- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Collision Avoidance for Indoor Mobile Robotics using Stereo Vision Sensor
스테레오 비전 센서를 이용한 실내 모바일 로봇 충돌 회피
- Kwon, Ki-Hyeon (Dept. of Electronic, Information & Communication Eng., Kangwon National University) ;
- Nam, Si-Byung (Dept. of Electronic, Information & Communication Eng., Kangwon National University) ;
- Lee, Se-Hun (Dept. of Electronic, Information & Communication Eng., Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2013.03.11
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
We detect the obstacle for the UGV(unmanned ground vehicle) from the compound image which is generated by stereo vision sensor masking the depth image and color image. Stereo vision sensor can gathers the distance information by stereo camera. The obstacle information from the depth compound image can be send to mobile robot and the robot can localize the indoor area. And, we test the performance of the mobile robot in terms of distance between the obstacle and the robot's position and also test the color, depth and compound image respectively. Moreover, we test the performance in terms of number of frame per second which is processed by operating machine. From the result, compound image shows the improved performance in distance and number of frames.
Stereo Vision;Depth Image;UGV
- Ruijie He; Prentice, S.; Roy, N.; , "Planning in info space for a quad rotor helicopter in a GPS-denied environment," Robotics and Automation, 2008. ICRA 2008. IEEE International Conference on, vol., no., pp.1814-1820, 19-23 May 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.2008.4543471 https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.2008.4543471
- Grzonka, S.; Grisetti, G.; Burgard, W.; , "Towards a navigation system for autonomous indoor flying," Robotics and Automation, 2009. ICRA '09. IEEE International Conference on, vol., no., pp.2878-2883, 12-17 May 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.2009.5152446 https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.2009.5152446
- Stowers, J.; Hayes, M.; Bainbridge-Smith, A.; , "Altitude control of a quadrotor helicopter using depth map from MS Kinect sensor," Mechatronics (ICM), 2011 IEEE International Conference on, vol., no., pp.358-362, 13-15 April 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICMECH.2011.5971311 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICMECH.2011.5971311
- Kinect. http://www.xbox.com/en-us/kinect/ March 2011.
- Freedman, B., Shpunt, A., Machline, M., Arieli, Y., "Depth mapping using projected patterns", Prime Sense Ltd, United States 2010.
- D. S. Bolme, J. R. Beveridge, M. Teixeira, and B. A. Draper, "The CSU Face Identification Evaluation System: Its Purpose, Features, and Structure", in ICVS Graz, Ausstria, 2003.
- van den Boomgard, R, and R. van Balen, "Methods for Fast Morphological Image Transforms Using Bitmapped Images," Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing: Graphical Models and Image Processing, vol. 54, no 3, pp.254-258, May 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/1049-9652(92)90055-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/1049-9652(92)90055-3
- Pravitra, C.; Chowdhary, G.; Johnson, E.; , "A compact exploration strategy for indoor flight vehicles," Decision and Control and European Control Conference (CDC-ECC), 2011 50th IEEE Conference on , vol., no., pp.3572-3577, 12-15 Dec. 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CDC.2011.6161200 https://doi.org/10.1109/CDC.2011.6161200