- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A study of calculate a time to peak enhancement of contrast level by using blood flow
혈류에 의한 조영제 peak time의 산출에 관한 연구
- Choi, Kwan-Woo (Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center) ;
- Son, Soon-Yong (Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center) ;
- Lee, Ho-Beom (Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center)
- Received : 2013.02.12
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
This study attempt to develope and suggest a new, minimize side effects process for calculate a time to peak enhancement of contrast level by using blood flow instead of current mathematical process. We conducted a studies 127 patients who performed the CE MRA by using test-contrast inject way. We used measurements of a contrast inflow time and time to peak enhancement of contrast level of each cerebrovascular branch for similarity of witch cerebrovascular branch calculate a time to peak enhancement of contrast level by using blood flow in image compared with calculation a time to peak enhancement of contrast level by using current mathematical process after contrast enhancement. In this study, confidence interval were used if the variable is continuous variable; there is differences between 4 groups exist but in group 1, there is no difference with time in peak enhancement of contrast level by using mathematical method to inflow time in sinus sigmoideus. it was significant statistically, in addition there was significant low heterogeneity in Bland Altman plot. Thus, apply a new calculate a time to peak enhancement of contrast level by using blood flow method will minimize damage caused by side effect, maintain quality of image, easy and fast access. It should provide a space for the exchange of current calculate a time to peak enhancement of contrast level by using mathematical process.
Blood flow;CE MRA;Contrast medium peak time;NSF;Test bolus method
- J. H. Choi, S. M. Lim, Y. Kim, "Comparison of 3D TOF MRA with Contrast Enhanced MRA in Intracranial Atherosclerotic Occlusive Disease", J Korean Radiol Soc, 64, pp.203-211, 2011. https://doi.org/10.3348/jksr.2011.64.3.203
- Y. S. Ji, B. J. Lee, "Usefulness of 3-Dimensional Gadolinium-enjancde MR Angiography for the Evaluation of Pedal Artery: Comparison with digital subtraction angiography", J Korean Radiol Soc, 47, pp.21-26, 2002. https://doi.org/10.3348/jkrs.2002.47.1.21
- B. J. Park, M. G. Kim, S. I. Suh, S. J. Hong, K. R. Cho, B. K. Seo, K. Y. Lee, N. J. Lee, J. H. Kim, "The Usefulness of Test Bolus Examination in Three Dimensional Contrast Enhanced MR Angiography of the Carotid Artery", J Korean Med, 44, pp.317-323, 2001. https://doi.org/10.3348/jkrs.2001.44.3.317
- Y. Yi, J. H. Choi, S. S. Kim, S. T. Chung, "The 2D/3D Time-of-flight, Phase contrst and Contrast Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Aniograph" Jounal of Electronics Engineers of korea., 40, 4, pp.67-74, 2003.
- S. J. Bae, C. H. Lim, B. R. Park, W. J. Shin, J. S. Kim, "The Value of Comparison with Four Dimension Time Resolved Imaging of Contrast Kinetics(TRICKS) MRA by Time of Flight(TOF) MRA", J Magn Korean contents, 10, pp.215-221, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.3.215 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.3.215
- S. J. Bae, " evaluate the possibility of MT Pulse at 3T CE-TOF-MRA in patients with cerebral infarction", Journal of radiological science and technology, 30, 3, pp.265-270, 2007.
- Yang JJ, Hill MD, Morrish WF, Hudon ME, Barber PA, Demchuk AM, Sevick RJ, Frayne R. "Comparison of pre and postcontrast 3d time-of-flight MR angiography for the evaluation of distal intracranial branch occlusions in acute ischemic stroke", American journal of neuroradiology, 23, 4, pp.557-567, 2002
- Y. E. Chung, "Optimal delay time for the hepatic parenchymal enhancement at the multidetector CT examination", The Graduate School Yonsei Universit Department of Medicine, 1, pp.1-50, 2006.
- S. Y. Kim, Y. K. Kim, S. M. Yoon, K. H. Yoo, J. S. Lim, "Using Keyhole and SENSE Technique 4D (time-resolved) MRA", Korean Journal of Magn Reson technology, 18, pp.244-252, 2005.
- J. S. Yu, K. W. Kim, B. J. Jo, J. K. Kim, J. K. Hahm, "Test-bolus injection for optimization of arterial phase imaging during contrast-enhanced hepatic MR imaging", Yonsei medical journal, 41, 4, pp.459-467, 2000. https://doi.org/10.3349/ymj.2000.41.4.459
- Prince. M.R, Narasimham. D. L, Stanley. J.C, "Breath-hold gadolinium-enhanced MR angiography of the abdominal aorta and its major branches", Radiology, 197, 3, 1995.
- K. W. Chung, T. S. Chung, J. Y. Joo, "What is the Cause of Signal Inhomogeneity at the Carotid Bifurcation During Contrast Enhanced Carotid MRA?: In Vivo and in Vitro Studies", J Korean Radiol Soc, 30, pp.7-14, 1994. https://doi.org/10.3348/jkrs.19188.8.131.52
- Korean Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, "magnetic resonance imaging", pp. 194-210, 316-326, Ilchokak, 2008.
- Willinek. W. A, Hadizadeh, D. R, von Falkenhause, "4D time-resolved MR angiography with keyhole (4D-TRAK): More than 60 times accelerated MRA using a combination of CENTRA, keyhole, and SENSE at 3.0T", Journal of magnetic resonance imaging, 27, 6, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jmri.21354 https://doi.org/10.1002/jmri.21354
- Y.C. Lin, "Contrast-Enhanced Carotid Magnetic Resonance Angiography: Comparison of Single-Dose and Double-Dose of Gadolinium Using the Randomly Segmented Central k-Space Ordering Technique", Journal of magnetic resonance imaging, 27, 6, pp.1461-1467, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmri.21393
- H. J. Lee, J. H. Kwon, S. K. Lee, Y. M. Jang, Y. S. Kim, Y. J. Kim, D. S. Kang, "Usefulness of Digital Subtraction Technique in the Contrast-enhanced Multi-phasic Abdominal MR angiography", Journal of the Korean radiological society, 45, 2, pp.175-182, 2001. https://doi.org/10.3348/jkrs.2001.45.2.175
- J. J. Lee, Y. M. Chang, D. M, Kang, 'The Optimization of Scan Timing for Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Angiography" Korean Journal of Radiology, 1, 3, pp.142-151, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3348/kjr.2000.1.3.142 https://doi.org/10.3348/kjr.2000.1.3.142