- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Influential Factors for the Attitude of Health-Care University Students on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
보건의료계열 대학생의 심폐소생술 태도에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Jung, Geum-Sook (Department of Nursing, Hanlyo University) ;
- Oh, Hyun-Mi (Department of Nursing, Hanlyo University) ;
- Jeong, Seon-Young (Department of Nursing, The Graduate school, Seonam University)
- Received : 2013.02.22
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
This study is a descriptive research carried out to investigate the knowledge, confidence and attitude on cardiopulmonary resuscitation(CPR) of university students studying health care and figured out the factors affects their attitudes on CPR. 516 health-care university students were informed with the agreement of this study. The data were analyzed with t-test, one-way ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficient and Multiple linear regression were used. There were significant positive correlations between the attitude and knowledge(r=.269, p<.001) and between the attitude and confidence (r=.620, p<.001) on CPR. It was found that the influential factors for the attitude on CPR include confidence, gender, knowledge, personality, perception, education experience in CPR, experiences in medical service and the reason for choosing the subject and their persuasive power was 49%. Programs and educations enhancing knowledge and positive attitude on CPR is needed, and there needs to be developing in a proactive manner.
- Statistics Korea. "2011 Cause of Death on the Statistical Results", Available From: http:// kostat.go.kr/(Accessed Oct., 10, 2012)
- Korean Association of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. "Public Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Guideline Development and Deployment, 2011", Available From: http://www. kacpr.org/(Accessed Oct., 10, 2012)
- S. O. Hwang, K. S. Lim, "Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support", 4th Ed., Seoul : Koonja, 2011.
- K. J. Seo, H. T. Lee, S. I. Oh, W. T. Lee, "Emergency Management and Cardiopulmonary Re-suscitation", Seoul : Sumunsa, 2011.
- Korea Institute for Healthcare Accreditation. "Accreditation Standard", Available From: https://www.koiha.or.kr/(Accessed Apr., 2, 2013)
- J. Y. Kim, S. S. Jeon, D. H. Kim, S. S. Choi, "Knowledge and Attitude toward BLS and Pro-vided CPR Education among Nurses at General Wards in Pusan", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol.15, No.2, pp. 143-152, 2008.
- E. S. Kim, "Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Education, Knowledge and Attitude concerning CPR of Certified Caregivers in Nursing Homes, Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, 2010.
- W. W. Lee, G. C. Cho, S. H. Choi, J. Y. Ryu, J. Y. You, K. C. You, "The Effect of Basic Life Support Education on Layperson′s Willingness and Self-confidence in Performing Bystander Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation", Journal of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, Vol.20, No.5, pp.505-509, 2009.
- S. J. Bae, "A Study on First Responder′s Education, Knowledge and Attitude about First Aid according to Occupation Category", Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University, Gimhae, 2009.
- H. R. Kwon, J. Y. Jeong, "Actual Survey of College Students Knowledge of First Aid", The Journal of Korean Society of Emergency Medical Technology, Vol.7, No.1, pp.81-94, 2003.
- K. H. Lee, "Because of The Compensation Conflict between the College and the Breaved that the Deceased College Student at MT", Available from: http://news.naver.com/main/read. nhn?mode=LSD=mid=sec&sid1=102&oid=003& aid=0003154830/(Accessed Nov., 11, 2012)
- J. Y. Hong, M. K. Sin, H. R. Lee, "Factors Associated with Attitude toward Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 460-469, 2010.
- K. H. Kang, J. Lim, "A Population Health Characteristic Analysis of Willingness to Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation", Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, Vol.25, No.4, pp.43-54, 2008.
- S. H. Park, H. J. Choi, B. S. Kang, T. H. Lim, S. R. Yeom, "A Study Assessing the Knowledge and Attitude of First Responders about Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation", The Journal of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, Vol.17, No.6, pp.545-558, 2006.
