- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Incident shock and Related Factors in Rescue Workers
구조대원의 사건충격 정도와 관련 요인 분석
- Yoo, Eui-Tae (Department of Education at Dongbang Graduate University) ;
- Cho, Sung-Je (Department of Education at Dongbang Graduate University)
- Received : 2013.04.11
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
This study was designed to identify the extent of incident shock who are in high risk of post traumatic shock stress, and analyze the related factors that affect the extent of incident shock. The subjects are 415 rescue workers from Seoul Metropolitan Fire & Disaster Headquarters, who are in high frequency of fire outbreaks and rescue mobilization. With a reliability of Cronbach's
Rescue workers;Occupational Stress;post-traumatic stress;incident shock
- Jeong-Gum Yun, "A study on trumatic stress of firefighters",Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School University of Seoul. 2002.
- Deuk-Yong Shin, Man-Joong Jeon, "Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Related Factors in Male Firefighters in a Metropolitan City" Korean J Occup Environ Med, Vol 24, No. 4, pp.397-409, 2012.
- Seoul Metropolitan Fire & Disaster Headquarters, "2012 General Information".2013 Major business plan, P8, 2013.
- National Emergency Management Agency data, 2012.
- Guidotti TL. "Human factors in firefighting ; ergo nomic cardiopulmonary and psychogenic stress-related issues" Int Arch Occup Enviro Health ;Vol 64, No1, pp1-12. 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF00625945 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00625945
- Seoul Metropolitan Fire & Disaster Headquarters, "For post-traumatic stress and suicide prevention fire officials mental management measures". 2012.
- Ajou University R&DB Foundation, "Research on the Analysis of Post-traumatic Stress in Fire Fighters", National Emergency Management Agency, 2008.
- Hea-Kyung Choi, Jee-Hee Kim, "Effects of Traumatic Events on Post-traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD), Burnout, Physical Symptoms, and Social and Occupational Functions in Korean Firefighters" Journal of the korea contents, Vol .No.5, pp213-215, 2010.
- Dong-Won Oh, "The effect fire officials' shift works Job stress on Fatigue" Graduate School of Public Health Ajou University, 2009.
- Jin Chae, Seong-Cheon Woo, Gi-Bong Ko, " An Analysis of Factors Affecting the Job Stress of Fire Fighters", Journal of korean Institute of Fire Science & Engineering, Vol 26, No. 5, p.28-34, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7731/KIFSE.2012.26.5.028
- Jeon-Soo Kim, "A study on job stresses and organizational commitments of firefighters : focusing on effects of improving work environments" Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School of Policy Studies korea University, 2012.
- Ha-Rin Woo, "An Empirical Analysis of Job Stress and Psychological Burnout of Fire Officials" Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School of Seoul National University of Science and Technology, 2007.
- Jeom-Mo Bae, "A Comparative Study on the Relationships among Post-traumatic Stress, Psychological Wellbeing, and Depression of Policemen and Firefighters" Unpublished master's thesis, Dept. of Disaster Science Graduate School University of Seoul, 2011.
- Hyun-hee Im, "Post-traumatic Stress and Related Factors in Firefighters" Unpublished master's thesis, Science Graduate School InJe University, 2011.
- Ye-Shim Yun, "A study on the Effects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Impact on Event on the Mental Health of Fire Fighters", Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School University KwangJu, 2008
- Jee-Hee Kim, "Study on the Post-traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD) in Disaster and Emergency Care" 2007 korea contents, 2007.
- Jin-Hwan Oh, Nan-Young Lim, "Analysis of Factors Influencing Secondary Traumatic Stress, Burnout, and Physical Symptoms in Firefighters" The Korean journal of fundamentals of nursing, Vol.13, No.1, 2006.
- Sang-Ku Lee, Yong-Kyu Lee, "Empirical Study on the Causes and Results of Job Stress Among Fire Fighters : Focusing on Job Characteristics, Role Confusion, Relationships with Co-Worker and Organizational Commitment" Journal of Korean Institute of Fire Science and Engineering Vol. 21, No 1, pp.74-86, 2007.
- Na-Yoon Lee, Yang-Sook Hah, "post-traumatic stress experiences of firefighters and paramedics" Perspectives in Nursing Science Vol. 9 No. 2, pp 83-93, 2012.
- Local government officials in Japan Association for Promotion of Safety and Health, "Firefighting personnel involved in field activities stress management Follow-up Study Group Report", Japanese fire officials stress management and follow-up the researchers, 2006
- Horowitz MJ, Wilner N, Alvarez W. "Impact Of Event Scale : A Measure Of Subjective Stress", Psychosomatic Medicine 41: 209-218. 1979 https://doi.org/10.1097/00006842-197905000-00004
- Weiss DS, Marmar CR, "The Impact of Event Scale-Revised". Wilson JP, Keane TM, editors. Assessing psychological trauma and PT-SD, New York Guliford Press, pp.391-411, 1997.
- Hun-Jeong Eun, Tae-Wan Kwon, Sun-Mi Lee, Tae-Hyoung Kim, Ｍal-Rye Choi, Soo-Jin Cho, "A Study on Reliability and Validity of the Korean Version of Impact of Event Scale-Revised" Journal Of The Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, Vol.44, No.3, pp 303-310, 2005.
- Choong-Yung Jung, Rhee-Gyu Choe, "Statistical Analysis with SPSSWIN, 5th ed.", Muyok Publications, Seoul, 2009.
- Seo-Il Chae "Methodology of social science research" p251 seoul bubmunsa,, 1980.
- Hea-Kyung Choi, "Effects of Traumatic Events on Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Burnout, Physical Symptoms, and Social and Occupational Functions in Korean Fire fighters" Unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, Graduate School Ajou University, pp49-53, 2010.
- Hong-Mi Yoo "The Study environmental support the relationship between burnout and job stress of firefighters" Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School University DaeJeon, pp38-45, 2002
- Creamer TL, Linddle BJ, "Secondary traumatic Stress among disaster mental health workers responding to the September 11th attacks, Journal of traumatic Stress" Vol.18, No.1, pp 89-96, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jts.20008 https://doi.org/10.1002/jts.20008
- Seon-Deok Jo, Jae-Beom Park, "The Relationship between Job Stress and Alcohol-use Disorders among Firemen" Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol.12, No.1, pp133-140, 2012. https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2012.12.1.133
- Kyong-Hwa Kang, "The relationship between alcohol drinking and job stress among firemen" Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School Catholic University of Korea. 2001.
- Graham K, Schmidt G. "Alcohol use and psycho -social well-being among older adults", J Study Alcohol ; 60(3): pp 345-51. 1999. https://doi.org/10.15288/jsa.1999.60.345