- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Personal Information Control and Security in Printed Matter
출력물에서의 개인 정보 제어 및 보안에 관한 연구
- Baek, Jong-Kyung (Department of Computing, Graduate School of Soongsil University) ;
- Park, Jea-Pyo (Information Science Graduate School of Soongsil University)
- Received : 2013.03.04
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
Widespread personal data utilization has led personal data protection to its importance at core, and serious data spill has increased constantly as a result. Though various types of protection systems for data spill have been suggested, all these met failures in detection of personal data when printed out or preventing fatal data exposure without any protections when data spill happens. I propose API-Hook method which detects and controls personal data within printouts, and prevents data leakage through masking on the printed-out data. Also, it is verified if security is guaranteed on the documents containing personal data when implementing. In order to obtain security, it is essential to put more weights on the balance with availability than confidentiality.
Personal Information;Print Security;String Mask
- Y. C. Baek, et, al., "The Internet and personal information protection act", Korean Studies Information, 2012.
- Feng Yuan, "Windows Graphics Programming : Win32 GDI and DirectDraw", Hewlett-Packard Professional Books, 2001.
- S. J. Kim, "The Status and Perspect of Personal Information Protection Technology", The Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, vol. 27 no. 12 pp.10-18, 2009
- Y. S. Seo, et al., "A Study on Digital Fingerprinting Technology for the Copyright Protection of the Image Contents Printout", The Korea Contents Association, vol. 4 no. 2 pp. 242-245, 2006.
- A. R. Kim, et al., "A Study in Notary System for Web Posting Digital Evidences", Korea Institute of Information Security, Vol.21 no.3 pp. 155-163, 2011.
- Y. S. Seo, et al., "A Study on Digital Forensic Marking against Print-and-Capture", Korea Information and Communications Society, vol. 33 no. 12 pp. 418-426, 2008.