- A. Bandura, "Self-efficacy: Toward a Unifying Theory of Behavioral Change", Psychological Re-view, Vol.84, No.2, pp.191-215, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191 https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- S. H. Kim, C. Y. Lee, "A study on Self-efficacy and Self-esteem of the Students Department of Cosmetology", Journal of the Korean Society of Cosmetology, Vol.17, No.6, pp.1138-1149, 2011.
- Y. R. Park, "Knowledge, Attitude and Self-Confidence of Student Nurses Regarding Nosocomial Infection Control", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol.14, No.4, pp.429-436, 2007.
- Center for Educational Statistics Information. "Employment statistics yearbook, 2009", Available from: http://cesi.kedi.re.kr/(Accessed Apr., 2, 2013)
- American Heart Association. "Guidelines 2010 for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Care", Available from: http:// www.heart. org/(Accessed Oct., 10, 2012)
- J. M. Park, "The Effect of Self-directed Learning in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Main-taining and Performance", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, 2006.
- J. S. Schlessel, H. A. Rappa, M. Lesser, D. Rogge, R. Ennis, L. Mandel, "CPR Knowledge, Self-efficacy, and Anticipated Anxiety as Functions of Infant/child CPR Training", Annals of Emergency Medicine, Vol.25, No.5, pp. 618-623, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0196-0644(95)70174-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0196-0644(95)70174-5
- K. H. Kang, "Development and Evaluation of a Self-efficacy Based Basic Life Support Program", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul, 2004.
- K. H. Kang, "A Study on the Effect of BLS Teaching for First Responder", Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, 1998.
- S. H. Park, "The Study of Knowledge and Attitude on BLS of Heart Disease's Spouse", Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, 2002.
- C. H. Lee, S. S. Park, "Influence of Knowledge and Attitude toward Cardio pulmonary Resuscitation in Elementary school Students of Some Regions upon Self-confidence", Journal of Academia Industrial Technology, Vol.11, No.5, pp. 1921-1928, 2010.
- H. S. Kim, M. S. Kim, M. H. Park, "Analysis of Nursing Student′s Knowledge, Attitude and Ability to Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 16, No.4, pp. 430-437, 2009.
- H. K. Shin, J. S. Lee, "A Longitudinal Study on the Impact of Career Decision Level of High School Students on Their College and Major Satisfaction and Academic Adjustment Level with Intrinsic Motivation as mediating variable", Korean Educational Research Association, Vol.45, No.1, pp.71-100, 2007.
- Statistics Korea. "2011 Southeastern, Busan, Ulsan and Gyeongnam Youth Statistical Results", Available from: http://kostat.go.kr/(Accessed Dec., 9, 2012)
- J. Y. Lim, I. Y. Yoo, S. N. Oh, "Relati-onship between Personality Type, SAT Score and GPA of Student Nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol.31, No.5, pp. 835-845, 2001. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2001.31.5.835
- Y. M. Kwon, "The Experience of Servicele-arning in Connection with the Major of Nursing", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.17, No.2, pp.208-217, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.2.208
- D. C. Uhm, M. H. Jeon, J. Y. Hwang, J. Y. Choi, "Knowledge according to Learning Experiences of CPR for Health Occupation College Students", Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.14, No.1, pp.138-146, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.1.138
- National Emergency Medical Center. "2008 National Emergency Medical Services Recognition and Satisfaction Survey", Available From: http://www.nemc.or.kr/(Accessed Dec., 10, 2012)
- The Implication and Persistence Effect of CPR Education on Female Nursing Students' Knowledge, Attitude, Confidence and Skills in Performing CPR vol.14, pp.8, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.8.3941
- The Effects and Continuum of CPR Education Program on CPR Knowledge, Attitude and Performance in Seafarers vol.28, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.5.1301
- Development and Application of an Infant and Toddler Healthcare Program for Marriage-Migrant Women vol.14, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4018/IJHISI.2019010102