- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study of Sports Stars' Guarantee Advertising and Consumers' Intention to Purchase Sporting Goods
스포츠스타의 보증광고 속성과 소비자의 스포츠용품 구매의도 연구
- Ko, Wi-Sug (Department of Sports & Leisure Study, Daegu University) ;
- Park, Sung-Hye (Department of Physical Education, Gyeongbuk University)
- Received : 2013.03.26
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
The purpose of this study is to investigate the influence of guarantee advertising by three sports stars (Jisung Park, Doori Cha, and Tahwan Park) working for famous sport brand names such as Nike, Adidas, and Fila on the intention of purchasing. In the study, total 240 people of all ages but those who are under twenty are chosen to conduct a survey. The results of investigation is the followings. First, with the respect of gender and age there are statistically meaningful differences between sports stars' guarantee advertising and consumers' intention of purchasing sporting goods that result from demographical elements. Second, how the guarantee advertising of sports stars have an influence on consumer's intention of purchasing products results in the three sports stars in a different way. As for Jisung Park, the result represents that his athlete characteristics such as expertise, creditability and similarity have to do with consumers' intention of purchasing goods most. Third, as for Doori Cha, the result identifies that his creditability and similarity plays an important role for the consumers' intention of purchasing. Forth, as for Tahwan Park, similarity has some meaningful influence on the sport consumer's intention of purchasing. The fact that similarity plays an important role in common for the consumers' intention of purchasing is noteworthy to the researchers relating to the advertisement area.
Guarantee Advertising;Intention of Purchasing;Sports Consumers;Sports Stars
- Kim, Y. M, & Lee, J. W, "An influence of the celebrity athlete endorser's attribute on the effects of advertisement: Focused on type of positive information", Advertising Research, Vol-No.66, pp. 39-57, 2005.
- Oh, T. S, Kang, H. D, & Ahn, J. H, "New media in the information society", Nanam, Seoul, 2009.
- Kim, Y. M, Lee, J. W, & Lee, K. S, "The relationship among attributes of celebrity athlete endorser, attritube toward advertisin, brand indentification, brand image and purchase intention according to products types", Korean Journal of Sport Science, Vol17(4), pp. 164-178, 2006.
- Kim, D. G, "Sport marketing", Ohrae, Seoul, 2011.
- Kim, Y. M, Park, S. H, & Cheon, H. M, "Sport marketing", Hakhyunsa, Seoul, 2000.
- Ko, M. S, "Analysis of the effect on advertisement in relation to advertisement models", Seoul University of Sports, Unpublished masters thesis, 2002.
- Shin, K. H, "A study on how corporate advertising with sport star advertisement model impact on building the company lamge", Journal of Korean Leisure and Sports, Vol. 8, pp. 69-83, 2004.
- Yang, G, & Jeon, I. K, "The effects of attributes of athlete endorser on attribute toward advertisement and advertisement avoidance", Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 38(1), pp. 445-458. 2010.
- Kim, H. N, "The effects of sport star activity on psychological solidarity and sports participation", The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 51(5), pp. 507-516. 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3938/jkps.61.507 https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.61.507
- Ahn, J. H, "The effects of sports stars' attribute by sports involvement", Unpublished masters thesis, Bukyung University, 2010.
- Lee, S. M, "The effects of a sports star image on attribute toward advertising and purchaing intention", Unpublished masters thesis, Kookmin University, 2008.
- Ohanian, R, "Construction and validation of a scale to measure celebrity endorsers perceived expertise, trust worthiness, and attractiveness ", Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 19(3), pp. 39-52, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1080/00913367.1990.10673191
- Lee, J. H, & Bang, J. S, "Effects of sport star advertisement model's personal attributes on suitability for advertisement model and consumer's intention of purchasing", The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 41(4), pp. 295-304, 2002.
- Kim. H. R, "The suitability of sports celebrity advertisement and purchase intention accroding to advertisement attributes", Korean Journal of Sport Management, Vol. 14(3), pp. 177-187, 2009.
- Kang, B. S, "Research methods", Mooyukkyungyoungsa, Seoul, 2002.
- Jeon, S. T, "The influence of celebrity athlete endorser's on attitude toward brand and purchasing intention", Unpublished masters thesis, Dankook University, 2010.
- Yoon, S. O, Seol, S. C, & Hwang, K. M, "Impacts of attractiveness and gender on customers' attitude toward saleperson and purchase intention", Journal of Marketing Management, Vol. 8(1), pp. 55-78, 2003.
- Kim, J. H, & Lee, S. B, "Comparison of sportsman and famous talent advertisement model on the effcts of and advertisement ", Korean Journal of Sport Management, Vol. 3(2), pp. 175-187, 1998.
- Jin, J. H, "An analytical study on the advertising effects of sport star advertisement model", Unpublished masters thesis, Yonsei University, 2001.
- Kim, Y. M, & Lee, J. W, "The effects of attributes of celebrity athlete endorser on effectveness of advertising according to information types", The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 43(5), pp. 499-509, 2004.
- Ohanian, R, "The impact of celebrity spokeperson's perceived image on consumer's intention to purchase". Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 31(1), pp. 46-57, 1991.
- Hong, J. G, "The effects of image analysis of girl's golf stars on advertising products". Unpublished masters thesis, Chungang University, 2000.
- Jin, J. H, & Cho, K. M, "An analytical study on the adevetising effects of sports star advertisement model", The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 40(3), pp. 481-491, 2001.
- Kim, S. D, & Lee, J. H, "A study of youth consumers' recognition and effect on the advertisement of the athlete models", Korean Journal of Sport Management, Vol. 6(1), pp. 117-129, 1998.
- Hwang, H. Y, Choi, H. G, & Youn, S. J, "A study on the evaluation of brand extension and purchase intention of multi-brand in store in sporting goods", Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 28, pp. 215-226, 2006.