- Volume 46 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Multi-decadal Changes in Fish Communities Jeju Island in Relation to Climate Change
기후변화에 따른 제주도 주변 해역 수산 어종 변화(1981-2010)
- Received : 2013.01.21
- Accepted : 2013.04.03
- Published : 2013.04.30
We compiled and analyzed long-term time-series data collected in Korea to evaluate changes in oceanographic conditions and marine ecosystems near Jeju Island (
Climate change;Jeju;Korea;File fish;Fish community
- Beamish RJ, Leask KD, Ivanov OA, Balanov AA, Orlov AM and Sinclair B. 1999. The ecology, distribution, and abundance of midwater fishes of the Subarctic Pacific gyres. Prog Oceanogr 43, 399-442. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0079-6611(99)00017-8
- Brander KM. 2007. Global fish production and climate change. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 104, 19709-19714. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0702059104
- Chiba S and Saino T. 2002. Interdecadal change in the upper water column environment and spring diatom community structure in the Japan Sea: an early summer hypothesis. Mar Ecol Prog Ser 231, 23-35. https://doi.org/10.3354/meps231023
- Cochrane K, De Young C, Soto D and Bahri T. 2009. Climate change implications for fisheries and aquaculture: overview of current scientific knowledge. FAO Fisheries and Aquaculture Technical Paper. FAO, Rome, Italy, 212.
- deYoung B, Barange M, Beaugrand G, Harris R, Perry RI, Scheffer M and Werner F. 2008. Regime shifts in marine ecosystems: detection, prediction and management. Trends Ecol Evol 23, 402-409. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tree.2008.03.008
- Epur IV. 2009. Ecological and zoogeographic characterization of the ichthyofauna of Sivuch'ya Bay (Peter the Great Bay, Sea of Japan). Russian Journal of Marine Biology 35, 117- 126. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1063074009020023
- Hwang K and Jung S. 2012. Decadal changes in fish assemblages in waters near the Ieodo ocean research station (East China Sea) in relation to climate change from 1984 to 2010. Ocean Science Journal 47, 83-94. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12601-012-0009-3
- IPCC. 2007. Climate change 2007. The physical science basis. Summary for policymakers. Contribution of working group to the fourth assessment report of the intergovernmental panel on climate change. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Geneva, Switzerland,18.
- Jung S. 2008. Spatial variability in long-term changes of climate and oceanographic conditions in Korea. J Environ Biol 29, 519-529.
- Kang YS, Jung S, Zuenko Y, Choi I and Dolganova N. 2012. Regional differences in response of mesozooplankton to long-term oceanographic changes (regime shifts) in the northeastern Asian marginal seas. Prog Oceanogr 97-100C, 120-134.
- Kim S. 2010. Fisheries development in northeastern Asia in conjunction with changes in climate and social systems. Mar Policy 34, 803-809. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2010.01.028
- Kim S, Zhang CI, Kim JY, Oh JH, Kang S and Lee JB. 2007. Climate variability and its effects on major fisheries in Korea. Ocean Science Journal 42, 179-192. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03020922
- Kim YH, Kim YB, Kim K, Chang KI, Lyu SJ, Cho YK and Teague WJ. 2006. Seasonal variation of the Korea Strait Bottom Cold Water and its relation to the bottom current. Geophys Res Lett 33.
- Kodama K, Oyama M, Lee J, Kume G, Yamaguchi A, Shibata Y, Shiraishi H, Morita M, Shimizu M and Horiguchi T. 2010. Drastic and synchronous changes in megabenthic community structure concurrent with environmental variations in a eutrophic coastal bay. Prog Oceanogr 87, 157-167. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pocean.2010.09.003
- Koo BJ, Kwon KK and Hyun JH. 2005. The sediment-water interface increment due to the complex burrows of macrofauna in a tidal flat. Ocean Science Journal 40, 221-227. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03023522
- Lee DI, Choi JM, Lee YG, Lee MO, Lee WC and Kim JK. 2008. Coastal environmental assessment and management by ecological simulation in Yeoja Bay, Korea. Estuar Coast Shelf Sci 80, 495-508. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecss.2008.08.022
- Lehodey P, Alheit J, Barange M, Baumgartner T, Beaugrand G, Drinkwater K, Fromentin JM, Hare SR, Ottersen G, Perry RI, Roy C, van der Lingen CD and Werner F. 2006. Climate variability, fish, and fisheries. J Clim 19, 5009-5030. https://doi.org/10.1175/JCLI3898.1
- Lyu SJ and Kim K. 2003. Absolute transport from the sea level difference across the Korea Strait. Geophys Res Lett 30, 1285. https://doi.org/10.1029/2002GL016233
- Maekawa C. 1989. Relationship between water temperature and catch quantity of filefish Thamnaconus modestus (in Japanese). Bulletin of the Kanagawa Prefectural Fisheries Experiment Station 89, 27-30.
