- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Subjective Cognition about Determinant Factors in Employment on Job Satisfaction
취업결정요인의 주관적 인지가 직무만족에 미치는 영향
- Jo, Yun-Seo (The Graduate School of Vocational, Kyonggi University)
- 조윤서 (경기대학교 대학원 직업학과)
- Received : 2013.02.08
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
In order to analyze the influence of subjective cognition about determinant factors in employment on job satisfaction, this study utilized The Graduates Occupational Mobility Survey(GOMS) 2010 Year and the subjects of this survey were 4,051 people who graduated from university. The results of this study were follows: First, subjective cognition about determinant factors in employment and job satisfaction were showed significant difference by gender, type of school, school location, major fields. Second, school in region, education major, the academic factor, the certification & major field factor, the personality & human connection factor were found to have positive(+) influence on the intrinsic satisfaction. Third, 2~3years college, school in region, social major, education major, technology major, natural major, medical major, academic factor, the certification & major field factor, the personality & human connection factor were found to have positive(+) influence on the extrinsic satisfaction. This study provides detailed analysis on subjective cognition about determinant factors in employment, offering new verification of work job satisfaction.
Determinant factors in employment;Intrinsic job satisfaction;Extrinsic job satisfaction
- Statistics Korea, Annual employment trends 2012, 2013.
- Korea Employment Information Service, The Report of Youth Panel: 5-year follow-up survey, 2013.
- Career Net Corporation, The biggest impact on the employment of job seekers specification, http://company.career.co.kr/prcenter/media_data_view.asp?rid=872&page=68,(accessed Apr. 23, 2008).
- Young-Ha Jo, Byeong-Chan Kim, Bong Joon Kim, Investigation into the Influential Factors on Employment Outcomes of university Graduates, The Journal of Educational Administration, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 437-462, 2008.
- Chon-Sun Ihm, Byoung-Moo Yang, An Analysis of Employment Selection and School To Work Transition(STWT) of Recent University Graduates in Korea, The Journal of Educational Administration, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 1-25, 2006.
- Ka-Yeul Park, Young-Min Chun, An Analysis on The Effects of Employment Efforts on University Graduates, Empoyment and Vocation Research, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 29-59, 2009.
- Ta-Young Jung, Key Yab Lee, Emphasis on the Effects of GPA = Determinants of Job Finding among College Graduates, Management education review, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 159-184, 2005.
- Kye-Hyuong Lee, Kyong-Gun Kim, Determinants of Employment Pattern of College Graduates' First Jobs, The Korea educational review, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 87-111, 2008.
- Chang-Kyun Chae, Gi-Hei Choi , Jun-Peel Ok, Ahn-Guk Kim, Ho-Young Oh, The youth labor market entry and Human resource development, Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training 05-04, Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training, 2005.
- Kyu-Yong Lee, Yong-Hyun Kim, The Determinants of Youth Labor Market Performance, Quartely Journal of Labor Policy, Vol. 3, No .2, pp. 69-93, 2003.
- Ui-Gyu Lee, Nam-Chul Lee, The Analysis of Employment to Graduated from university, Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training. 2000.
- Sung-Jae Park, Jung-Ho Ban, Effects of Pre-Employment Efforts of the College Graduate Youth in Korea, Korean journal of population studies, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 29-50, 2006.
- You-Jung Hwang, Byoung-Boo Baek, Determinants of Employment Status of University Graduates Youth, Journal of Vocational Education and Training, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 1-23, 2008.
- Chon-Sun Ihm, Jin-Bong Yoo, Determinants of College Graduate Employment Selection in Service Industry, The Journal of Educational Administration, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 311-332, 2004.
- Goo-Mook Chain, Analysis of the Determinants of Employment and Wage of New College Graduates , Korean journal of social welfare, Vol. 59, No .4, pp. 35-61, 2007. https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2007.59.4.002
- Korea Job News, Spec, what is it?, http://www.koreajobnews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=23, (accessed Apr. 16, 2010).
- Statistics Korea, Young Supplementary Survey data, 2009.
- Jae-Rang Nam, Dynamic characteristics of youth unemployment and Policy implications, Review of Labor, Vol. 16, pp. 22-33, Korea Labor Institute, 2006.
- Soo-Ri Kim, Mi-Jin Park, Study on the factors affecting the performance of college graduates in the job, Korea Employment Information Service, 2008.
- Hong-Jun You, Occupational sociology, Gyeongmunsa, 2000.
- Miller, K. I., Monge P. R., Paticipation, Satisfaction and Productivity, A Meta-Analutic Review, 1986.
- Mowday, R. T., Koberg, C. S., and MacArther, A. W., The Psychology of the Linkage Model of Turnover in Two Samples, 1984.
- Sun-gjin Gang, Sang-Wak Son, The impact of unemployment on job satisfaction: College graduates, focusing on, Korea Employment Information Service, pp. 118-145. 2010.
- Clark, A. E., Job satisfaction and gender : Why are women so happy at work?, Labour Economics Vol. 4, pp. 341-372, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0927-5371(97)00010-9 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0927-5371(97)00010-9
- Hartog, J., H. Oosterbeek, Health, wealth and happiness : Why pursue a higher education, 1998.
- Byeong-Woo Choi, Organization on job satisfaction, job characteristics, and environmental characteristics of interpersonal influence-Men and women focused on the difference, Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 195-214, 2004.
- Sung-Hyun Cha, Hui-jung Chu, The Effect of Education and Skill Mismatch on Wage, Job Satisfaction, and Intention to Leave, The Journal of economics and finance of education, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 177-215, 2010.
- Yun-Kyong Uh, Job Satisfaction according to Majors and career match by college youth, Korea Employment Information Service, pp. 102-117. 2010.
- Mora, J.-g., Garcia-Aracil, A., Vila E. Luis, Job Satisfaction Among European Higher Education Graduates, Higher Education, No. 53, pp. 29-59, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10734-005-2377-4 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10734-005-2377-4
- Je-Kyung Lee, Sung-Goo Lee, An Analysis of Career Expectations and Employment Preparation Behavior of Employed Adolescents, Journal of Career and Education, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 121-137, 2007.
- Na-Young Lee, Analysis of Four-year College Female Students' Employment Preparation Behaviors by Major Field, master's dissertation at Sookmyung University, 2012.
- Vroom, V. H., Work and Motivation, New York: John Wiley and sons. Wayne K. Hoy and Cecil G, 1964.
- Byoung-Jin Kim, Relationships among Congruence Level of Holland Vocational Types, Job Satisfaction and Job Accomplishment, doctoral dissertation at Chung-Nam University, 2007.
- Reitz, H. J., Behavior in Organization, Homewood Illinois R. D. Irwin. Inc, 1981.