- Volume 24 Issue 1
Physicochemical Characteristics of Collagen Peptide from Flatfish Skin
각시가자미 껍질로부터 콜라겐 펩타이드 제조 및 이화학적 특성
- Jang, Boo-Sik (CNA Biotech., Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Mi-Jin (CNA Biotech., Co., Ltd.) ;
- Jeong, Noh-Hee (Department of Engineering Chemistry, Chungbuk University) ;
- Kim, Tae-Young (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungbuk Provincial College)
- Published : 2013.02.10
In this research, the collagen peptide powder from flatfish skin (FSCP) was prepared and compared with commercial collagen peptide powder from tilapia scale (TSCP) in the aspect of physiochemical property. The physical property and nutritional components of FSCP appeared almost similarly to those of TSCP, and also in calorie. No differences in calorie between FSCP and TSCP. Amino acid contents of FSCP for example, aspartic acid, serine, histidine, tyrosine and methionine were higher than those of TSCP. In contrast, the hydroxyproline, proline, alanine contents in FSCP were lower than those in TSCP. Especially, the content of essential amino acid of FSCP, which was 22.74%, was higher than that of TSCP evaluated as 13.64%. In the distribution of molecular weight, FSCP was 1000 Da, which showed a comparatively low distribution compared with TSCP, and in emulsion property and stability both FSCP and TSCP showed an excellent trend.
collagen;collagen peptide;flatefish;amino acid;emulsion property
- KFDA, Establishment of analysis method for the amino acids permitted as food additives such as L-glutamate (2004).
- L. Konermann and L. Douglas, J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom., 9, 1248 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1044-0305(98)00103-2
- J. I. Shin, C. W. Ahn, H. S. Nam, H. J. Lee, and T. H. Moon, J. Korean Food Sci. Technol., 27, 230 (1995).
- A. Shimada, I. Yamamoto, H. Sase, Y. Yamazaki, S. Watanabe, and S. Ariai, Agirc. Biol. Chem., 48, 2681 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.48.2681
- Z. Hagues and E. Kinsella, J. Food Sci., 54, 39 (1988).
- J. C. Wang and J. E. Kinella, J. Food Sci., 41, 286 (1976). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1976.tb00602.x
- H. C. Thompson and N. H. Thompson, Comp. Biol. Physiol., 27, 127 (1968). https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-406X(68)90759-7
- A. Asghar and R. L. Henrickson, Advance in Food Research, Chichester C.O.(ed)., Academic Press, New York, 28, 231 (1982).
- H. Aoki, O. Taneyama, and M. Inami, J. Food Sci., 45, 535 (1980).
- D. D. Crenwelge, C. W. Dill, P. T. Tybor, and W. A. Landmann, J. Food Sci., 39, 175 (1974). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1974.tb01016.x
- M. Yoshikawa, Food Processing, 23, 39 (1988).
- A. K. Piez, Encyclopedia of polymer science and engineering, Collagen, in : J.I Koroschwitz (ED.), New York, 699 (1985).
- T. Miyata, Fragrance Journal, 17, 90 (1989).
- R. Jeyanthi, B. Nagarayan, and K. P. Rao, J. Pharm. Phamacol., 43, 60 (1991). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2042-7158.1991.tb05453.x
- S. K. Kim, The Fisheries world, 8, 79 (1992).
- M. Sadowska, I. Kolodziejska, and C. Niecikowska, Food Chem., 81, 257 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(02)00420-X
- S. K. Kim, O. J. Kang, and D. C. Kwak, J. Korean Agric. Chem. Soc., 36, 163(1993).
- P. Kittiphattanabawon, S. Benjakul, W. Visessanguan, T. Nagai, and T. Munehiko, Food Chem., 89, 363 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2004.02.042
- J. H. Muyonga, C. G. B. Cole, K. G. Duodu, Food Chem., 85, 81(2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2003.06.006
- K. Yoshimura, M. Terashima, D. Hozan, and K. Shirai, J. Agric. Food Chem., 48, 685 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1021/jf990389d
- T. Nagai and N. Suzuki, Food Chem., 76, 277 (2000).
- I. Kolodziejska, Z. E. Sikorski, and C. Niecikowska, Food Chem., 66, 153 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(98)00251-9
- J. W. Woo, C. I. Ji, and S. M. Jo, J. Korean Fish Soc., 41, 427 (2008).
- The Korean Fisheries and Aquatic Science, Korean Fisheries Yearbook (1996).
- J. S. Kom, J. G. Kim, S. Y. Cho, J. H. Ha, and E. H. Lee, J. Korean Agric. Chem. Soc., 36, 290 (1993).
- M. J. Lee and N. H. Jeong, J. Korean Oil Chemists' Soc., 26, 248 (2009).
- M. J. Lee and N. H. Jeong, J. Korean Oil Chemists' Soc., 26, 457 (2009).
- Korea Food Industry Association, The Food Code (2003).