- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Perceived e-Service Quality and Other-Word of Mouth on Customer Satisfaction and Revisit Intention - In a Family Restaurant Website
온라인 서비스품질에 대한 자신의 인지적 평가와 타인의 구전효과가 고객만족도와 재방문의도에 미치는 영향 - 패밀리 레스토랑 웹사이트를 대상으로
- Moon, Yun Ji (Department of Management Information Systems, Catholic University of Pusan)
- 문윤지 (부산가톨릭대학교 경영정보학과)
- Received : 2013.02.08
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
The current paper aims to analyze the influence of users' self evaluation of e-service quality and others' word-of-mouth(WOM) on customer satisfaction and revisit intention in a family restaurant web site. The research model includes the constructs of service quality, WOM, customer satisfaction, and revisit intention. This study examines the hypothesized model using data from 175 college students around the Seoul metropolitan area who have visited a family restaurant as well as used its web site during the last three months. The findings show that service quality has a significant impact on customer satisfaction and a full-mediation effect between WOM and customer satisfaction. In addition, customer satisfaction has a significant influence on revisit intention. Family restaurants need to have an effort to manage service quality factors and social influences such as online WOM in order to use a web site as a tool of customer relationship management.
Customer satisfaction;family restaurant;Revisit intention;Service quality;Word-of-mouth
Supported by : 부산가톨릭대학교
- M. Koufaris, W. Hampton-Sosa, "The Development of Initial Trust in an Online Company by New Customers," Information and Management, 413, pp. 377-397, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2003.08.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2003.08.004
- Y.I. Kim, S.Y. Hwang, "The Effects of Service Quality by a Pension Website on Customer Satisfaction and Word of Mouth Intention: Centering on the Moderating Effects of Internet Self-Efficacy," Korean Journal of Hospitality Administration, 21(3), pp. 51-68, 2012.
- V.A. Zeithaml, A. Parasuraman, A. Malhotra, A Conceptual Framework for Understanding E-service Quality: Iimplications for Future Research and Managerial Practice. Cambridge, MA: Marketing Science Institute, 2000.
- A. Parasuraman, V.A. Zeithaml, L.L. Berry, "SERVQUAL: A Multiple-item Scale for Measuring Customer Perceptions of Service Quality, " Journal of Retailing, 64, pp. 12-40, 1988.
- C.S. Lin, S. Wu, "Exploring the impact of online service quality on portal site usage," Presented at the 35th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Honolulu, HI, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/HICSS.2002.994223 https://doi.org/10.1109/HICSS.2002.994223
- D. Ribbink, A. Riel, V. Liljander, S. Steukens, Comfort Your Online Customer: Quality, Trust, and Loyalty on the Internet," Managing Service Quality, 14, pp. 446-456, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/09604520410569784 https://doi.org/10.1108/09604520410569784
- M. Huang, X. Li, X. Zeng, "Service Quality in Web 2.0 Electronic Commerce: An Integrative Perspective from Typical Service and Technique-Adoption," Paper Presented at 2007 International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, Shanghi, China, 2007.
- Parasuraman, V.A. Zeithaml, A. Malhotra, "E-S-QUAL: A Multiple-item Dcale for Assessing Electronic Service Quality. Journal of Service Research, 7, pp. 213-233, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1094670504271156 https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670504271156
- H-E. Yang, F-S. Tsai, "General E-S-QUAL Scales Applied to Websites Satisfaction and Loyalty Model," Communications of the IIMA, 7(2), pp. 115-125, 2007.
- E. Loiacono, R.T. Watson, D. Goodhue, "WebQual TM: A Web Site Quality Instrument," Presented at American Marketing Association's Winter Marketing Conference, Austin, TX, 2002.
- S. Barnes, R. Vidgen, "An integrative Approach to the Assessment of E-Commerce Quality," Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 3, pp. 114-127, 2002.
- Yoo, N. Donthu, "Developing a Scale to Measure the Perceived Quality of An Internet Shopping Site (SITEQUAL)," Quarterly Journal of Electronic Commerce, 2, pp. 31-45, 2001.
- D.M. Szymanski, R.T. Hise, "E-satisfaction: An Initial Examination," Journal of Retailing, 76, pp. 309-322, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00035-X https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00035-X
- H.S. Bansal, G.H.G. McDougall, S.S. Dikolli, K.L. Sedatole, "Relating E-satisfaction to Behavioral Outcomes: an empirical study," The Journal of Services Marketing, 18, pp. 290-302, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/08876040410542281 https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040410542281
- J. Cronin, J.Jr. Taylor, A. Steven, "Measuring Service Quality: A Reexamination and Extension," Journal of Marketing, 56(July), pp. 56-68, 1992.
