- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Leader's Emotional Intelligence and Nurse's own Emotional Intelligence on Organizational Commitment and Organizational Citizenship Behavior
간호사가 지각한 리더의 감성지능과 자신의 감성지능이 조직몰입 및 조직시민행동에 미치는 영향
Joo, Yun-Su;Han, Sang-Sook
- Received : 2012.06.06
- Accepted : 2013.04.10
- Published : 2013.05.31
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify the effects of leader's emotional intelligence and nurse's own emotional intelligence on organizational commitment and organizational citizenship behavior. Methods: Data were collected by self-administered questionnaires from 346 clinical nurses, and analysed by the SPSS 18.0 program. Results: The Factors which influence organizational commitment were use of emotion of nurse (
Emotional intelligence;Organizational commitment;Organizational citizenship behavior
- Lindeke, L. & Sieckert, A. (2005). Nurse-physician workplace collaboration. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 10(1).
- Mun, E. G. (2012). The relationship among emotional intelligence, interpersonal relationship, organizational citizenship behavior and burnout of hospital nurses Unpublished master'thesis, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju.
- Nikolaou I. & Tsaousis I. (2002). Emotional intelligence in the workplace, Exploring its effects on occupational stress and organizational commitment. International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 10(4), 327-342. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb028956
- Organ, D. W. (1998). Organizational citizenship behavior: The good soldier syndrome. LesingonMA : LexingtonBook.
- Park, H. H., Park, K. S., Yom, Y. H. & Kim, K. H. (2006). Impact of clinical nurses's power and empowerment on job satisfaction and organizational commitment. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 36(2), 244-254. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.2.244
- Podsakoff, P. M., Mackenzie, S. B., Moorman, R. H., & Fetter, R. (1990). Transformational leader behaviors and their effects on follower's trust in leader, satisfaction, and organizational citizenship behaviors. Leadership Quarterly, l, 107-142 https://doi.org/10.1016/1048-9843(90)90009-7
- Salovey, P. & Mayer J. D. (1990).Emotional intelligence. Imagination, Cognition and Personality, 9(3), 185-211. https://doi.org/10.2190/DUGG-P24E-52WK-6CDG
- Shin, S. H. (2011). A study on the influence of servant leadership on the job attitude of employees : Focusing on the moderating effect of the emotional intelligence and the managerial competency of the leader. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Smith, K. B., Profetto-McGrath, J., & Cummings, G. G. (2009). Emotional intelligence and nursing: An integrative literature review. International Journal of Nursing, 46(12), 1624-1636. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2009.05.024
- Vitello-Cicciu, J. M. (2002). Exploring emotional intelligence : Implications for nursing leaders. The Journal of Nursing Administration, 32(4), 203-210. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005110-200204000-00009
- Wong, C. S. & Law, K. S. (2002). The effects of leader and follower emotional intelligence on performance and attitude: An exploratory study. The Leadership Quarterly, 13(3), 243-274. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1048-9843(02)00099-1
- Young-Ritchie, C., Laschinger, H. K. S., & Wong, C. (2009). The effects of emotionally intelligent leadership behaviour on emergency staff nurses' workplace empowerment and organizational commitment. Nursing Leadership, 22(1), 70-85. https://doi.org/10.12927/cjnl.2009.20614
- Codier, E., Kamikawa, C., Kooker, B. M., & Shoultz, J. (2008). Measuring the emotionalintelligence of clinical staff nurses: an approach for improving the clinical care environment. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 32(1), 8-14. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NAQ.0000305942.38816.3b
- Dawn, F. & Theodore, S. (2004). The heart of the art: Emotional. Nursing Inquiry, 11(2), 91-98. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1800.2004.00198.x
- Goleman, D. (1995). Emotional intelligence. New York: Bantam Books.
- Jeong, H. K., & Han, H. S. (2010). The Effect of restaurant employee's emotional intelligence on customer orientation : A mediating effect of group cohesiveness and organizational commitment. Korea Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, 22(5), 205-224.
