- Volume 22 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Runoff on Urban Watershed in Jeju island, Korea
제주도 도심하천 유역의 유출특성 해석
- Jung, Woo-Yul (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Yang, Sung-Kee (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Lee, Jun-Ho (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2012.11.08
- Accepted : 2013.04.04
- Published : 2013.05.31
Jeju Island, the heaviest raining area in Korea, is a volcanic Island located at the southernmost of Korea, but most streams are of the dry due to its hydrological/geological characteristics different from those of inland areas. Therefore, there are limitations in applying the results from the mainland to the studies on stream run-off characteristics analysis and water resource analysis of Jeju Island. In this study, the SWAT(soil & water assessment tool) model is used for the Hwabuk stream watershed located east of the downtown to calculate the long-term stream run-off rate, and WMS(watershed modeling system) and HEC-HMS(hydrologic modeling system) models are used to figure out the stream run-off characteristics due to short-term heavy rainfall. As the result of SWAT modelling for the long-term rainfall-runoff model for Hwabuk stream watershed in 2008, 5.66% of the average precipitation of the entire basin was run off, with 3.47% in 2009, 8.12% in 2010, and root mean square error(RMSE) and determination coefficient(
Supported by : 제주수자원연구단
- Choi, H. K., Baek, H. S., Jeong, B. H., 2002, A study on application of HEC-HMS model to the Naerinchon basin, J. Ind. Technol., Kangwon national university, 22(A), 211-218.
- Han, W. K., Yang, S. K., 2009, A runoff simulated using SWAT model depending on changes to land use in Jeju island, J. Environ. Sci., 18(9), 1057-1063.
- Jang, J. S., 2003, Introduction of hydrologic models and parameters, KCID J., 10(1), 95-102.
- Jung, W. Y., Yang, S. K., 2008, Application of SWAT model on rivers in Jeju island, J. Environ. Sci., 17(9), 1039-1052.
- Jung, W. Y., Yang, S. K., 2009, Simulation of runoff of rivers in Jeju island using SWAT model, J. Environ. Sci., 18(9), 1045-1055.
- Jeju province, K-water, 2003, Report of hydrogeology and groundwater resources comprehensive survey III.
- Kim, N. W., Chung, I. M., Yoo, S. Y., Lee, J. W., Yang, S. K., 2009, Integrated surface-groundwater analysis in Jeju island, J. Environ. Sci., 18(9), 1017-1026.
- Lee, J. S., 2008, Hydrology, Goomibook, 396-399.
- Moon, D. C., Ha, G. C., Koh, K. W., Park, G. H., 2004, Study on the variation attributes of water leveldischarge in Jeju island, Proceedings of the Korean Society of Soil and Groundwater Environmental Conference, 422-425.
- Moon, D. C., Yang, S. K., Koh, K. W., Park, W. B., 2005, Estimation of baseflow discharge through several streams in Jeju island, Korea, J. Environ. Sci., 14(4), 405-412. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2005.14.4.405
- Park, W. B., Moon, D. C., 2010, Basic research of hydrological and water quality characteristics for utilization of stream runoff, Jeju Development Institute, 2010-3.
- Yang, S. K., 2007, River management and improvement measures of Jeju island, River & Culture, Korea River Assoc., 3(4), 104-115.