- R.E. Rice, D. Shook, "Task Analyzability, Use of New Media, and Effectiveness: A Multi-site Exploration of Media Richness," Organization Science, 3(4), pp. 475-500, 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1287/orsc.3.4.475 https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.3.4.475
- T. Ahn, S. Ryu, I. Han, "The Impact of Web Quality and Playfulness on User Acceptance of Online Retailing," Information & Management, 44(3), pp. 263-275, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.12.008 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.12.008
- S.J. Barnes, R.T. Vidgen, "An Evaluation of Cyber-Bookshops: The WebQual Method," International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 6, pp. 6-25, 2001.
- M. Wolfinbarger, M.C. Gilly, "eTailQ: Dimensionalizing, Measuring and Predicting etail Quality,"Journal of Retailing, 79, pp. 183-198, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(03)00034-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(03)00034-4
- S. Dutta, A. Segev, "Business Transformation on the Internet," European Management Journal, 17, pp. 466-476, 1999. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0263-2373(99)00032-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-2373(99)00032-8
- S. Devaraj, M. Fan, R. Kohli, "Examination of Online Channel Preference: Using the Structure-Conduct-Outcome Framework," Decision Support Systems, 42, pp. 1089-1103, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2005.09.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2005.09.004
- M. Xue, P.T. Harker, "Customer Efficiency: Concept and its Impact on E-business Management," Journal of Service Research, 4(May), pp. 253-267, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1094670502004004003 https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670502004004003
- D. Reibstein, "What Attracts Customers to Online Stores, and What Keeps Them Coming Back?," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 30(4), pp. 465-473, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/009207002236918 https://doi.org/10.1177/009207002236918
- S.S. Srinivasan, R. Anderson, K. Ponnavolu, "Customer Loyalty in E-commerce: an Exploration of its Antecedents and Consequences," Journal of Retailing, 78, pp. 41-50, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(01)00065-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(01)00065-3
- E.A. Park, " Effects of the Direction of Online Reviews on Purchase Decision : The Role of Product Type and Brand Reputation," The Korean Journal of Advertising, 18(5), pp. 7-22, 2007.
- J.M. Brister, "Word of Mouth Communication and Their Effects in Consumer Network," Advances in Consumer Research, 18, pp. 155-169, 1991.
- P.M. Herr, F.R. Kardes, J. Kim, "Effects of Word-of-Mouth and Attribute Information on Persuasion: an Accessibility-Diagnosticity Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, 17 (3), pp. 454-462, 1991. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/208570 https://doi.org/10.1086/208570
- DeBruyn, G.L. Lilien, "A Multi-Stage Model of Word of Mouth Influence through Viral Marketing," International Journal of Research in Marketing, 25, pp. 151-163, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijresmar.2008.03.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijresmar.2008.03.004
- A-J. Lee, D-H, Park, J-W, Park, " Effect of the Service Quality of Food Service Industry on Customer Satisfaction, Revising Intention, and Oral Transmitting Intention," Korean Journal of Hospitality Administration, 12(1), pp.191-213, 2003.
- W. Cho, M. Cho, "The Structural Relationship between On-line Word of Mouth, Trust, Acceptance of Word of Mouth and Intention of Family Restaurant Visit on the Family Restaurant,"Journal of Tourism Management Research, 43, pp.181-199, 2010.
- H.H. Kuan, G.W. Bock, "Trust Transference in Brick and Click Retailers: An Investigation of the Before-Online-Visit Phase," Information & Management, 44(2), pp. 175-187, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.12.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.12.002
- S.H. Kim, "Did Customer Truly Forgive Service Failure Company?: Authenticity of Company Recovery Efforts and the Forgiveness Process of Customer," Korean Management Review, 39(3), pp. 665-706, 2011.
- C.A. Gronroos, "A Service Quality Model and It s Marketing Implications," European Journal of Marketing, 18(4), pp. 36-44, 1984. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000004784 https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000004784
- M.J. Bitner, "Servicescape: the Impact of Physical Surroundings on Customers and Employees," Journal of Marketing, 56, pp. 57-71, 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1252042 https://doi.org/10.2307/1252042
- S. Manes, "Web Sites: Slow by Design?," Informationweek, August, pp. 124, 1997.
