- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Parametric Study on Determining Upper Length of Nonhomogeneous Pile installed in Clay
점토지반에 설치된 불균질말뚝의 상부길이 결정을 위한 매개변수 연구
- Lee, Seung-Hyun (Department of Civil Engineering, Sunmoon University)
- 이승현 (선문대학교 토목공학과)
- Received : 2013.02.26
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
Parametric studies on nonhomogeneous pile and homogeneous pile installed in clay were performed through the developed technique to investigate the effects of considered factors on the lateral pile behaviors. Values of the parameters with embedment depths of the two piles having different flexural rigidity show that values of the parameters for more rigid pile were greater than those for smaller one. Parameters for the case of the nonhomogeneous pile were converged to the same ones of the homogeneous pile as nodal point moves away from point of material boundary. In order to determine adequate upper length of the nonhomogeneous pile, changing patterns of the parameters, lateral displacement, member forces and so forth should be compared.
Parametric study;Nonhomogeneous pile;Flexural rigidity;Point of material boundary;Upper pile length of nonhomogeneous pile
- Thompson, G. R. Application of the Finite element method to the development of p-y curves for saturated clays, Thesis, Master of Science in Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1977.
- Kooijman, A. P., "Comparison of an elastoplastic quasi three-dimensional model for laterally loaded piles with field tests", Proceedings, Third International Symposium, Numerical Models in Geomechanics, Elsevier Applied Science, New York, pp. 675-682, 1989.
- Yegian, M., and Wright, S. G., "Lateral soil resistance- Displacement relationships for pile foundations in soft clays", Proceedings, Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, TX, Paper No. 1893, pp. 663-676, 1973. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4043/1893-MS https://doi.org/10.4043/1893-MS
- Brown, D. A., Shie, C. F., and Kumar, M., "p-y curves for laterally loaded piles derived from three-dimensional finite element model", Proceedings, Third International Symposium, Numerical Models in Geomechanics, May, Elsevier Applied Science, New York, pp. 683-690, 1989.
- Reese, L. C., Cox, W. R., and Koch, F. D., "Field testing and analysis of laterally loaded piles in stiff clay",, Proceedings, VII Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, TX, Vol. 2, Paper No. 2312, pp. 672-690, 1975. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4043/2312-MS https://doi.org/10.4043/2312-MS
- Reese, L. C., and Welch, R. C., "Lateral loading of deep foundations in stiff clay", Proceeding, ASCE, Vol. 101, No. GT7, February, pp. 633-649, 1975.
- Matlock, H., "Correlations for design of laterally loaded piles in soft clay", Proceedings, Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, Texas, Paper No. 1204, pp. 577-594, 1970. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4043/1204-MS https://doi.org/10.4043/1204-MS
- Reese, L. C., Isenhower, W. M., and Wang, S. T., Shallow and deep foundations. John Wiley & Sons Inc., pp. 430-435, 2006.
- JASPP, Steel Pipe Pile, Japanese Association for Steel Pipe Piles, 1987.
- T. J. Hwang, "Analysis of Composite Pile Behavior under Lateral Loadings", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 1396-1404, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.3.1396 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.3.1396
- Ishida et al., "Static Horizontal Loading Test of Steel and Concrete Composite Pile Group", Summaries of Technical Papers of Annual Meeting Architectural Institute of Japan, Architectural Institute of Japan, pp.591-598, 2002.
- Lee, S. H., Kim, B. I., "Development and Evaluation of Technique for Analyzing Laterally Loaded Piles", Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 32, No. 2C, pp. 79-84, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2012.16.1.079 https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2012.16.1.079
- Vesic, A. S., "Bending of beams on isotropic elastic solids", Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE, Vol. 87, Paper No. EN2, April, pp. 35-63, 1961.