- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Analysis of Regional Disparity and Competitiveness on Employment in Korea
지역 간 고용격차와 고용경쟁력 분석에 관한 연구
- Park, Hong-Chul (Graduate School of Urban Studies, Hanyang University) ;
- Lee, Joo-Hyung (Graduate School of Urban Studies, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2013.04.08
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
This study aims to recognize the regional disparity of employment and to analyse the regional current states and characteristics using the evaluation criteria for employment competitiveness. Firstly, it has revealed that the regional disparity of employment is deepening and disparity from the quality side and stability side are more serious. Secondly, the strongest regional employment competitiveness was found to be Chungnam, followed by Seoul, Ulsan, Gyeongbuk, Daejeon and the region of employment risky is Busan. Lastly, it has analysed that the most influencing factors on employment competitiveness are criteria of stability sector. Therefore, we should make efforts to create jobs of good quality and stable, in order to reduce regional disparity and strengthen the competitiveness of employment. And especially region of employment risky must require continuous monitoring.
Jobless Growth;Employment Disparity;Regional Employment Competitiveness;Evaluation Criteria
- S. Y. Lee, Y. S. Jang, Y. R. J, "A Study on the Characteristics and Factors of Regional Employment Growth", Journal of Governmental Studies, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp.49-79, 2009.
- De Cyyper, N., Bernhard-Oettel, C., Berntson E. De Witte, H. and Alarco, B. Employability and Employees' well-being : Meditation by Job Insecurity. Applied Psychology : An International Review, Vol. 57, No. 3. pp.488-509, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-0597.2008.00332.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-0597.2008.00332.x
- H. M. Kim, Y. M. Kim, "The Impact of Creative Industries and Workers on Urban Employment Competitiveness", The Korea Association for Policy Studies, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp.321-345, 2009.
- Levin, H. M. Youth Unemployment and Its Educational Consequences, Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp.231-247, 1983. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1163563 https://doi.org/10.2307/1163563
- Mincer, Jacob. Schooling, Experience and Earnings, Columbia University Press, 1974.
- Y. J. Choi, C. N. Son, "Analysis on the Regional Disparity and effectiveness of Labor Market", Korea Development Institute, 2007.
- I. S. Jung, B. Y. Cheon, S. H. Lim, The Analysis of Local Labor Markets, Korea Labor Institute, 2003.
- B. Y. Cheon, "A Study of Regional Employment Growth Differentials in Korea", Journal of The Korea Social Science Institute, No. 68, pp.205-235, 2006.
- J. W. Hur, "Regional Characteristics and Disparities of Job Creation", Journal of The Korean Urban Management Association, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp.77-97, 2007.
- S. I. Park, "Determinants of Regional Employment Gap", Kukje Kyungje Yongu, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp.119-143, 2012. https://doi.org/10.17298/kky.2012.18.2.005
- Fugate, M., Employability, In J. Greenhous & G. Callanan (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Career Development, Vol. 1, pp.267-271, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781412952675.n94 https://doi.org/10.4135/9781412952675.n94
- K. S. Nam, M. H. Oh, H. G. Hong, "A Study on Developing a Relative-Specialization Index Using Expected Frequence", Journal of the Korean statistical society,, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp.581-588, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2008.21.4.581 https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2008.21.4.581
- Y. H. Noh, C. G. Shin, "Measuring the Quality of Employment: Principal Component Based Index Using Korean Quarterly Data", Journal of vocational education & training, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp.45-65, 2007.
- E. S. Kim, K. J. Park, An Analysis of the Performance of Local Labour Markets, Gyeonggi Research Institute, 2010.
- M. H. Oh, "A Study on Constructing a Composite Index of Regional Labor Market and its Application", Ordo Economics Journal, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp.55-74, 2011.