- S. Wikstrom, "The Customer as Co-producer," European Journal of Marketing, 30(4), pp. 6-20,1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/03090569610118803 https://doi.org/10.1108/03090569610118803
- R.T. Rust, P.K. Kannan, N. Peng, "The Customer Economics of Internet Privacy," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 30(4), pp. 455-464, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/009207002236917 https://doi.org/10.1177/009207002236917
- G.R. Milne, A.J. Rohm, "Consumer Privacy and Name Removal Across Direct Marketing Channels: Exploring Opt-In and Opt-Out Alternatives," Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 19(2), pp.238-249, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1509/jppm.188.8.131.5236 https://doi.org/10.1509/jppm.184.108.40.20636
- M.T. Curren, V.S. Folkes, "Attributional Influences on Consumers Desires to Communicate about Products," Psychology and Marketing, 4(Summer), pp. 31-45, 1987. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mar.4220040105 https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.4220040105
- A.D. Gershoff, A. Mukherjee, A. Mukhopadhyay, "Consumer Acceptance of Online Agent Advice: Extremity and Positivity Effects," Journal of Consumer Psychology, 13(1&2), pp. 161-70, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1207/1532766037683448704 https://doi.org/10.1207/1532766037683448704
- J.J. Skowronski, D.E. Carlston, "Negativity and Extremity Biases in Impression Formation: a Review of Explanations," Psychology Bulletin, 105(1), pp. 131-142, 1989. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.105.1.131 https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909
- J.J. Skowronski, D.E. Carlston, "Social Judgment and Social Memory: the Role of Cue Diagnosticity in Negativity, Positivity, and Extremity Biases," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 105(4), pp. 689-99, 1987. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.119
- J-B. Geyskens, E.M. Steenkamp, N. Kumar, "A Meta-Analysis of Satisfaction in Marketing Channel Relationships," Journal of Marketing Research, 36(2), pp.223-238, 1999. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3152095 https://doi.org/10.2307/3152095
- C. Homburg, A. Giering, "Personal Characteristics as Moderators of the Relationship between Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty-An Empirical Analysis," Psychology & Marketing, 18(1), pp. 43-66,2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/1520-6793(200101)18:1<43::AID-MAR3>3.0.CO;2-I https://doi.org/10.1002/1520-6793(200101)18:1<43::AID-MAR3>3.0.CO;2-I
- S.S. Srinivasan, R. Anderson, "E-Satisfaction and E-Loyalty: A Contingency Framework," Psychology and Marketing, 20(2), pp. 122-138, 2003.
- R.L. Oliver, "Whence Customer Loyalty?," Journal of Marketing, 63(4), pp.33-44, 1999. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1252099 https://doi.org/10.2307/1252099
- V. Shankar, A. Smith, A. Rangaswamy, "Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty in Online and Offline Environments," International Journal of Marketing Research, 20(2), pp.153-175, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8116(03)00016-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8116(03)00016-8
- J-S, Lee, S-H. Choi, " Relation between Negative Word-of-Mouth Communication on Choice of Restaurant and Purchasing Behavior in the Customer of Food Service," Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, 13(2), pp.9-24, 2002.
- S.Y. Shin, B.J. Lee, S.M. Cha, "Impact of Online Restaurant Information WOM Characteristics on the Effect of WOM-Focusing on the Mediating Role of Source-Credibility-," Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 24(2), pp. 217-225, 2011. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2011.24.2.217
- J. L. Arbuckle, Amos 5.0 Update to the Amos User's Guide. Chicago: Small Waters, 2003.
- P.E. Shrout, N. Bolger, "Mediation in experimental and non-experimental studies: New procedures and recommendations," Psychological Methods, 7, pp. 422-445, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/1082-989X.7.4.422 https://doi.org/10.1037/1082-989X.7.4.422
- J.C. Nunnally, Psychometric Theory. NewYork: McGraw-Hill, 1978.
- M.D. Newcomb, "Drug Use and Intimate Relationships among Women and Men: Separating Specific from General Effects in Prospective Data using Structural Equation Models," Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 62(3), pp.463-476, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.62.3.463 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.62.3.463
- W. Marsh, K-T. Hau, "Assessing Goodness of Fit: Is Patrimony Always Desirable?" Journal of Experimental Education, 64(Summer), pp.364-390, 1996 https://doi.org/10.1080/00220973.1996.10806604