- Murawski SA. 2000. Definitions of overfishing from an ecosystem perspective. ICES Journal of Marine Science: Journal du Conseil 57, 649-658. https://doi.org/10.1006/jmsc.2000.0738
- Na H. 2011. Seasonal to decadal variability of the upper-ocean hydrography and circulation in the East Sea. School of earth and environmental sciences. Ph.D. Thesis. Seoul National University, Seoul, 115.
- Na H, Kim K-Y, Chang K-I, Kim K, Yun J-Y and Minobe S. 2010. Interannual variability of the Korea Strait Bottom Cold Water and its relationship with the upper water temperatures and atmospheric forcing in the Sea of Japan (East Sea). Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans 115, C09031.
- PICES. 2004. Marine ecosystems of the North Pacific. PICES Special Publication, 280.
- Rebstock GA and Kang YS. 2003. A comparison of three marine ecosystems surrounding the Korean peninsula: responses to climate change. Prog Oceanogr 59, 357-379. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pocean.2003.10.002
- Rodionov SN. 2006. Use of prewhitening in climate regime shift detection. Geophys Res Lett 33, L12707. https://doi.org/10.1029/2006GL025904
- Roessig JM, Woodley CM, Cech JJ and Hansen LJ. 2004. Effects of global climate change on marine and estuarine fishes and fisheries. Rev Fish Biol Fish 14, 251-275. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11160-004-6749-0
- Rose GA. 2004. Reconciling overfishing and climate change with stock dynamics of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) over 500 years. Can J Fish Aquat Sci 61, 1553-1557. https://doi.org/10.1139/f04-173
- ter Braak CJF. 1986. Canonical correspondence analysis: A new eigenvector technique for multivariate direct gradient analysis. Ecology 67, 1167-1179. https://doi.org/10.2307/1938672
- Tian Y, Kidokoro H, Watanabe T and Iguchi N. 2008. The late 1980s regime shift in the ecosystem of Tsushima warm current in the Japan/East Sea: evidence from historical data and possible mechanisms. Prog Oceanogr 77, 127-145. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pocean.2008.03.007
- Zhang CI, Kim S, Gunderson D, Marasco R, Lee JB, Park HW and Lee JH. 2009. An ecosystem-based fisheries assessment approach for Korean fisheries. Fish Res 100, 26-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2008.12.002
- Zhang CI, Lee JB, Seo YI, Yoon SC and Kim S. 2004. Variations in the abundance of fisheries resources and ecosystem structure in the Japan/East Sea. Prog Oceanogr 61, 245-265. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pocean.2004.06.009
- Change of Structure Community of Fish Collected by a Gape Net with Wings after 12 Years in the Coast of Wando Island, Korea vol.47, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0659
- Changes in Fish Viral Disease Outbreaks in the Coastal Area of Korea Due to Increasing Water Temperature, an Impact of Climate Change vol.46, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2013.0582
- Relationship between Water Temperature and Oxygen Consumption Rate of the Black Scraper Thamnaconus modestus vol.36, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4217/OPR.2014.36.1.039
- Markov Chain Decomposition of Monthly Rainfall into Daily Rainfall: Evaluation of Climate Change Impact vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/7957490
- Yearly Fluctuation in the Fish Species Composition of Shrimp Beam Trawls off Maemuldo, Korea, during 2007-2009 vol.46, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2013.0619
- Fish Species Collected by the Fish Collection Project from the Southern Sea of Korea during 2010-2012 vol.48, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0507
- Sexual Dimorphism of Damselfish, Chromis notata in Spawning Season vol.30, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2018.06.30.3.830
Supported by : 제주대학교