- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Improvement of Routing Performance for Wireless Mesh Networks
무선 메시 네트워크의 라우팅 성능 개선 연구
- Kim, Ho-Cheal (School of Information Technology, Ulsan College)
- 김호철 (울산과학대학교 컴퓨터정보학부)
- Received : 2013.04.09
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
WMN is considered as a core methodology to provide mobile wireless network service with multi-hop routing feature. It has a merit that can be easily deployed by utilization of protocols for MANET. However, it has differences in supporting multiple networks and channels, network architecture, and so on. Especially, in case of routing protocols, to apply them intactly to WMN can be a cause of low performance because of do not moving mesh routers. AODV seems like suitable for WMN among the various routing protocols for MANET. However, it has a defect in scalability. In this paper, an enhanced AODV routing method for WMN was proposed. The proposed method was designed to be suitable to the architecture of WMN by use of layering and localizing the broadcasting domain.
Supported by : 울산과학대학교
- Mieso K. Denko, Hua Lu, "AN AODV-Based Clustering and Routing Scheme for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks", Ad hoc networking, pp. 83-97, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-34738-7_7 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-34738-7_7
- Nicklas Beijar, "Zone Routing Protocol (ZRP)", International Journal of , vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 48-51, 1999.
- Geetha Jayakumar, G. Gopinath, "Ad hoc Mobile Wireless Networks Routing Protocols - A Review", Journal of Computer Science, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 574-582, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3844/jcssp.2007.574.582 https://doi.org/10.3844/jcssp.2007.574.582
- Sonia Waharte, Raouf Boutaba, Youssef Iraqi, Brent Ishibashi, "Routing protocols in wireless mesh networks: challenges and design considerations", Multimedia Tools and Applications, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 285-303, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11042-006-0012-8 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-006-0012-8
- Saleh Ali K.Al-Omari, Putra Sumari, "An Overview of Mobile Ad Hoc Networks for The Existing Protocols and Applications", Journal on Applications of Graph Theory in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks and Sensor Networks, vol.2, no. 1, March 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5121/jgraphhoc.2010.2107 https://doi.org/10.5121/jgraphhoc.2010.2107
- C. Perkins and E. Belding-Royer, "Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing", IETF RFC 3561, July 2003.
- Ian F. Akyildiz, Xudong Wang, Weilin Wang, "Wireless mesh networks: a survey", ELSEVIER Computer Networks, pp. 445-487, January, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2004.12.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2004.12.001
- V. C. Gungor, E. Natalizio, P. Pace, S. Avallone, "Challenges and Issues in Designing Architectures and Protocols for Wireless Mesh Networks", Wireless Mesh Networks: Architectures and Protocols, pp. 1-21, November 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-68839-8_1 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-68839-8_1
- M Conti, G Maselli, G Turi, S Giordano, "Cross-layering in mobile ad hoc network design", Computer, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 48-51, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MC.2004.1266295 https://doi.org/10.1109/MC.2004.1266295
- Vinicius C M Borges, Marilia Curado, Edmundo Monteiro, "Cross-layer routing metrics for mesh networks: Current status and research directions", Computer Communications, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 681-703, May 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2010.12.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2010.12.001
- Sanjit Biswas, Robert Morris, "Opportunistic routing in multi-hop wireless networks", ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 69-74, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/972374.972387 https://doi.org/10.1145/972374.972387
- Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer, "Multi-Level Hierarchies for Scalable Ad hoc Routing", Wireless Networks, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 461-478, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1024688116418 https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1024688116418