- Volume 16 Issue 1
It was introduced a seismic mini-array that could monitor microseismicity efficiently and analyzed seismic data obtained from the mini-array that was operated from December 19, 2012 to January 9, 2013. The mini-array consisted of a six channel data logger, a central 3 components seismometer, and a tripartite array of vertical sensors centered around the 3 components seismometer as an equilateral triangle with about 100 m aperture. All seismometers that had the same instrument response were connected a 6 channel data logger, which was set to record seismograms at a sampling rate of 200 sps. During the three weeks of campaign, a total of 16 microearthquakes were detected. Using time differences of P wave arrivals from the vertical components, S-P time from 3 components seismometers, and back azimuth from the seismic array analysis, it was possible to locate the hypocenter of the microearthquake even with one seismic miniarray. The epicenters of two nearest microearthquakes were a quarry site located 1.3 km from the mini-array. The records of quarry blasting confirmed the our analysis.
seismic array;microseismic monitoring
- Rost, S., and Thomas, C., 2002, Array seismology: methods and applications, Rev. Geophys., 40, 1008, doi:10.1029/2000RG000100. https://doi.org/10.1029/2000RG000100
- Serpetsidaki, A., Tselentis G.-A., Martakis, N., and Sokos, E., 2012, Seismicity and seismotectonics study in southwestern Albania using a local dense seismic network, Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., 102, 2090-2097. https://doi.org/10.1785/0120110139
- Sheen, D.-H., Shin, J. S., and Kang, T.-S., 2009, Seismic noise level variation in South Korea, Geosciences Journal, 13, 183-190. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12303-009-0018-0
- Sparks, R. S. J., Biggs, J., and Neuberg, J. W., 2012, Monitoring volcanoes, Science, 335, 1310-1311. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1219485
- Tosha T., Doi, N., and Koide, K., 2000, Monitoring of a geothermal reservoir utilizing microearthquakes, 25th workshop on geothermal reservoir engineering, Proceedings, SGP-TR-165.
- Wust-Bloch, G. H., and Joswig, M., 2006, Pre-collapse identification of sinkholes in unconsolidated media at Dead Sea area by 'Nanoseismic Monitoring' (graphical jackknife-location of weak sources by few, low-SNR records). Geophys. J. Int., 167, 1220-1232. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-246X.2006.03083.x
- Chang, S.-J., and Baag, C.-E., 2006, Crustal structure in Southern Korea from joint analysis of regional broadband waveforms and travel times, Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., 96, 856-870. https://doi.org/10.1785/0120040165
- De Matteis, R., Matrullo, E., Rivera, L., Stabile, T. A., Pasquale, G., and Zollo, A., 2012. Fault delineation and regional stress direction from the analysis of background microseismicity in Southern Apennines, Italy, Bull. seism. Soc. Am., 102, 1899-1907. https://doi.org/10.1785/0120110225
- Goodway, B., 2012, Introduction to this special section: Passive seismic and microseismic-Part 1, The leading edge, 31, 1296-1299. https://doi.org/10.1190/tle31111296.1
- Häge, M., and Joswig, M., 2009, Spatiotemporal characterization of interswarm period seismicity in the focal area Nov Kostel (West Bohemia/Vogtland) by a short-term microseismic study, Geophys. J. Int., 179, 1071-1079. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-246X.2009.04320.x
- Hauksson, E., Armbruster, J., and Dobbs, S., 1984, Seismicity patterns (1963-1983) as stress indicators in the Shumagin seismic gap, Alaska, Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., 74, 2541-2558.
- Joswig, M., 2008, Nanoseismic monitoring fills the gap between microseismic networks and passive seismic, First break, 26, 117-124.
- Julian, B. R., and Foulger, G. R., 2009, Monitoring geothermal process with microearthquake mechanisms, 34th workshop on geothermal reservoir engineering, Proceedings, SGP-TR-187.
- Phillips, W. S., 2000, Precise microearthquake locations and fluid flow in the geothermal reservoir at Soultz-sous-Forts, France, Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., 90, 212-228. https://doi.org/10.1785/0119990047
- Pujol, J., 2004, Earthquake location tutorial: graphical approach and approximate epicentral location techniques, Seism. Res. Let., 75, 63-74. https://doi.org/10.1785/gssrl.75.1.63
- Study on Microseismic Data Acquisition and Survey Design through Field Experiments of Hydraulic Fracturing and Artificial Blasting vol.18, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7582/GGE.2015.18.4.197
Supported by : 기상기술개발관리단