- Jung, H. S., Park, J. R., & Yoon, H. H. (2010). The effects of employees' emotional intelligence upon organizational citizenship behavior and job performance in the food service Industry. Korean Journal of culinary Research, 16(5), 134-148.
- Jung, H. W., & Jung, D. S. (2007). A Study on the effect of emotional intelligence on organizational commitment in the Korean firm organization. Social Science Research, 23(2), 325-348.
- Jung, H. W, & Kim, C. H. (2007). A study on the effect of emotional intelligence on organizational citizenship behavior-moderating effect of leader-member exchange (LMX). Korean Academy of Human Resource Management, 14(3), 167-186.
- Kim, J. H., Song, J. E., Lee, S. K., Heo. S. K., Sung, Y. H., & Lee, J. E. (2011). The effect of emotional intelligence on organizational performance in clinical nurses - A preliminary study for an education program of organizational performance -. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 17(1), 80-89. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.1.080
- Kim, M. H., & Jung, M. S. (2010). The effect of head nurse's emotional leadership on nurse's job satisfaction & organizational commitment. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, 16(3), 336-347. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.3.336
- Kim, M. S., & Park, Y. B. (2008). The effects of self-efficacy and empowerment on perceived organizational support and organizational citizenship behaviors of nurses. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, 14(3), 268-277.
- Kim, S. E. (2010). The study on the relationships between leader's emotional intelligence, organizational justice, trust and organizational effectiveness: focused on examining affect-and cognition-based trust. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Korea University, Seoul.
- Lee, K. H., & Song, J. S. (2010). The effect of emotional intelligence on self-efficacy and job stress of nurses : mediating role of self-efficacy. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, 16(1), 17-25. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.1.17
- Lee, S. Y. (2007). The relationships of superior's leadership to supervisory trust and organizational commitment of nurses. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, 13(2), 208-218.
- Chang, K. W. (2010). A study on structural modeling of organizational citizenship behaviors for nurses. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Choi, E. J. (2011). Impact of emotional intelligence on organizational commitment and organizational performance in nurse. Unpublished master'thesis, Sahmyook University, Seoul.
- Choi, J., & Ha, N. S. (2007). The relationship between organizational citizenship behavior and customer orientation on organizational justice in clinical nurses. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 13(1), 173-184.
- Mowday, R. T., Steers, R. M., & Porter, L. W. (1979). The management of organizational commitment. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 14, 224-247. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(79)90072-1
- Influence of Emotional Intelligence and Organizational Commitment on Geriatric Nursing Practice of Nurses in Long-term Care Hospitals vol.17, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.17079/jkgn.2015.17.1.29
- An Empirical Analysis of the Impact of Hospital Employees' Emotional Intelligence on Emotional Labor Strategies and Innovative Activities vol.15, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.12.387
- Self Efficacy, Organizational Commitment, Customer Orientation and Nursing Performance of Nurses in Local Public Hospitals vol.22, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.5.507
- The Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Stress Coping of Nurses vol.21, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.4.466
- Person-Organization Value Congruence between Authentic Leadership of Head Nurses and Organizational Citizenship Behavior in Clinical Nurses vol.23, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2017.23.5.515
- Comparative Study of Emotional Intelligence, Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Organizational Commitment and Organizational Performance of Clinical Nurses in Korea vol.20, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.4.446
- Relationships among Emotional Leadership, Commitment, Patient Orientation, and Job Performance in Dental Hygienists vol.15, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.5.551
- The Influences of Workplace Spirituality and Emotional Intelligence on the Organizational Citizenship Behavior for Clinical Nurses vol.10, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2016.10.2.059
- Effects of nurses’ emotional intelligence on their organizational citizenship behavior, with mediating effects of leader trust and value congruence vol.15, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1111/jjns.12206
- Effect of Head Nurses' Authentic Leadership on Nurses' Job Satisfaction and Nursing Performance: Focusing on the Mediating Effects of Empowerment vol.25, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2019.25.1.25