- Volume 33 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Identity Development of Science Teachers Involved in Teacher Communities: Based on the Theory of "Community of Practice"
과학교사들의 교사모임에의 참여 경험과 교사 정체성 형성과정에 대한 탐색 -실천공동체 이론을 중심으로-
- Kim, Hyojeong (Miyang High School) ;
- Chung, Kayoun (Myongji University) ;
- Lee, Hyunju (Ewha Womans University)
- Received : 2013.01.01
- Accepted : 2013.03.28
- Published : 2013.04.30
The premise of the study is that teacher communities or teacher interest groups are one of the representative examples of Communities of Practice (CoP) formed by teachers who engage in the process of collective learning regarding science teaching. Based on the theory of CoP, we investigated and interpreted the process of identity development of six science teachers who have been actively involved in teacher communities. We conducted 2-3 individual interviews with the teachers in order to explore their narratives and personal experiences of being involved in the communities over the years. Results indicated that a teacher community is a place where the teachers not only generated and shared repertories of ideas, documents on teaching and learning, or routines (i.e. practices), but also formulated a set of relationships through social participation. Teacher communities actively provide the teachers a sense of joint enterprise and identity, and where the teachers have an opportunity to develop themselves personally and professionally as science teachers playing major roles in their communities.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 곽영순, 김주훈 (2003). 좋은 수업에 대한 질적 연구:중등 과학수업을 중심으로. 한국과학교육학회지, 23(2),144-154.
- 김도헌 (2003). 웹기반형 교수설계자 전문성 개발을위한 실천공동체(Community of practice)형성방안. 한국교육공학회, 19(3), 199-229.
- 김도헌 (2008). 교사들의 지식공유 및 전문성 향상을위한 네트워크 기반 실천공동체의 발달과정: 인디스쿨 사례연구. 교육공학연구, 24(2), 1-30.
- 박인옥 (2007). 연구논문 : 중등의 단위학교 사회교과모임 운영에 관한 실태 조사. 시민교육연구, 39(1), 47-78.
- 서경혜 (2009). 교사 전문성 개발을 위한 대안적 접근으로서 교사학습공동체의 가능성과 한계. 한국교원교육연구, 26(2), 243-276
- 송경오, 최진영 (2010). 초∙중등학교 교사학습공동체의 측정모형 및 수준 분석. 한국교원교육연구, 27(1),179-201.
- 심재호 (2006) 과학교사 전문성과 실험 연수에 대한 중등 과학 교사의 인식. 한국생물교육학회지, 34(1), 27-37.
- 한송희, 백성혜 (2005). 과학교사모임의 형성과정, 활동목적, 연계 형태의 특징에 대한 연구. 한국과학교육학회지, 25(7), 801-810
- Danielson, C. (2006). Teacher leadership that strengthens professional practice. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- DuFour, R. (2005). What is a professional learning community? In R. DuFour, R. Eaker, & R. DuFour (Eds.), On common ground (pp. 31 43). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree.
- Lave, J., & Wenger, E. (1991). Situated learning: Legitimate peripheral participation. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Lumpe, A. T. (2007). Research-based professional development: Teachers engaged in professional learning communities. Journal of Science Teacher Education, 18, 125-128. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10972-006-9018-3
- Reeves, D. B. (2006). The learning leader: How to focus on school improvement for better results. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Wenger, E. (1998). Communities of practice: Learning, meaning, and identity. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press
- Wenger, E., & Snyder, W. (2000). Communities of practice: The organizational frontier. Harvard Business Review, 78, 139-145.
- Wenger, E., McDermott, R. A., Snyder, W., & NetLibrary, I. (2002). Cultivating communities of practice. Boston, Mass.: Harvard Business School Press
- Westheimer, J. (2008). Learning among colleagues: Teacher community and the shared enterprise of education. In S. F.-N. Marilyn Cochran-Smith, D. John McIntyre (Ed.), Handbook of research on teacher education: Enduring questions in changing contexts (3rd Ed) (pp. 756-783). New York, NY: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group and the Association of Teacher Educators.
- Witz, K. (2006). The participant as ally and essentialist portraiture. Qualitative Inquiry, 12, 246-268. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077800405284365
- Witz, K. (2007)." Awakening to"an aspect in the other: On developing insights and concepts in qualitative research. Qualitative Inquiry, 13, 235-258. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077800406295634
- Analysis on the Trends of Studies Related to 'Community of Practice' in Korea - Focused on Implications for Study of Elementary Science Education - vol.33, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.15267/keses.2014.33.3.464
- Development and Application of the Measuring Instrument for the Analysis of Science Classroom Culture from the Perspective of 'Community of Practice' vol.35, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14697/jkase.2015.35.1.0131