- Volume 24 Issue 1
Physicochemical Characteristics of Carrot Glycoprotein
당근 당단백질의 물리화학적 특성
- Lee, Mi-Jin (CNABiotech., Co., Ltd.) ;
- Jang, Boo-Sik (CNABiotech., Co., Ltd.) ;
- Jeong, Noh-Hee (Department of Engineering Chemistry, Chungbuk University)
- Published : 2013.02.10
This study was performed to investigate the physicochemical characteristics of glycoprotein extracted from carrot. We manufactured glycoprotein using natural vegetable raw materials carrots, and then analyzed it's physicochemical properties. The results showed that the nutritional composition of carrot glycoprotein (CG) consisted of 2.35% carbohydrate and 94.2% glycoprotein. There were small amounts of hydroxyproline and glycine known as characteristics of collagen peptide in the amino acid of CG, but there were large amount of glutamic acid and aspartic acid involved in the metabolism of glucose and fat. The calories of CG was 342.1 kcal/100 g and the molecular weight appeared less than 594 Da average molecular weight distribution.
glycoprotein;collagen;collagen peptide;amino acid;molecular weight
- J. I. Shin, C. W. Ahn, H. S. Nam, H. J. Lee, and T. H. Moon, Kor. J. Food Sic. Technol., 27, 230 (1995).
- S. C. Ahn, B. Y. Kim, W. K. Oh, M. S. Lee, E. Y. Bae, D. W. Kang, and J. S. Ahn, Kor. J. Pharmacogn., 33, 144 (2002).
- K. Shatoshi and M. Masashi, Fragrance J., 7, 48 (1997).
- D. Lamport and D. H. Northcote, J. Nat., 188, 665 (1960).
- J. L. Dint, J. S. Hsu, M. M. Wang, and J. T. Txen, J. Agr. Food Chem., 50, 2920 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1021/jf010845+
- Y. Kimura, C. Miyagi, M. Kimura, M. Nitoda, and N. S. Kawai, Biosci. Biotech. Biochem., 64, 2109 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.64.2109
- R. I. Hirsch and A. Kellner, J. Exp. Med., 104, 15 (1996).
- S. Y. Wong, G. R. Guilj, T. W. Rademacher, and R. A. Dwek, Glycoconjugate J., 10, 227 (1993).
- K. T. Lim, K. S. Heo, and Y. O. Son, Food Sci. Biotechnol., 11, 484 (2002).
- V. E. Ooi and F. Liu, Curr. Med. Chem., 7, 715 (2000). https://doi.org/10.2174/0929867003374705
- J. H. Ko, S. J. Lee, and K. T. Lim, Toxicol. in Vitro., 19, 353 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tiv.2004.10.006
- W. G. Cho, K. Y. Kyung, and S. M. Yu, J. Korean Soc. Appl. Biol. Chem., 26, 191 (2009).
- K .T. Lim, S. J. Lee, J. H. Ko, and P. S. Oh, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., 37, 624 (2005).
- D. T. A. Lamport, J. Biol. Chem., 238, 1438 (1963).
- M. J. Lee, Ph. D. Dissertation, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea (2012).
- KFDA, Food Code, Seoul (2011).
- KFDA, Establishment of analysis method for the amino acids permitted as food additives such as L-glutamate, Seoul (2004).
- L. L. Konermann and D. J. Douglas, J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 9, 1248 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1044-0305(98)00103-2
- J. A. Serup and C. W. Winther, ACTA DERM-VENEREOL, 69, 457 (1989).
- S. H. Jang, A. Jang, K. J. Kim, and Y. H. Cheon, Anima. Sci. Technol., 45, 319 (2003). https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2003.45.2.319
- K. Y. Shin, C. W. Park, and C. H. Lee, Korean J. Dermatol, 38, 183 (2000).