- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Pyrolysis Carbon Black Modified Asphalt Binder for Fatigue and Low Temperature Crack
열분해 카본블랙을 이용한 아스팔트 바인더의 피로 및 저온 성능 평가
- Lee, Dong-Hang (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Kwan-Ho (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2013.03.11
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
Carbon black from pyrolysis of waste tires was used to modify and improve the fatigue properties and low temperature cracking of asphalt binder. 0%, 5%, 10%, 15% and 20% of pyrolyzed carbon black was mixed. Couple of laboratory tests, such as dynamic shear rheometer test and bending beam rheometer test, were carried out. The use of pyrolyzed carbon black decreased the fatigue at room temperature and improved the resistance of low temperature cracking up to
Carbon Black;Fatigue;Modified Asphalt Binder;Pyrolysis;Waste Tire
- Lee, Y. (2013), "A Study of Modified Asphalt Binder with Pyrolyzed Carbon Black from Waste Tires", Master Thesis, Kongju National University.
- Kim, S., Ha, M. (2008), "Complex Process Technology of Cogeneration Thermal Decomosition for Recycling Treatment of Waste Tires", The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Conference, pp. 1990-1995
- Kim, S. (2009), "Influence of a Flexibilizer on Physical Properties of Crumb Rubber Modified Asphalt Sealants", Korean Society of Roadway Engineers, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 32-40
- Livingston, J. (1989), "Carbon Black Additive in Asphalt Experimental Project No. 3, WA-84-04", Washington State Department of Transportation, WA-RD 198.1.
- National Institute of Environmental Research (2011), "Guideline of Eco-Friendly Mnagement for Waste Tires", pp. 209