- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Noise Characteristics and Appropriate Talk Distance in Dental Clinic
치과병원의 소음특성과 적절한 대화거리
- Ji, Dong-Ha (Department of Environmental Division, Daejeon Health Sciences College) ;
- Choi, Mi-Suk (Department of Dental Hygiene, Cho-Dang University)
- Received : 2013.02.07
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
Noise occurred when medical treatment in dental clinic will affect the patients. This study was measured the noise level and frequency in case of medical examination and also has evaluated the degree of indoor noise using the NR-curve, NRN and a distance to conversation between worker and patients using the PSIL. It shows that noise level was 69.3~81.5dB(A) and frequency was very high (more than 4K(Hz)) and analysis by NR-curve showed that it was exceed the noise permit level and distance to conversation was less than 1meter by PSIL. To remedy a fear of noise in patients and provide a conversational satisfaction, it's considered that choosing the low noise-vib. equipment, using the masking effect and set the room to explain. So It is possible to improve their competitiveness.
Competitiveness;Conversational Satisfaction;Noise Characteristics
Supported by : 대전보건대학교
- Jeong IR, et al., "New Noise and Vibration". Shinkwang, Inc, pp44-49, 2001.
- Kim KW, et al., "Workers'fear of dental treatment and other factors". J Korean Acad Dental Hygiene Education Vol. 10, No. 1, 2010.
- Lee HS, et al,. "Impact of Resourcefulness and Communication Style on Nursing Performance in Hospital Nurses". J Korean Acad Fundam Nurs Vol.19, No .2, pp.253-260, May, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.2.253
- Kim MS, et al., "Patient's Perceptions of Health Professionals' Unkind Behavior". J of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 22,. No.4, pp. 422-443, 2012.
- Lee JH et al., "A study on the relationship between patient's medical communication, reliance and satisfaction to dental hygienist".J Korean Soc Dent. Hyg, Vol 12, No 5, pp. 1017-1027, 2012. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.5.1017
- Kim JM, "The Health Effects of Industrial Noise". J of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. special feature pp.131-137, 2007.
- Ji DH, et al., "Characteristics of Noise Radiated at Dental Clinic". Environ. Eng. Vol 31, No 12, pp. 1123-1128, 2009.