- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Study on niche creation mechanism of drama contents based on lead users - Focussing on drama Damo fandom community
드라마 콘텐츠의 리드 유저 기반 틈새 창출(niche creation) 메커니즘 연구 - 드라마 다모(茶母) 팬덤 커뮤니티를 중심으로
- Chang, Yong Ho (School of Communication, Sogang University) ;
- Kong, Byoung-Hun (School of Communication, Sogang University)
- Received : 2013.02.13
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.05.31
Based on the case study methods, the study analyzes that the countless UCC Cloud cloud is the niche creation by the lead users make process. This research show as follows. First, The Drama lovers and fan fiction writers are not only drama consumers but UCC creators/producers. By the process that the UCC and fan fiction is tailored to meet the needs of their users create fan fiction in fandom community, they create an entirely different niche from original drama. Second, the flow(drama consumption/evaluation, viewers needs/adaption, the user's creation/production) which community's creative users make sequentially coevolutes with the flow(drama information offer, intentionally supply/diffusion, derivatives production) of media companies. Third, the drama fandom community activities which is non-commercial activities form the drama ecosystem with a new paradigm, as well as form a virtuous cycle inked to the market continuously beyond fun, play, empathy.
Supported by : 서강대학교
- Allee, V., The Future of Knowledge: Increasing Prosperity through Value Networks, Butterworth-Heinemann, 2002.
- Anderson, C., The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More, Hyperion, 2006.
- Babbie, E. R., The Practice of Social Research, Thomson, 2007.
- Chang, Y. H.,.Kong B. H., "A study on collective creation process of literary community ecosystem: Focussing on Munjang online community", Cyber communication journal, Vol. 29. No. 3. Cyber communication academic Society, 2012.
- Chang, Y. H.,.Kong B. H., "A study on creative ecosystem model of the broadcast program production: Focussing on drama creative user community", FBC, broadcasting research supports reports, 2012.
- Chang, Y. H.,.Kong B. H., "The Complex Adaptive System approach on publishing ecosystem", Studies of Korean Publishing Science, SN 61, pp.133-158, 2011.
- Chang, Y. H.,.Kong B. H., "The emergence and ensuing typology of global ebook platform: The case study on Google eBook, Amazon Kindle, Apple iBooks Store ", Studies of Korean Publishing Science, SN 61, pp.133-158, 2011.
- Chang, Y. H.,.No D. Y., "Study on the self-organization of reality entertainment program", Broadcasting and communications, Vol. 11. No. 2. MBC, 2010.
- Choe, J. H., Based qualitative research methodology: theory and modified based theory of the actual, Sinjeong, 2011.
- Damo User(community, fanfiction) : http://www.damopia.com
- Ha Jiwon love 1023 Daum cafe(2012. 1. 22): http://cafe.daum.net/jiwonlove
- Hertel, G., Niedner, S., Herrmann, S., "Motivation of software developers in Open Source projects: an Internet-based survey of contributors to the Linux kernel", Research Policy, 32, 2003.
- Hippel, Ev., Democratizing Innovation, The MIT Press, 2005.
- Hippel, Ev., Krogh, Gv., "Open Source Software and the "Private-Collective" Innovation Model: Issues for Organization Science", Organization Science, Vol. 14, No. 2(Mar.-Apr., 2003), pp. 209-223, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.220.127.116.1192
- Hippel, Ev., Thomke, S., Sonnack, M., "Creating Breakthroughs at 3M", Harvard Business Review, September-October 1999.
- Jenkins, H., Convergence Culture: Where Old and New Media Collide, NYU Press, 2008.
- Jenkins, H., Fans, Bloggers, and Gamers: Media Consumers in a Digital Age, NYU Press., 2006.
- Kauffman, S., At Home in the Universe: The Search for the Laws of Self-Organization and Complexity, Oxford University Press, 1996.
- Kim Minjun fan Daum cafe(2012. 1. 22): http://cafe.daum.net/wowminjun
- Lakhani, K. R., Wolf, R. G., "Why Hackers Do What They Do: Understanding Motivation Effort in Free/Open Source Software Projects", MIT Sloan School of Management, Working Paper 4425-03, 2003.
- Lee Seojin fan Daum cafe(2012. 1. 22) : http://cafe.daum.net/onlyjin
- Levinthal, D. A., "Adaptation on Rugged Landscapes", Management Science, Vol. 43, No. 7, pp. 934-950, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.43.7.934
- Levinthal, D. A., "The Slow Pace of Rapid Technological Change: Gradualism and Punctuation in Technological Change", Industrial and corporate change, Oxford Univ Press, pp. 217-247, 1998.
- MBC drama 'Damo' Daum cafe(2012. 1. 22): http://cafe.daum.net/mbcdamo
- MBC drama 'Damo'(2012. 1. 22): http://www.iMBC.com/broad/tv/drama/damo
- Osterwalder, A., Pigneur, Y., Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers, Wiley, 2010
- Prigogine, I., From Being to Becoming-Time and Complexity in the Physical Sciences, San Francisco: Freeman, 1981.
- Prigogine, I., Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics, New York: Wiley Interscience, 1962.
- Rogers, E. M., Diffusion of Innovation (Forth Edition), Free Press, 1995.
- Yin, R. K., Case Study Research: Design and Methods, Sage Publications, 2008.
- Yoon, Y. S. , Chae, S. H., Introduction to Complex Systems, SERI, 2005.