were studied. The reduced compressive strength and glass transition temperature of PUF decreased as contents of the flame retardant increased. After aging, the reduced compressive strength and glass transition temperature of PUF increased due to the reaction of unreacted isocyanate. The cell morphology effect of these flame retardants was also investigated using scanning electron microscope. The results of TCEP added to PUF showed an unstable and uneven cell morphology, leading to the increase of in thermal conductivity. The flame retardancy of vacuum aged PUF decreased compared to that of fresh PUF.
flame retardant;polyurethane foam;thermal conductivity;TCEP;TCPP
- P. A. Atkinson, P. J. Haines, G. A. Skinner, and T. J Lever, J. Therm. Anal. Calorim., 59, 395 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1010129206206
- Y. H. Song, D. M. Ha, and G. S. Jung, Journal of Korean Institute of Fire Scinece & Engineering, 20, 185 (2006).
- Y. G. Gang and J. H. Song, Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Safety, 18, 63 (2009).
- A. R. Horrocks and D. Prince, Fire Retardant Materials, CRC, New York (2001)
- G. L. Nelsion, American Chemical Society, Washington, DC. (1990).
- M. Lewis, S. M. Altas, and E. M. Pearce, Plenum Press, New York (1975).
- G. U. Kim, Fiber technology and industry, 11, 598 (2007).
- G. Oertel, Polyurethane Handbook, Hanser Publishers, New York. (1985).
- A. Fina, H. C. L. Abbenhuis, D. Tabuani, and G. Camino, Polymer Degradation and Stability, 91, 2275 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2006.04.014
- A. P. Mouritz, Z. Mathys, and A. G. Gibson, Composites Part A : Applied Science and Manufacturing, 37, 1040 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesa.2005.01.030
- Y. K. Kong and D. H. Lee, Journal of Korean Institute of Fire Science & Engineering, 17, 117 (2003).
- Y. J. Chung, Journal of Korean Institute of Fire Scinece & Engineering, 20, 110 (2006).
- M. Modesti, L. Zanella, A. Lorenzetti, R. Bertani, and M. Gleria, Polymer degradation and stability, 87, 2872 (2005).
- H. Kown, S. B Kim, and Y. C. Kim, Polymer (Korea), 29, 457 (2005).
- Y. H. Choi and W. K. Lee, Journal of the Korean Industrial and Engineering, 20, 459 (2009).
- J. H. Lee, J. H. Nam, and J. D. Nam, Polymer (Korea), 27, 569 (2003).
- P. Cong, S. Chen, and J. Yu, Construction & Building Materials, 24, 2554 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2010.05.022